+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Analize color/black pages

Junior Member cryogent is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Analize color/black pages

Hi, as I said in the title I have a single PDF file with 534 pages, color and black text so how can you know how many pages are black and color.
    There is software to count them or plugin for Adobe Acrobat?
    Sorry for my english if i wrote something wrong.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cryogent View Post
    Hi, as I said in the title I have a single PDF file with 534 pages, color and black text so how can you know how many pages are black and color.
    There is software to count them or plugin for Adobe Acrobat?
    Sorry for my english if i wrote something wrong.
    you cant. pure black may be defined in several different ways and therefore might be counted as colour as well.

Thanks
    So i have to manually extract color pages from document and count them or printing.
    Let me be more explicit, the work we are asked to print color and the black and white pages on different machines for a better price when you have several files work gets hampered.
    This is company policy.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cryogent View Post
    So i have to manually extract color pages from document and count them or printing.
    Let me be more explicit, the work we are asked to print color and the black and white pages on different machines for a better price when you have several files work gets hampered.
    This is company policy.
    mmmhhh. you have to separate the pages, print them on two different machines and have to recombine (maybe manually?) all pages afterwards to get the original page order?

and this is saving you money? i cant believe this!

maybe enfocus switch or pitstop can do this job. you might write a script or an automation task. but i doubt you will get a 100% success rate. and you need very good programming skills of course!

Thanks
    Yes I know that is not the best idea but that we are asked, i try Pitstop and see if I get a result.
    I found something on the internet, a software that does exactly what I want
    but it is an SDK which can be accessed via any programming or scripting languages​​, such as Visual Basic, C / C + +, Delphi, ASP, PHP, C #,. NET but my knowledge are not as advanced and the price of that application is not cheap.

Junior Member chrispy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    This might help you or someone....

Traction Software have a acrobat plugin called PDF Page Color Split.

Might be worth a try.

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    Sometimes the new printers are so advanced configurations themselves can calculate that ... check the settings on your printer.

+ Reply to Thread