+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: X-Rite I1 pro

  1. #46
    aaron125
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pso View Post
    Agree, the only choice still the ProfileMaker Packaging, EyeOne also do not have the polarized filter. The Spectral data have only 10nm, compare with SpectroEye is 3nm resolution.

    That's the big different.

    We have to live with this technology that fulfill some market of printing, like offset, proofing and color management.

    Packaging industry always need something else. :-(
    How can you possibly compare an EyeOne Pro spectro with a SpectroEye spectro? They are devices created for 2 absolutely and completely different purposes and users/market. Why don't you just recommend the ColorEye 7000 as the SpectroEye is greatly inferior.

    Inter-instrument Agreement: 0.08dE avg vs 0.3dE avg (both dE CIELAB)
    Wavelength Accuracy: 0.1 nm (400 – 700)
    Wavelength Precision: 0.05 nm (400 – 700)

    The SpectroEye is just a toy compared, with the only info being the specs you have slightly incorrectly interperated. The SE specs state "physical resolution 10nm (internal resolution: 3.3nm)" which is actually (I think) completely identical to the i1Pro as ArgyllCMS is able to access a 'special' high-res sampling interval when using an i1Pro for print measurements (maybe screen too, can't be bothered checking ;-) and I'm pretty sure it is the same 3.3nm. And what exactly is meant by the (internal resolution) [X-Rite's parenthesis, not mine] spec of 3.3nm but physical is still only 10nm [bold text mine]??? I've no idea what exactly X-Rite in trying to tell us.

    So, you see the SE is really built from some quite old technology and simply blown out-of-the-water by the current tech ColorEye 7000 which also has a user variable aperture and is just a complete beast of a machine(!!). I'm not even going to mention any prices, just think about putting off your next Mercedes/BMW purchase if you want to save up for a CE7000.

    But when you start saying one device is this compared to that, you have to always remember intended user and how much the devices cost as well. Would be like comparing a Ferrari F480 to a Ford Mondeo but forgetting to mention price, ride comfort, top speeds and acceleration, braking performance are all intended for the complete, polar opposite ends of any possible user spectrum.

    Just my 2cents worth - take it or leave it ;-)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:
    for

  3. #47
    xen
    xen is offline
    Junior Member xen is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    How can you possibly compare an EyeOne Pro spectro with a SpectroEye spectro? They are devices created for 2 absolutely and completely different purposes and users/market. Why don't you just recommend the ColorEye 7000 as the SpectroEye is greatly inferior.

    Inter-instrument Agreement: 0.08dE avg vs 0.3dE avg (both dE CIELAB)
    Wavelength Accuracy: 0.1 nm (400 – 700)
    Wavelength Precision: 0.05 nm (400 – 700)

    The SpectroEye is just a toy compared, with the only info being the specs you have slightly incorrectly interperated. The SE specs state "physical resolution 10nm (internal resolution: 3.3nm)" which is actually (I think) completely identical to the i1Pro as ArgyllCMS is able to access a 'special' high-res sampling interval when using an i1Pro for print measurements (maybe screen too, can't be bothered checking ;-) and I'm pretty sure it is the same 3.3nm. And what exactly is meant by the (internal resolution) [X-Rite's parenthesis, not mine] spec of 3.3nm but physical is still only 10nm [bold text mine]??? I've no idea what exactly X-Rite in trying to tell us.

    So, you see the SE is really built from some quite old technology and simply blown out-of-the-water by the current tech ColorEye 7000 which also has a user variable aperture and is just a complete beast of a machine(!!). I'm not even going to mention any prices, just think about putting off your next Mercedes/BMW purchase if you want to save up for a CE7000.

    But when you start saying one device is this compared to that, you have to always remember intended user and how much the devices cost as well. Would be like comparing a Ferrari F480 to a Ford Mondeo but forgetting to mention price, ride comfort, top speeds and acceleration, braking performance are all intended for the complete, polar opposite ends of any possible user spectrum.

    Just my 2cents worth - take it or leave it ;-)
    How does the Techkon SpectroDens compare?

  4. #48
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    3 nm vs 10 nm

    in spectroeye, holographic grating resolution is 3.3 nm
    software inside instrument made internal calculation and produce 10 nm output

    according coloreye 7000,
    i have chance to work with this instrument. this is instrument for different industry. monster!

    SpectroDens is good instrument, in my opinion SPeye is slightly better.
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

  5. #49
    Junior Member Wratten is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    You should buy two different types of calibration devices. Colorimeter intends for low intensity. and Spectrometer as the reference device for recalibration of the colorimeter.
    I have been exercising this method for years.

  6. #50
    aaron125
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    in spectroeye, holographic grating resolution is 3.3 nm
    software inside instrument made internal calculation and produce 10 nm output
    Not sure that you understand how a spectrometer actually works there silja, as the diffraction grating has nothing whatsoever to do with the recording/reporting resolution. That is entirely dependant on the (linear) CCD used to actually measure the intensities of photons arriving at various wavelenthgs from the diffraction grating. But the grating/array itself has very little to zero effect on the physical measurement/sampling resolution. Consider the following:

    The linear CCD corresponds to the range of wavelengths on a hand held spectrophotometer. Each pixel on the CCD represents a specific wavelength of light, and the more photons absorbed, the more electrical signal generated. Therefore, the electrical signal output by the CCD at each pixel is proportional to the light intensity at each corresponding wavelength.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wratten View Post
    You should buy two different types of calibration devices. Colorimeter intends for low intensity. and Spectrometer as the reference device for recalibration of the colorimeter.
    I have been exercising this method for years.
    There is nothing in the design of a colorimeter that predetermines or intends that it should only be used for low intensity measurements. This is untrue. It should be used for any and all intensities and especially for screen/projector profiling. They can perform a far superior measurement to a similarly priced spectrometer but that's because they are 2 different devices and work completely differently. Just as one can spend upwards of $40,000+ on a spectrometer, colorimeters can also be purchased for such insane prices and the accuracy goes up again.

    What kind of spectrometer have you been using to do your "recalibration of the colorimeter" and exactly how are you actually performing said recalibration? I'm very interested. Unless you're using some kind of lab grade, $20,000+ spectrometer, how do you know it's even all that accurate unless it too is being regularly recertified by the manufacturer?

  7. #51
    Bob12345
    Guest
    Great discussion. Thanks guys!

    My 2 cents' worth - I use a Spectrocam with Monaco Profiler for reading patches for making RGB profiles (when they are not available for my RIP) for fine art prints and get great results (very close to the RIP quality).

    I use an i1Pro rev B for calibrating an Eizo Monitor and end up with perfect side-by-side comparisons between the monitor and the final print in a D50 booth (allowing for the unavoidable difference between emissive and reflective, of course).

    Would love to try the new i1 profiler software though - from what I hear, seems like could get quality as good as the RIP ones. Can anyone explain why they ditched scanner profiling though? Monaco still keeps my scanner color-perfect, anyway.

  8. #52
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    3m 10 nm

    you asks
    And what exactly is meant by the (internal resolution) [X-Rite's parenthesis, not mine] spec of 3.3nm but physical is still only 10nm [bold text mine]??? I've no idea what exactly X-Rite in trying to tell us.
    you got answer. now you speak about internal resolution as expert an few posts before you don't know what internal resolution is
    arron stop trolling. with your limitation you screw up this forum
    holographic grating have resolution. depending of that resolution you have 3.3 nm internal resolution of spectroeye.
    how do you know that your instrument is ok, and you did not check 5 year? and still be proud of that? crazy

    somebody who don't know elementary stuff, for example what sRGB is, speak about color management.
    this is a crime
    i hope that i am not only one who see this nonsense.

    answer for aaron questions about certification lay in the box with instruments and my post few days before
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

  9. #53
    Junior Member greatfatguy is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PanozJani View Post
    I'm using the new software - i1Profiler, with impressive results. Since I've only an i1Pro, I can't tell you about the new colorimeters, but they should be better and faster since spectros have trouble measuring the dark colours.
    Agree, I have two ColorMunki Photo and one i1 Photo Pro, disappointed that the results of those instruments measruing the dark colors of my monitor is not so good...

    Always find the complete good solution and expand so much money, but....sigh, I have Spyder 3 Elite too, but the Delta E got worse...

  10. #54
    aaron125
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    you asks

    you got answer. now you speak about internal resolution as expert an few posts before you don't know what internal resolution is
    arron stop trolling. with your limitation you screw up this forum
    holographic grating have resolution. depending of that resolution you have 3.3 nm internal resolution of spectroeye.
    how do you know that your instrument is ok, and you did not check 5 year? and still be proud of that? crazy

    somebody who don't know elementary stuff, for example what sRGB is, speak about color management.
    this is a crime
    i hope that i am not only one who see this nonsense.

    answer for aaron questions about certification lay in the box with instruments and my post few days before
    Dude, get off the drugs!! You're smoking too much crack recently, you're losing what few brain cells you still have left.

    Please SHOW ME where or how a difraction grating can have ANY resolution in any way possible! And provide links to the rubbish site you will never find this information on as a diffraction grating array HAS NO RESOLUTION (in terms of the spectro nm bandwidth for measurements). Where exactly would one measure such a resolution? You obviously have no clue about how the inner-workings of a spectro operate. You're just prooving your ignorance again!

    Why don't you keep your pathetic kindergarden insults to the playground and instead actually realise when YOU ARE WRONG!! I can provide many examples from respected sites, showing EXACTLY where the nm resolution of a spectro is determined and HOW it is measured. You obviously cannot do the same or you wouldn't have said the crap you did. You speak so much bullshit but never back ANY of it up with actual facts or quotes from respected sources or similar.

    You STILL have not explained how to do your magical maintenance on a spectro, lessbones is also waiting for this info, but you never provide it. You just throw your 12-year-old insults around (does it make you feel tough, like a big man when you insult people?) and say everyone is wrong - did you ever think that YOU are the idiot who is incorrect, not EVERYONE else? Even a complete moron would soon start to realise this.

    And, of course, you are right, I have no idea what sRGB is and I have no clue about elementary stuff about colour management. You're off your head silja.

    Stay off the drugs!!

  11. #55
    Junior Member alonsp is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yes, try to install Photoshop cs5.5

  12. Your ad here

  13. #56
    aaron125
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    you asks

    you got answer. now you speak about internal resolution as expert an few posts before you don't know what internal resolution is
    arron stop trolling. with your limitation you screw up this forum
    holographic grating have resolution. depending of that resolution you have 3.3 nm internal resolution of spectroeye.
    how do you know that your instrument is ok, and you did not check 5 year? and still be proud of that? crazy

    somebody who don't know elementary stuff, for example what sRGB is, speak about color management.
    this is a crime
    i hope that i am not only one who see this nonsense.

    answer for aaron questions about certification lay in the box with instruments and my post few days before
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    Dude, get off the drugs!! You're smoking too much crack recently, you're losing what few brain cells you still have left.

    Please SHOW ME where or how a difraction grating can have ANY resolution in any way possible! And provide links to the rubbish site you will never find this information on as a diffraction grating array HAS NO RESOLUTION (in terms of the spectro nm bandwidth for measurements). Where exactly would one measure such a resolution? You obviously have no clue about how the inner-workings of a spectro operate. You're just prooving your ignorance again!

    Why don't you keep your pathetic kindergarden insults to the playground and instead actually realise when YOU ARE WRONG!! I can provide many examples from respected sites, showing EXACTLY where the nm resolution of a spectro is determined and HOW it is measured. You obviously cannot do the same or you wouldn't have said the crap you did. You speak so much bullshit but never back ANY of it up with actual facts or quotes from respected sources or similar.

    You STILL have not explained how to do your magical maintenance on a spectro, lessbones is also waiting for this info, but you never provide it. You just throw your 12-year-old insults around (does it make you feel tough, like a big man when you insult people?) and say everyone is wrong - did you ever think that YOU are the idiot who is incorrect, not EVERYONE else? Even a complete moron would soon start to realise this.

    And, of course, you are right, I have no idea what sRGB is and I have no clue about elementary stuff about colour management. You're off your head silja.

    Stay off the drugs!!
    /rant
    So where are your answers silja? Oh, that's right, there aren't any, exactly as I predicted almost 1 MONTH AGO!! Because you're just full of it and you say everyone else is wrong but when it comes down to it, you can't backup a single thing you say, you are unable to PROOVE anything you say with even the crappiest website as a source.

    Your bullshit about maintaining a spectro is just that. Absolute rubbish! You STILL have not explained how anyone can do this but say it must be done. I guess when you're in jail, it is a bit hard to get access to the internet all the time, right silja?

    You're such a moron. I've never come across someone as narrow-minded, obnoxious, arrogant and plain rude as you silja. I mean how could ANYONE put 'super' in front of their own name if they didn't absolutely love themselves and be as arrogant as you are? What the hell is meant to be super about you? Except for your super incredible stupidity, rudeness and narrow-mindedness, nothing whatsoever is super.

    You say it's a crime to not know something - well you must be the on the Interpol world's most wanted list then silja as you know nothing that is of any use to anyone. How can you possibly say it is a crime to not know something? Only someone with major, serious psychiatric disorders and mental health problems would ever make such a stupid and dim-witted comment like that.

    I guess that's why you're now in jail and hopefully you get multiple life sentences and never get out. Although I would very much like to hear your bullshit answer for how a holographic grating can ever possibly have any resolution figure attached to it, if you never come back here would be SO much better.

    I'm keeping my fingers x'd in the hopes you never get released from whatever jail you're locked up in. I'm sure everyone else who peruses these forums would agree we'd all be better off without you.
    /end rant

  14. #57
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Holographic grating glossary

    · Lines/mm. Groove density (ruled or holographically etched) of the grating; the greater the groove density, the better the optical resolution that will result, but the more truncated the spectral range.

    · Spectral Range. The dispersion of the grating across the linear CCD array; also expressed as the "size" of the spectra on the CCD. When selecting gratings, you must choose a wavelength range with a width equal to the Spectral Range entry in the Spectrometer Grating Selection Chart. The grating's highest efficiency is within the range listed in the Best Efficiency (>30%) column. Consider: If you choose Grating #6 for an S2000 Series spectrometer, you are limited to a 200-270 nm spectral window within the 500-1100 nm range, the parameters of that grating's highest (best) efficiency. For example, you can select 500-750 nm as the wavelength area of interest, and so on.

    · Blaze Wavelength. The peak wavelength in the typical efficiency curve for a ruled grating. Also, for a holographic grating, the most efficient wavelength region.

    · Best Efficiency ( >30%). All ruled or holographically etched gratings optimize first-order spectra at certain wavelength regions; the "best" or "most efficient" region is the range where efficiency is >30%. In some cases, gratings have a greater spectral range than is efficiently diffracted. For example, an S2000 Series spectrometer with Grating #1 has a 650 nm spectral range, but is most efficient over a much narrower range -- from 200-575 nm. In this instance, wavelengths >575 nm will have lower intensity at the detector due to the reduced efficiency of the grating.


    source
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.

    how to choose holographic grating
    http://www.horiba.com/scientific/products/optics-tutorial/diffraction-gratings/


    high res grating yes or no?

    Datacolor spectrophotometers provide high resolution color measurement ... with dual 256 diode array and high resolution holographic grating

    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    1 Why Use Gratings? For High Resolution!
    source
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    thin film physics producer of holographics grating for former gretagmacbeth instruments
    http://www.tfp-thinfilms.com/en/Application/HARPS.47.html
    and reference for grating resolution
    http://www.eso.org/sci/facilities/lasilla/instruments/harps/inst/description.html#spectro

    Echelle grating R4, 31.6 gr/mm blaze angle 75�, mosaic 2x1 on Zerodur monolith 840x214x125mm, efficiency > 65% in the visible

    The measurement head 104 is further coupled to the spectrum analyzer 106 and is configured to collect light that is reflected by the specimen and provide this light to the spectrum analyzer 106. The spectrum analyzer is configured to perform high-resolution spectral analysis of the collected light into spectral bands, so as to characterize the reflectance spectrum of the specimen. For the purposes of the present invention, the term “high resolution” refers to the ability of the spectrum analyzer 106 to precisely measure optical energy in narrow wavelength bands. In one embodiment, the spectrum analyzer 106 includes 256 sensors spreading from approximately 340 nm to approximately 800 nm and has a bandwidth of approximately 3.5 nm, which is converted to approximately 10 nm using external software. This achieves a resolution of better than approximately 0.01% in reflectance for samples having a reflectivity of less than approximately 5%, as well as an ability to measure up to approximately 120% “reflectance” (e.g., a fluorescent sample). In one embodiment, the spectrum analyzer 106 uses a diffraction grating or other functionally equivalent means to separate the collected light into bands.
    source
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.

    enough mr sRGB?
    Last edited by super silja; 03-22-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. X-rite InkFormulation v6.0
    By worker in forum Full Software
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-29-2017, 07:56 AM
  2. X-rite.InkFormulation.v6.0
    By Triky in forum Recycle Bin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 07:32 AM
  3. X-rite Colorshop 2.6
    By Gargoyle in forum Full Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 08:25 AM
  4. x-rite PressOptimizer
    By spider in forum Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 10:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts