+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: X-Rite I1 pro

Junior Member AlexG is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    In the test has been used only Rev.B and Rev.D device. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to test i1 Pro Rev.A.
    According to the X-Rite document, mentioned by super silja, Rev.B and Rev.D devices have the same speed of sampling - 200 Hz. It was confirmed by results of the test in reflection measurement mode - average speed of sampling for both devices is about 167 samples per second.
    As for emission measurement mode, subjectively, the speed of sampling of device Rev.D is in 1.5 times higher than that of device Rev.B. To obtain an objective assessment it need further testing. I will report the results as soon as they become available.
    I have both Rev.A and Rev.B EyeOnes. Moreover, sometimes I have Rev.D in my hands. So I can also make some tests. Please can you describe how do you test the sampling frequency both reflective and emissive modes?

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    I have both Rev.A and Rev.B EyeOnes. Moreover, sometimes I have Rev.D in my hands. So I can also make some tests. Please can you describe how do you test the sampling frequency both reflective and emissive modes?
    1. Generate test target, using Argyll's [URL="http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/targen.html"]targen [/URL]utility.
    2. Create test file from the test target, using [URL="http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/printtarg.html"]printtarg [/URL]utility.
    3. Print the test file (for reflection measurements only).
    4. Measure it
    • for reflection measurements - using [URL="http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/chartread.html"]chartread [/URL]utility with -D option (debug info)
    • for emission measurements - using [URL="http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/dispread.html"]dispread [/URL]utility with -D option.
    Cheers,
    CW

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Rev.B vs. Rev.d: speed of emission measurements.

As I promised, here are the results:

i1Pro Rev.D is 1.35 faster than Rev.B

The test was performed using ArgyllCMS v1.3.3. with the same options, on the the same monitor.
    These objective data correlate well with my subjective impressions (measurement of 1617 patches for GRACoL certification)
    Cheers,
    CW

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rev.A vs Rev.B vs Rev.D: speed of reflective and emission measurements.

Hello!

Here are my results.
    I tested all three type of i1s.

Reflective measurements.
    Rev.A: 10.31 ms/reading, 97.01 Hz
    Rev.B: 5.51 ms/reading, 181.34 Hz
    Rev.D: 5.59 ms/reading, 178.96 Hz

Emissive measurements.
    Rev.A: 2028 ms/reading, 0.49 Hz
    Rev.B: 1099.25 ms/reading, 0.91 Hz
    Rev.D: 818.75 ms/reading, 1.22 Hz

Interesting thing - during emissive measurements Rev.A takes 1 measuring for 1 patch, Rev.B and D take 2 meaurings for 1 patch.

This is string from Debug for Rev.A:
    Read 1 readings, ICOM err 0x0 (2033 msec)

This is string from Debug for Rev.B:
    Read 2 readings, ICOM err 0x0 (2203 msec)

So Rev.A looks not so slow, actually it's little bit quicker than Rev.B in emissive mode!

The test was performed by using ArgyllCMS v1.3.3. with the same options, on the the same monitor and on the same testchart. Rev.A and Rev.B equipped with No filter, Rev.D is UV Cut filter, sorry...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlexG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In addition to the previos post - i1 Rev.D No filter

Today I got Rev.D No filter in my hands. Here are results for this device:

Reflective measurements.
    Rev.D No Filter: 5.51 ms/reading, 181.37 Hz (average)
    (I took quite a lot measurements, so I calculated median value also: 5.48 ms/reading, 182.53 Hz)

Emissive measurements.
    Rev.D No Filter: 819 ms/reading, 1.22 Hz

So in Reflective measurements mode Rev.D No Filter has absolutely the same speed as Rev.B.
    Also we can consider that Rev.D UV Cut has practically the same speed as No filter Rev.B and Rev.D.
    Last edited by AlexG; 09-05-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Thanks

small correction

Reflective measurements.
    Rev.A: 10.31 ms/reading, 97.01 Hz
    Rev.B: 5.51 ms/reading, 181.34 Hz
    Rev.D: 5.59 ms/reading, 178.96 Hz

Emissive measurements.
    Rev.A: 2028 ms/reading, 0.49 Hz
    Rev.B: 1099.25 ms/reading, 0.91 Hz
    Rev.D: 818.75 ms/reading, 1.22 Hz
    Reflective measurements.
    Rev.D No Filter: 5.51 ms/reading, 181.37 Hz (average)
    (I took quite a lot measurements, so I calculated median value also: 5.48 ms/reading, 182.53 Hz)

Emissive measurements.
    Rev.D No Filter: 819 ms/reading, 1.22 Hz

So Rev.D No Filter has absolutely the same speed as Rev.B.So Rev.D No Filter has absolutely the same speed as Rev.B.
    Also we can consider that Rev.D UV Cut has practically the same speed as No filter Rev.B and Rev.D.
    Considering your previous post, I guess you meant the speed of reflective measurements, but not emission measurements. Because, if we will follow your data, i1 Pro Rev.B in emissive mode in 1.34 times slower than Rev.D
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    Considering your previous post, I guess you meant the speed of reflective measurements, but not emission measurements.
    Yes, sure! I meant reflective measurements. Thank you.

Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Thanks
    similar result with i1 rev d and argyll ( in emission mode)
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

Junior Member mfy2010 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    with no-uv, the measure result is much more red than with uv result.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfy2010 View Post
    with no-uv, the measure result is much more red than with uv result.
    If you meant reflective measurements, then most likely it is due to optical brighteners. For emission measurements UV-cut filter does not matter.
    Cheers,
    CW

14. Your ad here

Junior Member Obesepete is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Wow, there is some seriously awesome info in this thread.

Member PanozJani is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Rev.A and Rev.B are susceptible to alignment in emissive mode, according to PatchTool Help (Babelcolor). You should align them vertically on discrete-pixel monitors (e.g. lcd).

Nemesis
    Here are the some data for both i1 and ColorMunki:

i1Pro

Illumination: bulb
    mode: ring
    spectrum: UV-cut or no filter
    illumination spot size: 3.5mm
    measurement aperture: 4.5mm
    frequency in scan rate: 200Hz
    spectral reporting: 10nm
    patch size, scan mode: 10mm x 10mm
    automation: iO
    inter-instrument agreement on BCRAs: 0.4deltaE average
    Swiss Made

ColorMunki

Illumination: LED
    mode: unidirectional
    spectrum: UV-cut only
    illumination spot size: 8mm
    measurement aperture: 6mm
    frequency in scan rate: 50Hz
    spectral reporting: 10nm
    patch size, scan mode: 20mm x 30mm
    automation: no
    inter-instrument agreement on BCRAs: 0.6deltaE average
    Made in China

So you can see data and compare. Anyway these data are freely available at X-Rite website. I was doing beta testing of ColorMunki while it was in research division. Few Coloratti's including Andrew Rodney and me we were guests in Regensdorf, Switzerland in X-Rite Europe HQ. I think we have been there back at 2008.

aaron125
    To anyone interested in saving paper or ink or, like me, time, even my old Rev. A i1Pro can easily scan strips with patches as small as 7.0mm x 7.0mm. I know what X-Rite and many profiling/RIP companies state but is simply isn't true about the minimum patch having to be 10x10mm.

I am able to scan 7.0x7.0mm patches with the updated backing-board/scanning ruler, at the same speed as 10x10mm patches with zero mis-reads or errors, producing excellent measurement files and profiles.

Just think, how could 10x10mm be the smallest possible strip-patch size if the exact same device, when put into a robotic arm (i1IO) can very easily and extremely quickly measure patches which are SO much smaller than 10x10mm, down to 6x7mm. Even the default i1Pro patch size in MeasureTool 5.0.10 is 10x8mm.

I'm sure I've even gone smaller than 7x7mm but I had to slow the scan speed slightly or else I did get errors and mis-reads. But it is possible.

Nemesis
    Well facts I have posted above are the ones X-Rite uses for public. I no way I didn't wrote that 10mm x 10mm is the smallest patch i1 device can measure. Personally I was measuring smaller patches from the ones X-Rite mentioned. As I have said and I repeat again, that data I have posted are the ones X-Rite publicly gives to clients.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast