+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Offset printing color problem

Junior Member rcespedido is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Offset printing color problem

may color on my pc doesnt match the color i print. what should i do?

Banned prepmaster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    First of all, what kind of monitor are you using?

Member PanozJani is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Read this: [URL="http://www.heidelberg.com/www/html/en/binaries/files/prinect/expert_guide_color_pdf"]http://www.heidelberg.com/www/html/en/binaries/files/prinect/expert_guide_color_pdf[/URL]

and the other expert guides on the site.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PanozJani For This Useful Post:

Donor dzianis.puhach is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You need to calibrate your monitor and use ICC-profile of printing machine in your graphic software.

Junior Member djshoi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Does your press proof match your press run?

Banned prepmaster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Before anything can be done, it is important to know if the monitor is capable of displaying the true and correct colors. No matter how much you calibrate and what ICC profile you use, if the monitor is incapable then nothing can be done, this is why we need to know what kind of monitor are you using?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to prepmaster For This Useful Post:

Banned dtp4u is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I agree with you on this, but it could get better with calibration don't you think? at least better than what it would have been. Maybe we are not looking for perfection here but just to get close enough to get by maybe a few shades different.

Junior Member huanun is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rcespedido View Post
    First, with a large color gamut and stability of the display, such as the EIZO CG series monitors, monitor calibration and good ICC profile, and then used in PS soft proof settings for print proofing simulation results.

Junior Member jonl8038 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i would recommand you to get EIZO monitor and calibrate with a Xrite eyeone.....perfect match

Junior Member angust is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The CMS will be the solution for you. But Its better to have a softproof certified monitor to have a better match.

13. Your ad here

Junior Member Gunchie is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rcespedido View Post
    first at all, there are any parameters to get perfect printing result :
    1. calibration your monitor and take advise from your printing company.
    2. Do you work with colors chart?
    3. printers company mostly give you soft proof before print running.
    4. your file is correctly in PdF( you can check with preflight for overprint,RGB,etc)
    I hope this little advise to solved your problem.

gunchie

Junior Member TheMacMeKanik is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Color Proofing

Okay this is a difficult subject to handle. Pretty much everything said in previous posts are right. I'd definitely recommend a Trinitron HD if possible although LCDs' and Plasmas' are getting close but industry standard is still the HD Sony tube trinitron. Next I would definitely get a Densitometer if it's for printing purposes PERIOD!. and third the end all and be all for color correction go to (www.colorclarity.net) I have absolutely no monetary gain from this at all.
    Glenn Andrews is his name. And he is one of the very few people certified in the USA that sets the color standards of pantone, toyo, trumatch, ANPA color, etc. etc. He has a revolutionary color scanning system that matches your monitor colors to your print colors. I was just the programmer for the 6 and 8 color Heidelberg PCMCIA color curve card programming. But if you are looking at the future of precise color management and printing. You'll get perfect results without the costs of the Corporate print companies. We were essentially selling them on a faster and more accurate way of color matching and printing at about 1/5 the cost. Hope this helps you out. Best of luck. and take care.
    Best Regards,
    (TheMacMeKanik)

Junior Member dogge is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

calibrate

Hello,
    1 .- Calibrate the screen, just a PC and gamma colorsync mac.
    2 .- Insert a job profile, such as AdobeRGB, or eciRGB (www.eci.org). This is done in photoshop, color adjustment and change those default (sRGB and SWOP output, this change it FOGRA 39.
    3 .- If you have CTP and linearized and then calibrate with a test in the press know how much you gain point and correct it in the RIP output curve Fogra 39
    4 .- prints on an Epson ALTONA SUITE 7800 0 7900 and then print it in the press (Lab applies the values ​​of the inks according to ISO 12647-2)
    5 .- BINGO!

Junior Member TheMacMeKanik is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Printing Basics 101

Ummm #1
    Calculate Gamma to 1.8 = printing max colors Paper can reproduce. Gamma on PC or MAC doesn't matter. otherwise your colors cannot be recreated on paper unless you backlight it!

2# Always go to print in CMYK format.. Yes you are right edit everything in RGB but convert to CMYK before printing.

3# What about Creo, or Trueflow or Kodak or, Kyocera color curves? Direct to plate or now Direct to print on Xeroxes?

You probably know what you're talking about but I don't think it applys across the board. Nothing ever does.

BINGO!

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMeKanik View Post
    I'd definitely recommend a Trinitron HD if possible although LCDs' and Plasmas' are getting close but industry standard is still the HD Sony tube trinitron.
    You HAVE to be joking, right? You're trying to say that this HD Trinitron is the industry standard? From which industry? It is only about a 30-40+ years old technology and has been surpassed many years ago by the hardware calibration high-end proofing screens such as those made by Eizo CG, NEC PA, Quato, etc. It has been proven over and over that the CRT never had anywhere near the colour accuracy of the hardware calibration high-end current LCD screens. The Trinitron, even the Artisan, which was Sony's absolute top of the range colour management screen can't come close to producing the accuracy of current screens with internal 16bit LUT and just for example, some Eizo models can display true 10bit on screen, that's 1024 tones from black to white, not a crappy 256 as CRT is only capable of but even more incredible is the fact that the screen is not just displaying those 1024 shades, it is actually selecting the 1024 best and most accurate shades from a total of up to 4096 shades! Sony has never even heard of this kind of display accuracy and technology. That's why Eizo are the only ones who do it because they design and manufacture their own ASIC chips.

Please do show where you found evidence of this ancient Sony being a current industry standard, or better performance than the LCDs I mentioned? I am very interested to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMeKanik View Post
    Next I would definitely get a Densitometer if it's for printing purposes PERIOD!.
    PERIOD!? Have you never heard of a spectrophotometer? They are able to produce density measurements with zero need for a densitometer. Please explain why one would use a densitometer when a spectro can provide the same measurements and SO much more as well.

You seem to be living in the past somewhat, the technologies you mention are not only out of date and certainly not current, but they are by now several generations old and in the incredibly fast pace of advancement in this field, that might as well be 20 or 30 years out of date.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast