+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sublimation Ink Profiling

pir8mack

Sublimation Ink Profiling

Anyone got any tips on how best to profile sublimation ink as I use it for printing onto mug, but the problem is I cant get a decent profile off a mug due to how small the patches are and cant use the release paper as its not a representation of the inks true colours.

Junior Member rhguru is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I tried once with i1 Isis and it was reading suprisely good! I glued a piece of paper at the back just to make it more rigid and went thru easly
    My colegue uses Barbieri and he is really happy with results.
    You can try with low testchart resolution if your rip has it or use testchart generator from profilemaker and increase the patches size and then low test chart res when measuring in it.

Member PanozJani is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    hi!

I would get a flat ceramic tile of similar whiteness and use that for profiling. Since you'll probably measure it by hand - use a small testchart.

pir8mack
    Thats a good idea, at the moment I've purchased some subli alu sheets which look like that are up for the task but a ceramic tile would be best but just worried if they have UV brighteners added.

Junior Member rhguru is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If your're worried about it I would check a its white spectrum. When you'll make spectral measurments UV luminance will be nicely neutralized in paper white options in PM. Just let it choose neutal or coloured automatically it it would be fine

Junior Member vmannello is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You might already know this, but sublimation occurs on a thin coating above the white surface. Knowing that, contact your distributor, we used JDS, and ask them for materials with the same coating AND white point, that of course come flat. You might find out that the aluminum matches more closely then the ceramic tile even though you would think the opposite.

henesy
    I am heating at a real high temperature for a long period of time and I am getting a different color. Is this because profiles are specific to processes, inks and printers??
    [URL="http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com"]inks[/URL]
    Last edited by henesy; 06-06-2012 at 09:39 PM.

bestphotoprint

Profiling with dye sub inks

I've had good results with Eye One Match, rgb profiles made with just one sheet of patches, printed on special release coated paper, but plain paper works fine, too, with a little loss of details. Then I transfer it to a piece of 100% poliester cloth, and read the target with I1 espectrophotometer. I've had very good colors using this process for deskjet printers, using RGB profiles. If you use a Large format printer like Epson 9880, 9900, 9700 without a RIP software, RGB profiles is what you need inthis case, too. If you are using a RIP, you will need to create a CMYK profile. But on both cases, you can transfer the targets on a poliester cloth, and you will find it very good, I'm shure!

alexus
    pir8mack
    u need to transfer pathes on the tile its the same as mug

BTS
    i have the same concerns with the sunlimation

so thanks for the ideas guys

11. Your ad here

Banned dazzul is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I can recommend some cheap coated aluminium, works wonders and very cheap

+ Reply to Thread