+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: icc profiler software

Junior Member cmyk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phongshader View Post
    I just picked up a DTP41B off ebay, should have it here in a couple of days. Can you tell me what the difference between a DTP41 and a DTP41B is?
    Thanks again for the help.
    Sure. The DTP41B is a "Series II" DTP41, which has USB as well as serial connectability. I've only used the older serial DTP41s, the DTP41B should be easier to setup with your computer via USB.

I found a good web page comparing many spectrophotometers [URL="http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/instruments.html"]here[/URL]

Junior Member phongshader is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the help...more help needed
    How would I set up a paper profile in ProfileMaker 5? I got a dtp41, printed a test chart, measured it, created an icc profile in ProfileMaker 5, loaded it into Harlequin rip 8 and printed a photo. The new profile seems to be the correct or very close to what I think is the correct colors should be but the printer is using wayyy too much ink. There are big drips on the print. I think this is because I don't have the correct paper profile which gets me back to the 1st question...
    In Harleqin I can print with ProofReady profile for the 9500 and the printout looks good but has a color shift. When I print with no profile or with the profile created with ProfileMaker 5 too much ink is put down.

Junior Member cmyk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Good to hear you are printing better colors since you picked-up a DTP41 and made a custom profile.

Haven't used the Harlequin Rip. Is that rip made for inkjet printers, which the Epson 9500 is? Anyway, sounds like you need to limit the total ink for your your media. This setting is commonly found in rips made for large format inkjets. Somewhere in the rip you set the total ink limit to some number from 200 to 310% depending on how much ink your paper absorbs.

Donor Meatfish is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but it's worth noting in case anyone else comes across this thread and is considering a profiling solution. You can get an i1 Pro with modules for monitor, printer and scanner at least on ebay for around 250 euros and this is a massive saving on an expensive bit of gear and will give you very good results -if you need more later you can upgrade the software but I've been having good results combining it with Measuretool and Bill Atkinson's patch targets

try use Wasatch Softrip, u can addjust the ink limit, if u use dye ink with high color gamut, i thin u can set on 75% on ink limit, because i ever setting on hp 5500 with good result

Junior Member toughthrone is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    icc profiler of gretag works just fine for us.

Quote Originally Posted by toughthrone View Post
    icc profiler of gretag works just fine for us.
    Yeaa... gretag and monaco is most good software for create ICC profile, but monaco is expensive

tisoypinoy
    monaco is the easiest to use I think and will yield good results but not as good as i1profiler or profilemaker

IuriBernardi
    I'm a total noob and not a pro. I just bought a used epson stylus pro 9500 and want to print fine art /photographs. After running some prints through I can see the color is shifted. I'm not using epson inks. After searching around I found SilverFast ICC which looked like a good solution, don't need any equipment other than a scanner and a printer.
    Are there other icc profilersthat don't require any special equipment for a beginner/ amateur?
    For ANY spectrophotometer you can put a color checker on scanner and adjust the image/create a ICC profile by photoshop.

IuriBernardi
    Quote Originally Posted by luck666 View Post
    How to download "monaco" software? it's a free or need to pay?
    Monaco is very old software. You can downoal for free I1PROFILER from XRITE site, acquire a Color Chart and send to me the file: i can create for you, obviously for free, the profile to check the software.

11. Your ad here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IuriBernardi For This Useful Post:

Junior Member mrdee999 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    with this kind of printer you better rethink your status as amateur and there is nothing brainer about buying a device and soft that let you get maximum from your pro printer especially if you don't use genuine inks

Junior Member quantic is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Yeah the price was right, the replacement ink cost almost as much as the printer, if I had bought Epson ink it would have 2x the cost of the printer.
    Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. What do you think about this
    http://light-flare.com/profiles/
    Does this look like a legit way to create profiles? Is the cost inline with the service?
    you can go for this kind of service if you olan to use only a few number of paper
    otherwise a solution like colormunki is the best
    then just leran how to print colormanaged through photoshop it's easy and there are plenty of tutorial out there
    you will get the result you want
    colormanagement has become really affordable / easy now
    good luck with you printer

Junior Member Wratten is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    for the starter, Dispcalgui is suitable for people with zero experience in terms of display calibration. also the software is free with no charge at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2