+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which paper to use on Konica Minolta C7000?

Donor mvmservis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Which paper to use on Konica Minolta C7000?

Hi, i have production printer, and have constant problems with paper - 135 gsm and up. If i use Mondi paper it is ok, but it is very expensive. Do you have any ideas which other paper to use?

Thank you, Jure

Junior Member dreadxero is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Odd I have the C6000 (same machine only slower) and it runs anything I throw at it. I use a lot of different heavy stocks, I even run a 350gsm Endurance Digital 130lb. Gloss regularly. On my machine I only get jams when some doesn't set the gsm correct for the stock. What stock are you trying to run?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dreadxero For This Useful Post:

Thanks

paper

Quote Originally Posted by dreadxero View Post
    Odd I have the C6000 (same machine only slower) and it runs anything I throw at it. I use a lot of different heavy stocks, I even run a 350gsm Endurance Digital 130lb. Gloss regularly. On my machine I only get jams when some doesn't set the gsm correct for the stock. What stock are you trying to run?
    We are printing mainly 100-300 gsm paper (Garda, Maestro) - if i print with Mondi or Halo paper i don't have jams, but it is 4 times expensive.
    Hi, thank's for reply. We have Develop Ineo +451 - office machine, and it's printing like you said - whatever i want. But in +7000 case we have problems even with lover gramature. I looked if i could lover down printer speed, but it is not possible...
    I set up paper weight on command workstation and made catalogue, but on the left menu where it is showing ink and other printer information it is not showing right gramature...
    i don't know anymore...

Have any ideas?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mvmservis For This Useful Post:

Junior Member rambaldi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Ineo 7000

we had this printer for almost two years now. no problem with paper stock. it just takes any stock we feed it. currently we are using the fedrigoni papers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rambaldi For This Useful Post:

Junior Member epoch is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

If you have problems with it send me a pc

You should be able to run anything (almost) through a C6000/C7000. One of there best features is the ability to print on most things due to c relatively cool 180 degree fuser...

Which in turns makes them less damaging to stock etc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to epoch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by epoch View Post
    You should be able to run anything (almost) through a C6000/C7000. One of there best features is the ability to print on most things due to c relatively cool 180 degree fuser...

Which in turns makes them less damaging to stock etc
    Hi,
    We found out that we have mainly problem with bypass printing - if i use tray4 it is quite ok (garda paper, 300gsm). We have problems with paper catalogue (on command workstation). It is lik sometime it is not synchronized snd it doesnt put right paper weight to printer settings... Do you use paper catalogue or you set up every paper and duplex manualy?

Thank you, Jure

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mvmservis For This Useful Post:

hmd
    Junior Member hmd is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Offset paper runs just fine on C6501P

We cut it at desired size from 70*100

Junior Member aheron is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have a KM C6000, I use very kind of paper like gloss matt paper, such as art paper, 350gsm also can pass, but if the paper is very hard, photo is not better at the end, so i use the long paper instead

Junior Member nijebitno is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi,

We have KM c5501 and c6000 as well. It can print allmost everything. We use garda gloss or matt paper from 80, 115, 135, 150, 180, 200, 250, 300 and 350 gsm. What is important is correct size when we cut it from B1 size. We always manualy enter dimensions in machine regardin weight and selection in print driver. Try setting output to face up normal order because transort of paper inside machine. You did not mentioned is jaming (can be problem with paper left behind in previous jam or if you printed preprinted offset paper leftovers of colour) the problem or drawing paper into bypass (can be problem with paper feed roller rubber).

Please send detailed problem description, I can help you, I am certified KM technician.

Regards

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nijebitno For This Useful Post:

Donor gnafron is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mvmservis View Post
    Hi,
    We found out that we have mainly problem with bypass printing - if i use tray4 it is quite ok (garda paper, 300gsm). We have problems with paper catalogue (on command workstation). It is lik sometime it is not synchronized snd it doesnt put right paper weight to printer settings... Do you use paper catalogue or you set up every paper and duplex manualy?

Thank you, Jure
    Hi,
    Paper catalog bugs, if you used it to create your catalog, check on the C7000 screen controllers if setup is ok. Then you will have to restart you Workstation client.
    We use 1-2-3 tray for paper until 200g/m2, Manual and 4 tray for heavier paper.
    Clean paper feed rubber roller with a damp teeth brush and dry with a microfiber tissu.
    Check the paper fiber on heavy weigth paper. If you use a 70x100 paper you will cut only 3 "33x487 cm" sheet (or 6 "33x35 cm" ;) ).

17. Your ad here

Junior Member Beetlejuice is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mvmservis View Post
    Hi, i have production printer, and have constant problems with paper - 135 gsm and up. If i use Mondi paper it is ok, but it is very expensive. Do you have any ideas which other paper to use?

Thank you, Jure

Carolina 8-12 pt for card stock is great.

Anything text stock seems to work out fine for us.

Junior Member ransomman is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    What tray are you using to run stock. With the design of the C6000/C7000 the most direct path is the Bypass so if you're running thick stock you want to go there or tray 3 (least bend around rollers). Tray 1 would be the worst - ideal for text / bond weight paper.

We run a bunch of different stock on the Konica and it will run up to 14pt coated cover. We use cougar as a basic uncoated white stock, is that what you're looking for?

+ Reply to Thread