+ Reply to Thread

Thread: monitor profiling with i1Profiler

Donor neon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

monitor profiling with i1Profiler

I've just installed de demo, from X-Rite website, and with my Eye-One meter only the monitor calibration works. I tried that and with Apple monitors (only brightness adjustment) it works very well. If you are not using the L* type gamma i can say that is better than ColorEyes. But the fun stops here if you have a good monitor with gain controls, because i1Profiler does not let you balance the color temperature from your monitor. At least in manual mode.

Anyone tried it with an monitor supported in auto mode?

Junior Member 123illustrator is on a distinguished road 123illustrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    HI ;
    You have only the monitor calibration, because your photometer is the dungle !

I try the soft with i1 pro on 'lacie 321' but the mode auto dont work, there is only few monitors supported by i1 profiler, I appreciate the control mode of the monitor calibration.

I think that i1 profiler is a good sofware !
    but I do not know where is the calibration of the scanner; why i1 profiler don’t like the scan ?

Donor neon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i agree that it is a good software, from what i've read the printing profiles are very good. and with a simpler monitor also good.
    the scanner can be color managed in the scanning software (vuescan or silverfast)

Junior Member wanyue is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

which one is better?

Quote Originally Posted by 123illustrator View Post
    HI ;

I try the soft with i1 pro on 'lacie 321' but the mode auto dont work, there is only few monitors supported by i1 profiler, I appreciate the control mode of the monitor calibration.

but I do not know where is the calibration of the scanner; why i1 profiler don’t like the scan ?
    I1 profiler,profile maker?

Moderator kazanchi has a spectacular aura about kazanchi has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 123illustrator View Post
    HI ;

"because your photometer is the dungle !" - no, it's the dOngle! So, this soft with THIS [cheaper] device<=>dongle don't like scanners!

aaron125
    Also, who even makes scanner profiles these days? It is vary rarely used, so they dumped it. No big loss in most people's opinion.

Junior Member legraph is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Most of us have still a profil maker or a monaco profiler.
    If you make an update to I1 profiler, Xrite just take the dongle number, bu you keep your dongle.
    So your old software will still work and you can make you scanner profile !

Junior Member ek3_mon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

I1 pro

Try getting this from the xrite site. The latest version. 1.1.1.

Yes. your I1 spectrophotometer can be used as your instrument and key (dongle).

Not really sure if its sensitive with versions i.e. REV A, REV D.

HTH

muyisoldier
    your version is called "I1 basic pro",if you want more be surpoted,you can upgrate it to "photo pro" or "pubish pro" version with$$.
    in personal, i1 profiler doesn't runs well in Winxp environment but WIN7.
    what makes me crazy is that my i1 profiler can not recognize I1 meter....

Junior Member Kiwilopo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Yep, i1 pro has flash memory where license information is kept. And can be "upgraded" with a code.

11. Your ad here

Thanks

I1 Display PRO

HTML Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    ^^Try this.

If you buy the current I1. This is the same software CD included.
    Hoping you guys can connect your spectro.

Thanks
    BTW, this can control the flare even with those super bright Mac Led cinema display.

No crts here. Only lcd, led, projector and printer with an add on license.

Member PanozJani is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    I've just installed de demo, from X-Rite website, and with my Eye-One meter only the monitor calibration works. I tried that and with Apple monitors (only brightness adjustment) it works very well. If you are not using the L* type gamma i can say that is better than ColorEyes. But the fun stops here if you have a good monitor with gain controls, because i1Profiler does not let you balance the color temperature from your monitor. At least in manual mode.

Anyone tried it with an monitor supported in auto mode?
    Yes I've. And its working like charm. Oddly, there are some lg and samsung monitors which are adjustable via DDC and there are some Eizos which are not. Anyway best practice is that you set factory defaults for gain controls since modifying gain on LCD is only electronic mambo-jumbo (by lowering gain you want get weaker electron beam like it was on CRTs).
    [URL="http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/monitorcontrols.html"]http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/monitorcontrols.html[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.spectracal.com/downloads/files/Website/15%20Order-of-operations.pdf"]http://www.spectracal.com/downloads/files/Website/15%20Order-of-operations.pdf[/URL]

Banned Gm70 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wanyue View Post
    I1 profiler,profile maker?
    Profilemaker was the old software and i1 profiler is the current version. The is an upgrade path from PM to i1Profiler.

+ Reply to Thread