+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft proofing

Donor t.ale is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Soft proofing

hi all,
    what about the soft proofing?

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Depends on what are you looking for! General information? Software for calibrating and/or profiling you monitor? Reviews of monitors? ISO Standards? etc...

Thanks
    hi,
    general information about it, i want reduce the proofing on paper.

I must print and send my colorproof to client or with some client print on our printer remotely for approval.

In this case i've problem with storage of ink and paper and so on, if i could place a calibrated monitor in their office i'll be happy......

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Except well calibrated monitor, for color critical comparison/judgments, you have to settle up appropriate environment as described in [URL="http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=40071"]ISO 12646:2004[/URL]. If your clients plan to make direct comparison with hard-copy proof, I would recommend to take care about viewing booth and its light quality.

Thanks
    ok,
    than, for now is no sense choice

Thanks
    As for direct comparison of hard-copy color example with an image on monitor I wouldn't recommend using not professional monitors. Good choice would be either NEC, Quato or EIZO. Unlike Quato and EIZO, NEC Spectraview or Uxi-series have very good relation between cost and quality.
    Viewing booth, depends on your region, I would recommend [URL="http://www.gtilite.com/soft-proofing-viewing-systems.html"]GTI [/URL](USA) or [URL="http://www.just-normlicht.de/uk/articlelist.html?id=Desktop%20Viewing"]JUST Normlicht[/URL] (Europe).
    If an image on monitor will not directly compared with hard-copy proof and you have low budget you can look at some models from Dell.
    More actual information about tested models of monitors you will find at [URL="http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/reviews.html"]prad.de[/URL], [URL="http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews.htm"]tft-central[/URL] or [URL="http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/"]Xbitlabs[/URL]

Thanks
    thank you much for your time....
    is not at all a budget problem, primary is a person problem and change the think metod.

I'll be study a lot of documentation..

aaron125
    I agree completely with the recommendations ColorWizard has mentioned, you will at the very least require a hardware calibration monitor such as the NEC SpectraView II/Referance models, EIZO ColorEdge CG, Quato or similar screen at both the user's location & also your location. A dimmable D50 viewing booth is also quite important but can be worked around if your client does not have one.

Banned servitz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Use

I use PULSE Color Elite (X-Rite) and MonacoOptix device for calibrate monitor.
    And after I use Esko Packedge for soft proof.

Junior Member johnson is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I gave up this idea...

Better digital proof - EFI/GMG and EPSON.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member thekrakenrules is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    LaCie, Nec, Samsung, Apple, all manufacture monitors that have excellent colour gamuts and can be calibrated to suit your needs with calibration software. If you are on a budget it will be cheaper to get a good quality crt than a LCD. The monitor is only as good as the calibration, so if you buy a nice monitor and don't invest in the correct calibration software it will be money wasted.

Donor akwina is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Best monitor for smartt?

anyone testet smartt?
    http://smartt.softproofware.eu/
    best monitor for smartt?

Bob12345
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrakenrules View Post
    LaCie, Nec, Samsung, Apple, all manufacture monitors that have excellent colour gamuts and can be calibrated to suit your needs with calibration software. If you are on a budget it will be cheaper to get a good quality crt than a LCD. The monitor is only as good as the calibration, so if you buy a nice monitor and don't invest in the correct calibration software it will be money wasted.
    I would add Eizo to the above list - the CG221 simply cannot be bettered (though perhaps equaled- perhaps!).

However, the inclusion of Apple in the list is dubious, to say the least. Fashionable they may be, but for serious colour work, well...

(Bet that's put the cat among the pidgeons! heh! heh!

Donor antonioruiz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t.ale View Post
    hi all,
    what about the soft proofing?
    Monitor Eizo, Colorimeter Spyder 3 Pro, Photoshop o Adobe Acrobat X

Junior Member maxmax is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    So what about Quato monitors? They have hardware calibration

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast