+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: No Color Management option is missing in Photoshop CS5

Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Thanks
    @nemesis
    it's funny what you write.
    after few months read again what you wrote.
    @aaron
    link you mention is for guys with short memories
    printer utility is introduced after customer complains
    before snow leopard everything works fine
    this sw flaw, not sw feature
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

Nemesis
    ^

It seems kids are moderating this forum. At the end of the day you should read everything you write and perhaps after few months you realize how funny you were. Personally I have finished my discussion here since opinions of yours are forced as little kids do.

Banned smilem is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I print my targets using PhotoFiltre a free app that allows to center, fit to page, set 100% print size etc. All very easy to do.

I have compared this to photoshop and see no difference in my profiles, so I print them the easy way.

The free version is 6.2.x and there is also commercial version 8 or so.
    I also noticed that if you open and save your RGB target using PhotoFiltre you will not damage it. Not the case with other "free software" that always changes your colors for some reason.

Hope this helps.

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by smilem View Post
    I print my targets using PhotoFiltre a free app that allows to center, fit to page, set 100% print size etc. All very easy to do.

I have compared this to photoshop and see no difference in my profiles, so I print them the easy way.

The free version is 6.2.x and there is also commercial version 8 or so.
    I also noticed that if you open and save your RGB target using PhotoFiltre you will not damage it. Not the case with other "free software" that always changes your colors for some reason.

Hope this helps.
    If using the method you describe, you are not actually profiling your printer correctly because a profile is absolutely 100% specific to: printer, inks used, software application which performs the printing, options selected, etc.

If any of the steps in the printing path change, the profile is then invalidated. Just because you cannot see any differences, certainly doesn't mean there aren't any, just none that you noticed or saw. Have you somehow checked that each and every pixel is identical between Ps and PhotoFiltre?

example: Do you know if the app you mention blends colours using gamma 1.0 or without using gamma at all?

Junior Member Adri is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

hmm

Hi, I found this thread by looking online for a solution to this problem. I have been at it for days trying to figure out how to print without color management. Suprisingly, I have downloaded the adobe printer utility tool and found that it does not work because when i looked through the entire menu there is no option like this. I am using a Canon Pixma pro mark ii printer. Could that be it? I don't know if there is anything else that can be done. I read the entire thread here, I have no idea how to tweak the color profiles like you guys are talking about. I just don't understand why that adobe printer utility is not giving me the option, when it was made for that.

Junior Member platinidz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Preference rules in the settings color management if goes into edition-> color ................. and you find the parameter you're looking for

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4