+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Soft proofing

  1. #46
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Quato or human brain. I put my five cents just because of your statement, that nobody can see the difference in the 100°K
    Today i checked my light boot and try to adjust monitor
    i will turn back to soft proofing just for second,
    you like to say if you calibrate light boot to 5000°K, you will see differences if monitor is calibrated to 5700 instead 5800°K?
    i check your claim and make small experiment, i try to made two preset 5000 and 5050 ( light boot is calibrated at 4900°K, i do my best). i made sample with roman 16 images and try to find differences.
    i could not find what is 5000°K and what is 5050°K, maybe i'am to tired and i will check again
    what can i do is only statistic ...

    http://www.ipabulletin.com/default.aspx?iid=33501&startpage=page0000024
    give more (and more) light about 5000°K (and quato design flaw- calibration at 5800°K)
    that's what i say, quato haven't good white mixture.
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

  2. #47
    shampa
    Guest
    Monitor does not need to be D50 spectrum; since it is direct viewing only tristimulus values matter. No monitor gets anywhere near D50 spectrum since they all have sharp peaks in the primaries. Any monitor can match the tristimulus values of D50.

    My recommended method for calibrating monitor for softproofing is:
    1. Linearise and profile monitor at D50 whitepoint.
    2. Measure the Lab value of a sheet of paper.
    3. Display a large patch of the measured Lab value on-screen and adjust the white point of the monitor until the patch visually matches the paper.
    4. Do not re-profile under the adjusted whitepoint. (re-lineasrisation is ok)
    At this stage instrument measurements may show that the colours are out, but you should have a good visual match between screen and print. In the end your eye is the ultimate instrument to judge colour.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to shampa For This Useful Post:

  4. #48
    PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    419
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 497 Times in 166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    you like to say if you calibrate light boot to 5000°K, you will see differences if monitor is calibrated to 5700 instead 5800°K?
    As it was mentioned by shampa:
    Quote Originally Posted by shampa View Post
    the correlated colour temperature roughly corresponds to the reddish/bluishness of the colour. For a given colour temperature, there is a range of colours with different degrees of green/purpleness. Thus having the same correlated colour temperature does not mean that colours appear the same.
    That is why there is no direct correlation between CCT difference (ΔT) and colorimetric color difference (ΔE) including the difference, observed visually.
    CCT can be calculated for any chromaticity coordinate, so you can achive two colorimetrically different results with the same correlated color temperature. Even for 0°K difference it is possible to observer the difference visually.

    Your statement that the difference of 100 ° K can not be detected, is only true in the case of white samples, which lay closely or directly on the Planckian locus.

    Look at [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature#Precautions"]this[/URL] article on wikipedia.org

    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    i check your claim and make small experiment, i try to made two preset 5000 and 5050 ( light boot is calibrated at 4900°K, i do my best). i made sample with roman 16 images and try to find differences.
    i could not find what is 5000°K and what is 5050°K, maybe i'am to tired and i will check again
    what can i do is only statistic ...

    http://www.ipabulletin.com/default.aspx?iid=33501&startpage=page0000024
    give more (and more) light about 5000°K (and quato design flaw- calibration at 5800°K)
    that's what i say, quato haven't good white mixture.
    In my case, in order to visually agree the white point of the monitor with the light booth I had to choose a bit other WP target values than those which were obtained with the measuring of light reflected from the surface of paper.
    For monitor calibration, the target white point was approximately 4844°K (with color difference of ΔE 4.7 from the closest 4800 °K) while the light source color temperature was 4760 °K.
    The light booth is Color-Match 5000 of Just Normlicht and the monitor is Eizo CG245W. Measurements was made by i1Pro Rev.D
    I wasn't completely satisfied with the results, but I think partially it can be explained by the quality of color proof.
    Needless to say, the target 5800 °K will not give better visual agreement at least for this pair of monitor-light booth.
    Cheers,
    CW

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

  6. #49
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shampa View Post
    Monitor does not need to be D50 spectrum; since it is direct viewing only tristimulus values matter. No monitor gets anywhere near D50 spectrum since they all have sharp peaks in the primaries. Any monitor can match the tristimulus values of D50.

    My recommended method for calibrating monitor for softproofing is:
    1. Linearise and profile monitor at D50 whitepoint.
    2. Measure the Lab value of a sheet of paper.
    3. Display a large patch of the measured Lab value on-screen and adjust the white point of the monitor until the patch visually matches the paper.
    4. Do not re-profile under the adjusted whitepoint. (re-lineasrisation is ok)
    At this stage instrument measurements may show that the colours are out, but you should have a good visual match between screen and print. In the end your eye is the ultimate instrument to judge colour.
    i hope that your "how to" work well in practice
    i only like to make small note.
    it looks like, that is hard to maintenance in multi user/monitor environment, what is purpose of standardization. For example if you have 10 devices, you must to choose different setup for every monitor and every room lighting condition.
    everything else is ok
    thank's for your post
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

  7. #50
    Junior Member artist1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I always prefer a digital proof than a soft proof. And in your case, you are trying to have a calibrated monitor at your customer place, It makes your case worse, as you have no control over his environment, lighting conditions etc.,

  8. #51
    Junior Member aduser is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Any one trying ArgyllCMS+Dispcalgui? It did a great job on my Samsung.

    http://www.fredkuo.idv.tw/wordpress/asset/verify_TEst.html

  9. #52
    IuriBernardi
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by t.ale View Post
    hi,
    general information about it, i want reduce the proofing on paper.

    I must print and send my colorproof to client or with some client print on our printer remotely for approval.

    In this case i've problem with storage of ink and paper and so on, if i could place a calibrated monitor in their office i'll be happy......
    Softproof= Proof on VIDEO
    Hardproof= Proof on PAPER
    Both with Photoshop.

  10. #53
    Banned maeiwill is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    thx alot

  11. #54
    Junior Member DotNet123 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shampa View Post
    Eizo if you can afford it. Dell U2711 if you want to go cheap. NEC Spectraview are in the middle. Use a spectrometer, not a colorimeter, to calibrate unless the colorimeter is packaged with the monitor.
    How does the U2711 compare with Dell's 30" (which has the same res)?

  12. #55
    Junior Member sunmage is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    My recommend is NEC PA271W with i1 Pro spectrophotometer

    Profiling program is SpectraView II or BasICColor Display

  13. Your ad here

  14. #56
    Banned maeiwill is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    thanks good info

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. What kind of media you use for proofing
    By kamilo1973 in forum Color Proofing Management
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 11:53 AM
  2. Preparing hexachrome separations - best soft?
    By faust in forum Color Proofing Management
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM
  3. GMG Soft
    By biohazard32 in forum Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts