+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Need suggestions to accomplish accurate deviclink

  1. #1
    epoch
    Guest

    Need suggestions to accomplish accurate deviclink

    Try to print a newspaper page proof through a digital device.

    ANyone have any suggestions for the best method to accomplish this

  2. #2
    PRC Member Tony14 will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 40 Times in 27 Posts
    I guess you have a good ICC profile of your Digital Device...

    That's being said, you should use an ICC profile such as Newspaper26v4 and use Absolute colorimetric as rendering intent.

    Hope that helps


    Quote Originally Posted by epoch View Post
    Try to print a newspaper page proof through a digital device.

    ANyone have any suggestions for the best method to accomplish this

  3. #3
    Member PanozJani is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
    I made very accurate DL profiles with ArgyllCMS. The question is: how good is your proofer calibration, and whether is your simulation-profile (e.g. Newspaper26v4) accurately characterizing your output media.

  4. #4
    PRC Member Tony14 will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 40 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PanozJani View Post
    I made very accurate DL profiles with ArgyllCMS. The question is: how good is your proofer calibration, and whether is your simulation-profile (e.g. Newspaper26v4) accurately characterizing your output media.

    PanozJani, you suggest to use a CMS either than a software, I am not sure it's accessible for everybody... Moreover, all features offered by softwares like Alwan and GMG are not natively available.

    However, if he wants to create his own profile maker, it would be a good start !

  5. #5
    Member PanozJani is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony14 View Post
    PanozJani, you suggest to use a CMS either than a software, I am not sure it's accessible for everybody... Moreover, all features offered by softwares like Alwan and GMG are not natively available.

    However, if he wants to create his own profile maker, it would be a good start !
    ArgyllCMS is a set of command-line software. One could use Collink to build a good device link profile for free. (http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/collink.html)

    There's too little information on what's his aim, whether to build the DL profile or to use it in a RIP...

  6. #6
    Junior Member quantic is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    i would suggest profile maker to build the device link
    But not sure what you want to do with this according to your questiob

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts