+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PCS, sRGB, CIE XYZ, CIE Lab

Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shampa View Post
    What has it changed? Where is the conflict?
    If you don't see nobody can't help you
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|

shampa
    Ah, the irony!

aaron125

Don't EVER listen to anything M$ ever says again regarding colour management.

That M$ article is just about the biggest load of outdated, non-usable and contradictory arguements I've read in many years. The stuff they were going on about has aboslutely nothing to do with any person doing any form of fine art printing, colour management, proofing, ANYTHING!!!

It is just the same old M$ crap they always spew up at us - lowest common denominator will suffice for the majority of people out there, meaning M$ and Billy Gates get to pocket about another $$$trillion.

Really, that article made so many false assumptions, contradictions and just plain old bad choices. sRGB doesn't even have a gamma of 2.2, it's sRGB gamma, not 2.2 ffs!!! M$ don't even know the most basic facts about what it is they write. But then it is M$ we're talking about, to be expected really.

Thanks
    i don't like it, you don't like it, but that's life
    this is how stuff works.
    i only make a note,
    if you use plain printer driver everything goes through sRGB
    you must to know what's M$ do with your digital data

aaron125
    What do you mean? I didn't read anywhere there that said what they talked about in the article was ever going to be instigated or put into production. It said it was a suggestion of one particular way to procede.

It also said that the stupid methods described in the article were only going to be used up until computing power was powerful enough so as to make colour conversions not take very long. I don't know what rig you use, but I have not 'experienced/noticed' a CMS operation in at least 10+years! I honestly cannot even slightly remember when I last noticed a profile conversion taking anything other than 1.6They're talking about the stupid sRGB methods as a way to save time and computer CPU processing but that's from back in pre-2001.

Where did you actually read that this stupid sRGB method was ever put into production and in what OS? I never came across this on any OS update or SP, etc.

But thank you very much for sharing this link. I might not like what I read and I may think the methods are stupid, but I like to think I have an open mind to always trying to learn new things or new ways to complete old tasks, so thanks for that.

Thanks

srgb

Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    Where did you actually read that this stupid sRGB method was ever put into production and in what OS? I never came across this on any OS update or SP, etc.
    during exhibition gentleman from canon proudly announce photoshop export plugin for canon lfp printers ... features 16 bits , adobe rgb output
    when i ask what is problem with printer driver?
    he told me: that they are limited with OS API
    ....and i began to laugh

aaron125
    How do you know he isn't mistaken? I've never heard of this method being implemented and activated in normal retail version of windows. Never used Mac OS so dunno what happens there.

I'm guessing that it almost certainly would have been put where it always should have been anyway, in the garbage, sometime between Vista and Win7 coz they both use the equally strange (but at least not so stupid) WCS along with ICC and in the WCS papers I've read there was no mention of this ridiculous sRGB document profile confirmation conversion applying colour space thingy. WCS even has its very own wierd and crazy names for funny connection spaces and reference medium gamuts.

So pretty sure this crap ain't used anymore. Let me know if this is correct.
    Last edited by aaron125; 09-21-2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    @ aaron
    i'am not developer so i'am not so deep in writing driver.
    i heard that new version of MS OS have new color engine.
    SW developers must rewrite printer drivers to use ( i hope not so buggy) new engine
    it's happen as often as not i was without full features

aaron125
    Really? What do you mean by "as often as not i was without full features"? What features were missing, from what part of the OS? I cannot say that has ever really happened to me. Whenever something is not working exactly as it should, I cannot accept this and as I used to work in IT Server/Networking Engineer/Support, so I immediately start trouble-shooting to fix the problem or reinstall from a perfect clean backup I keep.

What's this new colour engine you speak of? Is that the WCS which is kinda new or are you talking about something completely new being implemented in the upcoming Window 8? I have not taken any notice at all of what's going on with Win8 - please explain.

Thanks
    for example,
    i have two all in one device,
    in new os version network scan is missed out.
    to whom to complain to?
    other one have problem with print when is connected usb port on router
    with 2008r2 server my old RAID controller is not supported.
    i try vmware but new vmware ESXI also doesn't support new raid controller
    i can't can't connect form OS/2 to windows server 2003-2008
    everyday i have some fun

11. Your ad here

aaron125
    Very simple, you blame the party responsible for a) supporting said device but more importantly, b) the party who in the past has always provided drivers or driver updates. Normally that would be the manufacturer.

Who else did you think there could be to accept the blame for not producing drivers for their own hardware which they sell and make profit upon? Only answer there can be is the manufacturer.

But that's what happens when you mess around with old/unsupported hardware. Has to be expected really.

Thanks
    you very briefly explain that every year i must to exchange all hardware at home /in company. i could not agree with you.

to keep this topic clean ,
    i will move (also you can do ) this conversation to appropriate place

aaron125

I never said that and I certainly didn't imply that

silja, please read exactly what I write because that is exactly what I mean. If I was even thinking of a time-frame, I would have mentioned one... you said every year, not me. My Eizo CG242W is now getting to 3 years old, maybe even 4 but it is definitely not out of date, old or unsupported.

So, read slowly and understand what someone writes. I think you just read too fast and try to decide for yourself what a person is actually trying to explain. With me at least, only ever read the words as you will find very little in-between them. As in, you don't have to 'read between the lines' to know what I'm saying. It's right here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2