+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Best PDF creation software?

Junior Member sandyesuh is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Another fan of Adobe Acrobat Professional. Once you have professional, it's super easy to convert various files into PDFs. If you're using other Adobe programs, those programs have similar PDF exporting features. I use all of these programs for my job in making publishing documents and books.

Moderator Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyesuh View Post
    Another fan of Adobe Acrobat Professional. Once you have professional, it's super easy to convert various files into PDFs. If you're using other Adobe programs, those programs have similar PDF exporting features. I use all of these programs for my job in making publishing documents and books.
    Lol, exactly, you'd think the creators of the file format would be the most skilled at making software to create it. Adobe and PostScript and the evolution to PDF, unfortunately Adobe have had the monopoly on their solution to Pre-Press, RIPS and the accompanying technologies for a very loooong time, early 80's I think.

1982 in fact, remember Aldus Pagemaker prior to Adobe swollowing it up peeps, classic Macs and the war between Apple and Adobe that STILL rears it's ugly head with Flash!?

Make no mistake, Adobe got rich, big time, because of their monopoly on Apple (read about it) and printing technologies, PDF's, Adobe PostScript, which btw, just like PDF's a fee applies for EVERY implementation of.

That's not to say that it can't be done better than Adobe have, it's just there is NO real competition for Adobe, thanks to that decision years ago. It's a well oiled project....goodluck finding a better developer for that one and it's history which you need to know to make a call. You would need more money and R AND D than Adobe have, do you know anyone with that?!?!! Clearly only Apple is the only company with the balls and know-how to come close, I would have preferred it to be Commodore Amiga, with a far better OS, GUI and pre-emptive multitasking in the 90s!!, but, they went bust.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostScript
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 10-31-2014 at 09:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7