+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Convering files to pdf

jimbob
    Yep Photoshop Automate is the way I'd go as well.

Junior Member fratidav is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think that is very dangerous to automate the PDF conversion: you need to open the file, verify that all the fonts are OK, etc etc, and then you have to create the PDF directly from the application using the correct settings. there are different ways to create a PDF, you have to chose the right way, and attention to Corel Draw: has not a good PDF conversion....shadows, transparency and image rotation are the most common problems. It's important ot create the PDF and to open it and LOOK what's happened after the conversion. The automation should start AFTER a good PDF generation. Illustrator use Acrobat engine so creates good PDF. I repeat: attention for Corel's PDF.

Junior Member smitty0 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    in CorelDraw, you can use PDF job options to make .PDF faster:
    File -> Publish to PDF, and chose 'PDF style'
    Belive me, it's very wast way to make PDF.

Junior Member fratidav is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty0 View Post
    in CorelDraw, you can use PDF job options to make .PDF faster:
    File -> Publish to PDF, and chose 'PDF style'
    Belive me, it's very wast way to make PDF.
    Sometimes Corel's PDF create problems in rip...for example in Metadimension some kinds of shadows are not supported...beware!

Junior Member leftdriver is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    if you need a really good automation-engine take a look to Enfocus Switch. There you can create hotfolders, manage them, building complete workflows and so on. Switch is working with so called configurators, these are plugins or extensions for Switch to work together with different programms like Photoshop, InDesign etc. It's worth a try. For Illustrator there is a configurator avaiable, for Corel I don't know.

But fratidav warned correctly for a blind and fullautomated PDF-creation.

Donor danigrafic is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The ideal is to create pdfs using the applications themselves adobe illustrator, indesign and acrobat distiller last term.
    When creating the PDF using the PDF-X feature that removes items that are not pre-press to generate PDF, right there you can also indicate the registration marks and bleeds. Illustrator or indesign no need acrobat distiller, other aplications needs. Corel proves that it supports a pdf.

Junior Member bladerunner is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I agree I would suggest asking the customer to make them.
    Write a nice tutorial about doing them and send it to your customers. Talk them about the advantages for them and you if they make them (security for example)

Donor j0209 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Generally you should own or have access to any software you wish to support. If you want to accept and support CDR file you should get Corel Draw, Period. If not, bounce it, ask them for a new file. I believe Corel Draw can generate EPS files, request those. If you make it clear as to what you support and what you don't to all customers, magically all the files you get will be in the correct format. if they aren't, bounce them.

freelancer81

Lightbulb no easy way...

there may or may not be utilities to automatically convert .cdr/.ai files to pdf...
    but...they may not produce the best result in terms of fxs/transparencies, colors....
    so...if quality is your concern, you go the hard way...open each file in their own program and export it to pdf.

Junior Member maggie134 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I would love to tell you there is some kind of easy way - some app or other magic trick. I know how annoying it can be when you have to spend hours just to convert files into right file format/resolution/etc. I was there. But - even if there was some 3rd party app to do that - you'd have to open every file anyway just to check if everything went OK so I'd say the best and only reasonable solution here is using proper app - Corel Draw to open .cdr files and save them onto pdf or any format necessary. From the other hand - why do you accept formats incompatible with your software? Juts request proper pdf format - why bother with converting it yourself?

11. Your ad here

Junior Member vidilla is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexii View Post
    I need to build a workflow, and my RIP is using pdf-files. But incoming files is often in .cdr format (and sometimes .ai). Now i need to open files in Corel(Illustrator), save it to pdf and then send to the RIP.
    Can i use any program to convert files? It would be good if i can install it to the server and use some kind of "Hot Folder" to convert files. And files sometimes has transparency and other effects. :)
    always best to open the files because you do not know if people send you is right, and edit slides. especially with the cdr. with illustrator if you can create a workflow that will directly open the pdf

Junior Member Novich is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm useng one [URL="http://cdrpro.ru/cdrpreflight"]plugin for corel [/URL]. Very sad, but only one macros on one comuter, it depend of computer configuration. They informed me about all error in file and can fix it. Automatically conversation don't fine - corel not native ps programm. But if you know, what file ok 100%, you can write VBA script for automatically conversion to pdf. Or use free auto-it for control corel (auto press menu and export)

respect

Respect

In my opinion/experience the best way to makes PDF is that:
    1. From graphic software PRINT a device independent PS file with right parameters
    2. makes PDF from PS with Adobe Distiller with rights parameters

This is the perfect way, I wasn't have any problem with lots of printhouse.

Junior Member Galop is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    you could open The distiller application and just drag and drop you're files on the dialog window with a default preset. You could automate you're process like that.

Joca

Convert files to pdf

For me the best way is to make the pdf files directly from the apps.. If you don't want many problems with the files ask to your clients send the files with the text in curves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast