+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Save CMYK 100% and convert all colors

Uploaders pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice
    Thanks

Save CMYK 100% and convert all colors

Hello, until now i was using ACROBAT tool but when read that if convert using this tool and COMPRESS is JPG the quality in IMAGES is modified using medium-low quality compress and this affet to all images.

I was searching a solution with ENFOCUS but i can't solve it with a action list. My idea for this propose is:

- Select all 100% in CMYK with and withouth ICC Tag.
    - Remove ICC to previous SELECT
    - Convert ALL rest objects with/without ICC Tag to CMYK.

I hope that someone can help me .... i am starting hate this ing PITSTOP.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pennismen View Post
    Hello, until now i was using ACROBAT tool but when read that if convert using this tool and COMPRESS is JPG the quality in IMAGES is modified using medium-low quality compress and this affet to all images.
    In my case (Win7 x64, Acrobat Pro 11.0.5, PitStop Pro 12) image compression (ZIP) remain unchanged. Image has been modified using PitStop Pro and PDF-file has been re-saved.
    Perhaps your problem is reproducible with specific versions of Acrobat and PitStop.
    Cheers,
    CW

Uploaders pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice
    Thanks
    I use Acrobat X and pitstop 11 but the problem is that all pdf that i get are generated by customers and they don't want learn how generate a good PDF (using ZIP not JPG)

The question is that i would like know if is possible with action list SELECT ALL CMYK and save values in conversion CMYK to CMYK.

Problem come when customer send me with other ICC Tagged and want convert to output profile.

Pitstop i don't see a option that leave me select FILL Taged ICC + 100% CMYK i can't do it.

If you know do this ..... will be amazing because i can solve the problem of JPG compresion and no recompress all PDF.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    The question is that i would like know if is possible with action list SELECT ALL CMYK and save values in conversion CMYK to CMYK.

Problem come when customer send me with other ICC Tagged and want convert to output profile.

Pitstop i don't see a option that leave me select FILL Taged ICC + 100% CMYK i can't do it.
    Until yet it's not clear to me the problem you are talking about.
    I do understand that you want to preserve some colors during conversion between icc profiles. But it's not clear what objects should stay unchanged. Untagged images? Certain CMYK colors?
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    Primary CMYK colors 100% i am speaking.

Thanks
    Primary CMYK colors 100% i am speaking.
    To preserve the purity of primary colors during conversion between icc profiles, IMHO, the better way would be to use DeviceLink profiles. It will allows you to keep purity of colors despite an object type (vector or image).
    For example you can create DeviceLink profile ISO_Coated_v2 -> HP_Indigo_Coated which will always keep pure only solids (CMYK+RGB) or solids + tone range from solids.
    As far as I know, Enfocus PitStop Pro can apply DeviceLink profiels, but I would recommend to use special color servers like ColorLogic ZePrA, Alwan ColorHUB(CMYK Optimizer), basICColor gHOST, etc.
    As a DeviceLink profiler I would recommend X-Rite i1Profiler v1.5 or higher, ColorLogic CoPrA or basICColor DeviL/dragLINK.
    Cheers,
    CW

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DeviceLink is good when we are speaking about Digital Press like HP INDIGO or for custom ICC for a paper.

I am speaking that i get PDF with COATED 27, ISO COATED V2, UNCOATED i would like some solution for this.

The best will be could select colors that i don't want change and change others all.

I am not a professional in Color Management and maybe i am doing some wrong. In this case i hope that anybody help me and teach how do it well.

Best regads.

Thanks
    DeviceLink is good when we are speaking about Digital Press like HP INDIGO or for custom ICC for a paper.

I am speaking that i get PDF with COATED 27, ISO COATED V2, UNCOATED i would like some solution for this.

The best will be could select colors that i don't want change and change others all.

I am not a professional in Color Management and maybe i am doing some wrong. In this case i hope that anybody help me and teach how do it well.

Best regads.
    I also have read your post in printplanet forum. In such a case I would recommend you to use Alwan CMYK Optimizer. It incorporates both profiler and color server. It creates necessary DVL profiles on the flight. Once configured it can do CMYK-CMYK convertion using embedded icc profiles and keeping purity of primaries and secondaries.
    As far as I found out, the recent version of PitStop Pro is not able to select icc taged object using its alternate color space (for example, CMYK). But keep in mind, as Andrew Bailes-Collins said, with PitStop Pro you won't be able to preserve purity of image color. Some time you may get flattened pdf file where some portion of a vector object will be converted into an image. And that is a bottle neck of using PitStop for selective CMYK-CMYK convertion.
    Cheers,
    CW

+ Reply to Thread