+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: X-Rite I1 pro

aaron125
    Apologies Mr Nemesis, I was having a go at X-Rite and many profiling companies who also have the 10x10mm lower limit, but I definitely wasn't saying or trying to imply that anything you had written was incorrect or wrong in any way.

How did you manage to get the gig as a beta tester for X-Rite? Must have been a bit of fun. What field do you mainly work in, as in photographer, press/offset, colour management consultant, etc?

Nemesis
    I am sorry since this is warez forum I can't disclose that information because it can lead to my identity. I hope you will understand that because I can't risk partnership with the company that gave me their trust. Perhaps some other time till we get know each other better. But yeah, is great seeing and testing stuff before it gets commercially available. Anyway every profession you have mentioned I am quite acquainted with and at the moment I am doing more education work. I am lecturing at the technical university now, regular seminars, webinars and stuff like that. So if someone wants me on location for a seminar or a consulting I do that too.

Junior Member Kiwilopo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Any news on new spectrophotometers updating i1 pro line?

It seems the hardware i1 pro line of spectrophotometers is one of the oldest links in XRite offer. Any news on hand help updates?

IuriBernardi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwilopo View Post
    It seems the hardware i1 pro line of spectrophotometers is one of the oldest links in XRite offer. Any news on hand help updates?
    I use I1PROFILER and a Barbieri spectrofotometer end the result are perfect.

IuriBernardi
    Quote Originally Posted by kamilo1973 View Post
    Anyone of you alredy use new calibrating solution for monitor from X-Rite i1pro?

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1454

Have this measurement device calibrate wide gamut display as well?
    Yes, but you must try different software setup. I see a perfect result with a Just Normlicht light D50

tisoypinoy
    i1 profiler works much better than monaco or profilemaker.

IuriBernardi
    Quote Originally Posted by kamilo1973 View Post
    Anyone of you alredy use new calibrating solution for monitor from X-Rite i1pro?

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1454

Have this measurement device calibrate wide gamut display as well?
    Yes, i use this system every day: some question?

Junior Member xfmax is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It certainly can be a good wide-gamut monitor calibration.

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i'm not sure exactly what is being asked, but the new i1profiler software supports pretty much ever spectrophotometer out there, why do we want new ones again?

aaron125
    I agree with lessbones, not only that which he said but regardless of the age of the i1 technology, is it giving inaccurate or incorrect results? My 4-5+ years old i1Pro Rev. B is still performing very well and still nice and accurate. I've never needed to have it serviced, re-qualified or anything at all apart from pull it out and start measuring.

If you want something new, the ColorMunki device uses LED illumination and was released well over 5 years after the i1Pro. X-Rite have also released the Isis. Do you see any other brands on the market bringing out ANY new devices to compete with the i1Pro? Last one I can remember was X-Rite Pulse, from well before they merged with Gretag and that got very little market share and has very few users these days.

I'm curious to know, why do you want a new handheld/strip/spot/emmisive reading device? What is the problem you're experiencing with the i1 you use?

11. Your ad here

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    its too bad you can't use the colormunki with i1profiler (as far as i've heard) but at least as long as they continue supporting the i1pro that seems better to me than constantly causing perfectly good older meters to become obsolete...

Junior Member mrdee999 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    kind of interesting and insane discussion at the same time how fast you have to be to 'outrun' device that makes 100 scans per second. or 200 or 10000 though maybe in some situations it can be relevant. I have i1 D curious if they going to release upgrade or maybe to release a totally new device . only hope that it won't as bad as first version of i1 profiler

Donor Tom01 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heino_h View Post
    From their website:

Next generation i1Profiler software for calibrating and profiling all modern display and projector technologies including LED & Wide Gamut LCDs
    Only for colorimeter I1 Display Pro.

Donor Tom01 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lessbones View Post
    its too bad you can't use the colormunki with i1profiler
    Software X-Rite to ColorMunki and I1 Pro is very diffrent.

Junior Member skwlk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lessbones View Post
    i'm not sure exactly what is being asked, but the new i1profiler software supports pretty much ever spectrophotometer out there, why do we want new ones again?
    same here: i use i1pro without any problem with i1profiler software.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast