+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proofmaster

Donor heavenearth is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Proofmaster

Anyone using the above colorproof software?

I have installed and run some proofings on toned-based digital machine, the result was ok but would like to improve the accuracy by using a "tuning profile". However, the software created a yellowish background tint. Anyone having this problem?

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenearth View Post
    However, the software created a yellowish background tint. Anyone having this problem?
    Hello heavenearth,

The most likely cause of the yellowish tint typically is Optical Brightener Agent. Which paper do you use? What is the L*a*b* value for paper? Also give us more detailed information regarding measurement device and profiling software used to produce the profile.
    Cheers,
    CW

Member Mark83 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If your image is most yellow, you must set the temperature, +cold to kill yellow.
    this is a general thingh.
    I don't knew if your is a problem with monitor or with the program or with the profile output, but one thing is certanly, you must set it + cold.
    If the problem is at the output profile, you can assign the profile from the program and not from the printer, and you change it, whit other.
    If you want an answer more accurancy please give us more details.
    Hi.

Donor heavenearth is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    Hello heavenearth,

The most likely cause of the yellowish tint typically is Optical Brightener Agent. Which paper do you use? What is the L*a*b* value for paper? Also give us more detailed information regarding measurement device and profiling software used to produce the profile.
    Thanks for the head up, I don't know the Lab value for the paper and it is not a proofing paper. I guess you are right the OBA might be causing the yellowish tint. I will run the profiling again using better paper. I am using I1 Pro and profilemaker 5.

Donor bcolour is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Proofmaster prints a coloured tinge background

Being a ProofMaster user from way back, you printer queue you created will one of two types: proofer and photographic, meaning the proofer will simulate a standard and the photographic will print using the entire gamut of the printer you are printing on.
    So if you have the proofer printer queue then you may want to check if you have enabled 'Simulate Paper' in the queue setup. If enabled this will give you the coloured tinge you are referring to.

+ Reply to Thread