+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Other than CEDP, any software that supports automatic monitor profiling for Win

Junior Member h817720 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Other than CEDP, any software that supports automatic monitor profiling for Win

Hi,
    Looking for profiling software on Win that can do automatic monitor profiling other than ColorEyes Display. Currently using a i1Display 2 and i1 Match software was supposed to release a version that supports it but not sure if it will ever be release.

Thanks

Junior Member h817720 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    After additional research, it looks like the latest iMatch software for PC supports automatic calibration but only on select monitors, the list is listed below:

Eizo CG 18

Eizo CG 19

Eizo CG 21

Eizo CG 210

Eizo CG 220

Hewlett Packard P1230

IBM P275

LaCie Electron 22b4

LaCie Electron 22b3

LaCie Electron 19b4

LaCie Electron 19b3

NEC LCD2060NX

NEC FP1375NX

NEC FP2141SB

Sony SDM S205F/K

aaron125
    Eizo ColorNavigator versions 5 and 6, NEC SpectraView, Quato iDisplay, BasICColor Display versions 4 and 5, X-Rite i1Profiler, and I'm sure there are a few more I've forgotten.

When you say that you want "automatic monitor profiling" what exactly do you mean by that? Essentially, there is no such thing as "automatic" because every app needs to have some user input, at the very least to configure the profile settings, how often to (re)profile, etc.

And the most important factor by a huge margin is: do you have a screen which is ADC compatible and actually able to be automatically profiled? Because if you do, then the screen would 100% definitely have been supplied with it's own compatible software for profiling and in almost every single instance, the screen manufacturer's profiling app is going to be far more useful and often just better than any 3rd-party profiling app.

Not to mention that manufacturer's own software can usually utilise some sort of 'hidden' or 'secret' hardware LUTs inside the screen, which 3rd-party software either doesn't even use or if it does, only uses it in a rudimentary way.

Speaking from experience, I would never use anything other than Eizo ColorNavigator to profile my Eizo CG242W screen and I have tried just about every profiling app there is - none, not a single app can compare to the Eizo software and none have as complete a feature package as does the Eizo software.

What screen are you using/enquiring about using automatic profiling software with?

+ Reply to Thread