+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A lot of pdf into one

tzanolo

Wink A lot of pdf into one

Hello. This is my first post.
    I use prinergy 5, and I receive from clients a lot of pdf to make a single book. A book with 100 pages, they simply create 100 differents corel draw files, and export and send to me 100 pdf.
    I can use it very well into a workflow:
    refine>imposition>output from iposition.
    But I need a way to recombine all files into one, with prinergy.
    today I use pdf merge (merging files, combine files) from acrobat 10, but, if there's a way to do it automatcly into the prinergy I will be glad.

Sorry for bad english, I'm from Brazil.

Thanks!

michprof
    Acrobat Professional.
    Combine PDF function.

robaat
    sorry, but i dont get it: What is the problem with Acobat function?

tzanolo
    combine, from acrobat, works well.
    but I have a lot of signatures to combine.
    all books and magazines that I impose in prinergy, then I create a pdf for every signature. a book has 50, 30, 80, signatures, I need to combine all sig in one pdf to print and fold to make a test...

it will be so usefull that I have a way, at the end of my workflow, a process template to get 80 pdf into one, then I refine to lowresolution, then print everyting at once.

tininho
    Try Nitro PDF. Regards from Portugal

Junior Member twingnu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I had also some problems like you. Had to join 300 pages. Did it with acrobat but then page sort differs. After some google'ing got a free software "PDF Split and Merge basic Ver. 2.2.1".

Did a great job

skeeball
    I also just keep it simple and use the Acrobat combine function.

Banned leila is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tzanolo View Post
    combine, from acrobat, works well.
    but I have a lot of signatures to combine.
    all books and magazines that I impose in prinergy, then I create a pdf for every signature.
    Why do you want to recombine signatures AFTER imposition? Why don't you simply recombine your 100 one page PDF with AcrobatPro to output ONE 100 pages PDF, and tehn impose this PDF like any other 100 multipages PDF???

Quote Originally Posted by twingnu
    I had also some problems like you. Had to join 300 pages. Did it with acrobat but then page sort differs. After some google'ing got a free software "PDF Split and Merge basic Ver. 2.2.1".
    SAM (Split And Merge) is a good tool... for office and home use, mainly and only!!!
    For pre-press, it is not the most reliable software to be used...

But, whatever the soft used to recombine many 1 page PDF in one PDF, always be aware of the risks of conflicts between all the different subsets of the same font contained in all the 1 page.

gabibyte
    PDFSam is very good on merging as well, does many different functions too. We've been using it at our company.

Banned printhousepl is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Re: pdf combine

First of all making pdf from different files in corel draw.
    In corel draw also you can make single pdf from different documents you have to keep all documents open just click on documents while making pdf single pdf will be made.
    or
    In acrobat 7 professional in file menu goto create pdf, in create pdf, create pdf from multiple files option, browse all files required than arrange it with up and down key and than complete the merge single pdf will be created

Quote Originally Posted by leila View Post
    Why do you want to recombine signatures AFTER imposition? Why don't you simply recombine your 100 one page PDF with AcrobatPro to output ONE 100 pages PDF, and tehn impose this PDF like any other 100 multipages PDF???

SAM (Split And Merge) is a good tool... for office and home use, mainly and only!!!
    For pre-press, it is not the most reliable software to be used...

But, whatever the soft used to recombine many 1 page PDF in one PDF, always be aware of the risks of conflicts between all the different subsets of the same font contained in all the 1 page.

11. Your ad here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gabibyte View Post
    PDFSam is very good on merging as well, does many different functions too. We've been using it at our company.
    Again, SAM is NOT a pre-press tool !!! use it at your own risks: you have been warned

... but, please, don't advice other people to make the same mistake than you.

PDF merging in AcrobatPro is a much more reliable tool, made for pre-press and usable for pre-press, but, again, be aware of potential problems when merging different subsets of the same font.

gabibyte
    PDFSam is a good tool for merging PDFs, so i don't understand why it's a mistake when using one. It's free as well.

eprint
    Have you looked at alternatives?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gabibyte View Post
    PDFSam is a good tool for merging PDFs, so i don't understand why it's a mistake when using one.
    Because, as I already said, it's a good tool for OFFICE and home use...

... and if you really don't understand the difference, be sure that one day SAM will show you the difference! (hope for you that it will be on a little job, so the reprinting will not cost you too much )

moosi
    check out pdf24

+ Reply to Thread