+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: i1Pro 2

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Post i1Pro 2

Today the X-Rite i1Pro 2 will be officially presented.
    Here is the information that was leaked to the internet before the presentation.

Measurement Illumination Conditions
    • M0 (ISO 13655-2009) Tungsten (NoFilter)*
    • M1 (ISO 13655-2009) D50
    • M2 (ISO 13655-2009) UV excluded (UVcut)*
    Single hand-held device accommodates multiple measurement conditions meeting current and emerging ISO standards for imaging workflows.

* - choice of fixed No Filter or UV Filter, but not interchangeable

OBC X-Rite Optical Brightener Compensation Technology

Reflectance Measurement

Minimal patch size for scan and spot measurements
    • 7 mm
    • 4.5 mm **
    • 10 mm
    • 4.5 mm **
    Smaller patch sizes when scanning2 allows for more patches per chart, use of smaller process control wedges and more data points per sheet, resulting in higher profile accuracy, faster measurements and savings on consumables.

** - smaller patches can only be used with the new aluminum ruler
    Filterless dual scan measurement technology
    This technology enables the ability to provide multiple measurement conditions through the combination of the device’s two light sources (tungsten and UV LED).
    Patch detection based on color differences between patches
    Enables more robust scanning, even on critical substrates or low resolution prints, removing virtually all user errors, requiring less operator skills. This technology also enables the ability to measure M1 and M2 conditions, as well as Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) measurements.
    Positioning detection sensor

Full floating guide rail for optimized sample to instrument distance
    Maintaining an equal measurement distance from substrate to instrument nose provides more accurate measurements – especially on uneven substrates like corrugated board.
    Aluminum ruler with improved solvent ink resistance
    Provides increased ability to color control and color manage solvent ink printers.
    Scanning measurement speed (Hz)
    • 200 New
    • 200 Rev B-D
    • 100 Rev A
    Higher scanning measurement speed allows for use of smaller patches and
    more data points per patch, resulting in higher profile accuracy and faster
    measurements.
    Emissive Measurement

Measurement range on typical LCD display (cd/m²)
    • 0.2 - 1200
    Supports LCD displays with high luminance backlight technology.
    Sensor with enhanced temperature drift compensation
    Best possible performance in display and projector profiling – avoid drift due to temperature change of the device during longer display measurement cycles.
    Adaptive integration time based on patch luminance***
    Reduces noise to attain better accuracy for measurements on dark patches.

*** - supported by i1Profiler v1.3 or later and applications using latest SDK
    Accuracy and Reliability

XRGA compatible for best inter-model-agreement
    XRGA (X-Rite Graphic Arts) is a device standard that removes discrepancies across different measurement technologies and creates efficiencies in color measurement and communication procedures.
    Built-in wavelength calibration technology (self-check and correction)
    Instrument can automatically self diagnose and correct for small shifts as well as identify recalibration needs.
    White calibration tile protection
    Larger white tile area ensures measurement accuracy and makes cleaning very easy; protective cover minimizes dust and dirt interference.
    Cleanable optics protection glass
    Removable optics protection glass makes it easy for user to clean, minimizing dust and dirt interference.
    Status LED displays instrument calibration / service status
    Visual indicators indicate calibration and service status of the device.
    Power-check for USB port
    The power from the USB port is monitored to ensure that adequate power is delivered from computer USB port to your i1 device, so you can be confident your device is functioning properly.
    Usability and Accessories

Extruded aluminum frame with mechanical interface for accessories
    Improved temperature stability – the aluminum frame works as heat sink providing best possible performance in display and projector profiling and adds stable
    connection between instrument and accessories.
    User Guidance with status LED
    Visual indicators guides the user through the measurement process and indicates status of the device.
    Compatibility mode to work with software developed for original i1Pro
    Confidently use your i1Pro 2 device in compatibility mode for M0 with any software that supports the original first generation i1Pro spectrophotometer, offering same functions you previously had access to.

Hardware specification of i1Pro 2 is in the next message!

PDFs:
    [URL="http://www.grafisk-handel.dk/images/L7-519_i1_Family_2012_EN_sm.pdf"]X-Rite i1 Family 2012 PDF File[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.grafisk-handel.dk/images/L7-496_ProductComparison_EN_012412.pdf"]X-Rite Product Comparison PDF File[/URL]
    Last edited by ColorWizard; 04-11-2012 at 03:18 AM. Reason: added 2 links
    Cheers,
    CW

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks

i1Pro 2 Hardware Specifications

SPECTRAL ENGINE

i1® technology with built-in wavelengths check

Spectral analyzer: Holographic diffraction grating with 128-pixel diode array
    Spectral Range: 380 - 730 nm

Physical sampling interval: 3.5 nm
    Optical resolution: 10 nm
    Spectral reporting: 380 ... 730 nm in 10 nm steps

Measurement Frequency in scanning mode: 200 measurements per second

OPTICS

Measurement geometry: 45°/0° ring illumination optics, ISO 13655:2009
    Measurement aperture: 4.5 mm (0.18”) diameter (effective measurement aperture during scanning is depending on the patch size and measurement speed)
    Illumination Spot Size: 3.5 mm (0.14”)

Light source: Gas filled tungsten (illuminant type A) and UV LED

REFLECTANCE MEASUREMENT

Data Format: Spectral Reflectance [dimensionless]
    Measurement Conditions:
    • UV included - ISO 13655:2009 measurement condition M0
    • D50 - ISO 13655:2009 measurement condition M1
    • UV excluded Filter - ISO 13655:2009 measurement condition M2
    OBC: Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) with i1Profiler software

Calibration: Manual on external ceramic white reference

Measurement Background: white, ISO 13655:2009; for measurements on backup board

Minimal Media Thickness: 3 mm (0.12”) on backup board

Minimal Patch Size in Scanning Mode: 7 x 10 mm (0.28” x 0.39”) (Width x Height) with sensor ruler 10 x 10 mm (0.39” x 0.39”) (Width x Height) without sensor ruler

Inter-instrument agreement: 0.4 ∆E94* average, 1.0 ∆E94* max. (deviation from X-Rite manufacturing standard at a temperature of 23ºC (73.4ºF) on 12 BCRA tiles (D50, 2º))
    Short-term repeatability: 0.1 ∆E94* on white (D50,2°, mean of 10 measurements every 3 seconds on white)

EMISSIVE MEASUREMENT

Data format: Spectral radiance (mW/nm/m² /sr); Luminance Y (cd/m²)
    Measurement range: 0.2 - 1200 cd/m² on a typical LCD-Monitor
    Short-term repeatability: x,y: +/- 0.002 typical (5000°K, 80 cd/m²)

AMBIENT LIGHT MEASUREMENT

Data Format: spectral irradiance [mW/nm/m²], illuminance [lux]

Type: Cosine-corrected diffuse light measurement head

INTERFACE, DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT

Interface: USB 1.1

Power supply: Device powered by USB. No additional charger or battery required. USB 1.1 high power device.

Physical dimensions
    • i1Pro device: Length 155 mm, width 66 mm, height 67 mm (6.1” x 2.6” x 2.6”)
    • i1 Ruler: Length 337 mm , width 102 mm (13.3” x 4.0”)
    • i1 Backup Board: 355 mm x 265 mm (14.0” x 10.4”) folded or 355 mm x 400 mm (14.0” x 15.7”) unfolded

Weight i1Pro device: 245 g (8.6 oz)
    Cheers,
    CW

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

PRC Member moutonnoir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    particularly cool: the UV\non-uv distinction is gone!!
    PrintRoot is sweet

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moutonnoir View Post
    Finally, the industry has come to a consensus!

IMHO using the UV filters has been a half-measures!
    Cheers,
    CW

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by moutonnoir View Post
    No it's not, it says that it's one or the other, UVcut or No UVcut, but not both. Sorry bro, it's still there.

But that whole new system sure does look nice and purdy. And I like the fact they finally lowered the official minimum patch size and made the hand-scanning faster and more accurate.

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    Finally, the industry has come to a consensus!
    Unfortunately they still haven't, see my previous post. Also, X-Rite may be big, but they ain't the entire industry. HAHAHA That's taking things a little far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    IMHO using the UV filters has been a half-measures!
    Definitely agree with that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    Also, X-Rite may be big, but they ain't the entire industry. HAHAHA That's taking things a little far.
    Yes, I didn't mean X-Rite is the entire industry ... I meant to say that within the working groups that prepared the standards (ISO 13655 & ISO 3664), consensus was reached at last! Without these changes, we would still have had to be content with half-measures.
    Since the working groups on development/changing of standards represent the interests of the entire industry, we can say that the entire industry finally reached the consensus.
    That is really good news! This is a big step and a very long awaited step to solve the problem rather than using half measures.

It's my 5 cents!
    Cheers,
    CW

aaron125

What consensus?

Very curious as to what you mean by the industry has come to a consensus? The 2 standards you mention are dealing with reasonably different things.

ISO 3664:2009 is only concerned with viewing light illumination and the updated version of the standard has increased the amount of UV in the illuminating light's SPD by quite a large amount. This means that FWA containing papers will flouresce even more now.

ISO 13655:2009 is only concerned with measurement conditions for spectrophotometers in the printing industry. There are 4 conditions, as listed in your original post with the excellent description of the new i1Pro2 system.

I just fail to understand what you mean by consensus? The 2 standards really have nothing to do with each other and we still have the problem of how to measure FWA papers, with UVcut, with UVincluded and do it in software, do both measurements and again compensate in software, etc. So where's the consensus exactly? Or am I missing the point of what you're trying to say? Just curious about your comment is all.

Donor abeer is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Anyone know price ?

Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Thanks
    M0, M1 and M2: three measurement conditions in one device – no need to change physical filters or have a second instrument:

• ISO 13655 measurement condition M0: tungsten / No Filter (compatible to existing i1Pro)
    • ISO 13655 measurement condition M1: D50 (calculated from 2 measurements) (NEW)
    • ISO 13655 measurement condition M2: UVcut (calculated from 2 measurements)
    (NEW in one device with M0 )

price?
    i1Basic Pro 2, srp around 1100 E
    i1Publish Pro 2 srp around 1900 E
    Last edited by super silja; 04-12-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

13. Your ad here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to super silja For This Useful Post:

Junior Member aerol is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Xrite webinar

You can watch this [URL="http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=317&utm_source=MoneyTree+R egistrants+-+Xrite&utm_campaign=62fea2e97e-&utm_medium=email#ooid=tvZW9yMzoxjAVW30jlgegXKFjH2 blMV8"]webinar[/URL] about New Measurement Standards – How Will You Be Impacted?

There is a whitepaper too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aerol For This Useful Post:

PRC Member moutonnoir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    M0, M1 and M2: three measurement conditions in one device – no need to change physical filters or have a second instrument:

• ISO 13655 measurement condition M0: tungsten / No Filter (compatible to existing i1Pro)
    • ISO 13655 measurement condition M1: D50 (calculated from 2 measurements) (NEW)
    • ISO 13655 measurement condition M2: UVcut (calculated from 2 measurements)
    (NEW in one device with M0 )

price?
    i1Basic Pro 2, srp around 1100 E
    i1Publish Pro 2 srp around 1900 E

That is what i read also - so - is there now two versions, or basiclaly there is one version with multiple built in light sources, thereby making the whole filter vs no filter discussion old-news?
    PrintRoot is sweet

aaron125
    Yep, turns out it does indeed have 2 different light sources, a UV included LED and the older style tungten bulb.

But I don't think that's the end of the FWA problems because there are still many competing theories and ways about how to best go about performing the compensation, primarily, either in software or hardware and then if in software, pretty much just the Isis and now i1p2 can do 2 sets of measurements, UVincluded and UVcut and the software somehow interpolates between both sets of measurements.

But damn!! This thing sure ain't cheap!!

Donor dakidb is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Do you know if you can do sublimation profiles with this baby? and what is the thickness of material that it can handle?

aaron125
    What exactly do you mean by a 'sublimation profile'? As long as you can read the patches into the i1/software, you can make a profile for any material or substrate you can print on, really doesn't matter what the ink or substrate are made from, just as long as the device can physically read the patches.

As for the maximum thickness, well again, there is no max because as long as you can read the patches with the i1, it will be able to do it's job properly. It wouldn't matter if you're scanning patches from a piece of newsprint or even tissue paper or if you were scanning patches from bricks or tiles or wood slabs. I'm giving some rather extreme examples, but my point is that the device is extremely versatile and all it really depends on in the end, is whether or not the individual colour patches from the profile target can be read by the i1 device and sent to the computer to be processed by whatever software you choose.

Hope that helps, if not, please explain in better detail exactly what it is you're trying to do and we'll go from there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast