+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difference between Acrobat Reader and Acrobat X

Junior Member sokan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Question Difference between Acrobat Reader and Acrobat X

What is the difference between Acrobat Reader and Acrobat X?

Junior Member juicybot is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm sure there are many differences, but the most noticeable difference I've found/used is in Acrobat X you can create a PDF portfolio (binder) by combining multiple PDF documents, and you can also make it interactive by adding buttons and links, etc. Reader will only read the PDFs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to juicybot For This Useful Post:

Junior Member dzan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    the GUI interface looks completely different.

gomesdan
    In acrobat pro you can edit pdf file, but acrobat reader you do not modify pdf, its only view.

Bob12345
    Adobe Reader is the free software for READING PDFs.

You can do some limited commenting and text operations in Reader, IF that functionality has been "switched on" in the PDF document itself by the person who created the PDF in Acrobat.

Acrobat is the $600 software for CREATING and editing/manipulating PDFs. Acrobat is now a very sophisticated program with a whole world of third-party plug-ins to extend its usefulness. (One thing it is NOT, though, is a "PDF word processor"!).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob12345 For This Useful Post:

globul
    The price is the difference !

cromanic

many direferences

As gomesdan wrote:

" In acrobat pro you can edit pdf file, but acrobat reader you do not modify pdf, its only view. "

Plus in Advance mode you can change en edit color profiles, preflight ( most important) and so much more, not only the price.

Dario TT

Differences

Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro or Standard are two complete different program.
    Acrobat Reader is always free and it is necessary only when the PDF document must be read. Acrobat Pro or Standard have inside the licence of distiller engine for creating the perfect PDF without trasparences or level but with a perfect internal structure. Acrobat Pro has sever function like Portfolio, view and convert different document (TIFF, PNG, EXEL, WORD, etc..), editing the graphics - text - vectors - images but are very beatifull the fuctions for check and change automatically any parameters. With Acrobat Pro/STD is possible to create PDF by scanner, with other PDF or directly with Office application. With Acrobat Pro is possible to create actions for different works, ecc.
    You remember that several important plug-ins works only with Acrobat Pro o Standard and doesn't work inside Acrobat Reader.
    It is very hard to explain all differences because are hundreds and normaly one person in ten know only 70% of internal functions.
    I hope I have helped you.
    Bye
    Last edited by Dario TT; 05-05-2012 at 01:37 PM.

marlboroc55
    reader is free, only to see/print pdf files
    writer is the pay option. you can modify, create pdf files. also include a virtual printer where you can print diret to pdf.

the difference : the price. thera are virtual printers to pdf like cutepdf and other viewers, also officce 2010 can manage pdf files

Junior Member alvindp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    reader only use for reading pdf files, x is much powerful you can do editing.

13. Your ad here

maura

Difference between Acrobat Reader and Acrobat X

Hi! With Acrobat Pro X you can edit a pdf...using modules, put link inside, change the page order and much again and with Reader you can read a pdf, underline what you want and insert comments.

gabibyte
    I've used Acrobat X, but i think Nitro is the better software on this type of stuff. Seemed better for me.

kit_ho
    reader only see the face.Pro version.

kit_ho
    reader is not have overprint and the seperation view.

+ Reply to Thread