+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Help for my current situation! Any Advice appreciated!

Banned jayyzhao is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Some Help for my current situation! Any Advice appreciated!

Hi,
    I got an EPSON 1390 photo series printer (modified) the printer results is ok, but when it comes to vector images the colors are dull. The color printout is no where near the jump out colors that appear on screen.

I was told i need to change my color profiles, so i assume a software will be best.
    Any suggestions

Thanks in advance.

Member Ale_Paris is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I don't know what you actually have d to your printer as you said it's modified but...

Generally, when you send your file to the printer, you should "convert it" into the profile that matches the combination of "printer - paper - ink" you are using.
    When you print through photoshop you do that in the panel that pop-ups when you click on "print" and follow the procedure.

For more precise results you can buy device that measures some test patches that you will be required to print on the paper you wish to use with that printer and ink in order to build a custom ICC Profile. Still it's a very expensive procedure (because of the cost of the device).

As an alternative you can check if the paper producer, on its website, gives you the ICC profiles to be used with its paper (in combination with the printer you are using. assuming the inks are the original s).

Let us know!

Ale

Junior Member n2gr8 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have had luck saving the file with no profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_Paris View Post
    I don't know what you actually have d to your printer as you said it's modified but...

Generally, when you send your file to the printer, you should "convert it" into the profile that matches the combination of "printer - paper - ink" you are using.
    When you print through photoshop you do that in the panel that pop-ups when you click on "print" and follow the procedure.

For more precise results you can buy device that measures some test patches that you will be required to print on the paper you wish to use with that printer and ink in order to build a custom ICC Profile. Still it's a very expensive procedure (because of the cost of the device).

As an alternative you can check if the paper producer, on its website, gives you the ICC profiles to be used with its paper (in combination with the printer you are using. assuming the inks are the original s).

Let us know!

Ale

+ Reply to Thread