+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is it worth it to buy a i1 pro ?

Junior Member hapciustyle is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

is it worth it to buy a i1 pro ?

I just borrowed two i1 pro, one of them is UV CUT.

first of it has the license for monitor profiling and the other one has no license attached. The software they provided is not licensed (only for the monitor calibration from i1 Share)

He offered to sell it to me for 300 EUR but I don't have any software to work with (besides the linearization module from my ColorGate PS7 RIP).

Is this a good idea to buy it from him? Can I find the software related for i1 pro ?

Donor Gargoyle will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    You may go for the i1Pro2. You may need to have it recalibrated or probably even the tungsten bulb replaced soon for it will burnout which along with the cost of shipping and repairs might be as expensive as getting a brand new one. Better check first the unit condition with the diagnostic utility that came with it's CD. Software support for the i1 Pro and i1Pro2 are abundant. You may also choose to upgrade your ColorGate RIP to allow for color profiling.

Quote Originally Posted by hapciustyle View Post
    I just borrowed two i1 pro, one of them is UV CUT.

first of it has the license for monitor profiling and the other one has no license attached. The software they provided is not licensed (only for the monitor calibration from i1 Share)

He offered to sell it to me for 300 EUR but I don't have any software to work with (besides the linearization module from my ColorGate PS7 RIP).

Is this a good idea to buy it from him? Can I find the software related for i1 pro ?

Junior Member muyisoldier is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The i1Pro instrument has been discontinued.
    The one you'll buy is probably second-hand or has some problem with it's lamp.
    I suggest you buy a new I1Pro2, which is a new generation of products. As you said, you have a UV-cut i1pro , exporting a M2 data when you take a measurement. The measurement value can not match with another one's.
    But it can export M0,M1,M2 data with a I1Pro2 instrument.

+ Reply to Thread