Today the X-Rite i1Pro 2 will be officially presented.
Here is the information that was leaked to the internet before the presentation.
Measurement Illumination Conditions
- M0 (ISO 13655-2009) Tungsten (NoFilter)*
- M1 (ISO 13655-2009) D50
- M2 (ISO 13655-2009) UV excluded (UVcut)*Single hand-held device accommodates multiple measurement conditions meeting current and emerging ISO standards for imaging workflows.
* - choice of fixed No Filter or UV Filter, but not interchangeable
OBC X-Rite Optical Brightener Compensation Technology
Minimal patch size for scan and spot measurements
- 7 mm
- 4.5 mm **
- 10 mm
- 4.5 mm **Smaller patch sizes when scanning2 allows for more patches per chart, use of smaller process control wedges and more data points per sheet, resulting in higher profile accuracy, faster measurements and savings on consumables.Filterless dual scan measurement technology
** - smaller patches can only be used with the new aluminum rulerThis technology enables the ability to provide multiple measurement conditions through the combination of the deviceâ€™s two light sources (tungsten and UV LED).Patch detection based on color differences between patchesEnables more robust scanning, even on critical substrates or low resolution prints, removing virtually all user errors, requiring less operator skills. This technology also enables the ability to measure M1 and M2 conditions, as well as Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) measurements.Positioning detection sensor
Full floating guide rail for optimized sample to instrument distanceMaintaining an equal measurement distance from substrate to instrument nose provides more accurate measurements â€“ especially on uneven substrates like corrugated board.Aluminum ruler with improved solvent ink resistanceProvides increased ability to color control and color manage solvent ink printers.Scanning measurement speed (Hz)
- 200 New
- 200 Rev B-D
- 100 Rev AHigher scanning measurement speed allows for use of smaller patches and
more data points per patch, resulting in higher profile accuracy and faster
Measurement range on typical LCD display (cd/mÂ²)
- 0.2 - 1200Supports LCD displays with high luminance backlight technology.Sensor with enhanced temperature drift compensationBest possible performance in display and projector profiling â€“ avoid drift due to temperature change of the device during longer display measurement cycles.Adaptive integration time based on patch luminance***Reduces noise to attain better accuracy for measurements on dark patches.
*** - supported by i1Profiler v1.3 or later and applications using latest SDK
Accuracy and Reliability
XRGA compatible for best inter-model-agreementXRGA (X-Rite Graphic Arts) is a device standard that removes discrepancies across different measurement technologies and creates efficiencies in color measurement and communication procedures.Built-in wavelength calibration technology (self-check and correction)Instrument can automatically self diagnose and correct for small shifts as well as identify recalibration needs.White calibration tile protectionLarger white tile area ensures measurement accuracy and makes cleaning very easy; protective cover minimizes dust and dirt interference.Cleanable optics protection glassRemovable optics protection glass makes it easy for user to clean, minimizing dust and dirt interference.Status LED displays instrument calibration / service statusVisual indicators indicate calibration and service status of the device.Power-check for USB portThe power from the USB port is monitored to ensure that adequate power is delivered from computer USB port to your i1 device, so you can be confident your device is functioning properly.Usability and Accessories
Extruded aluminum frame with mechanical interface for accessoriesImproved temperature stability â€“ the aluminum frame works as heat sink providing best possible performance in display and projector profiling and adds stableUser Guidance with status LED
connection between instrument and accessories.Visual indicators guides the user through the measurement process and indicates status of the device.Compatibility mode to work with software developed for original i1ProConfidently use your i1Pro 2 device in compatibility mode for M0 with any software that supports the original first generation i1Pro spectrophotometer, offering same functions you previously had access to.
Hardware specification of i1Pro 2 is in the next message!
PDFs:[URL="http://www.grafisk-handel.dk/images/L7-519_i1_Family_2012_EN_sm.pdf"]X-Rite i1 Family 2012 PDF File[/URL]
[URL="http://www.grafisk-handel.dk/images/L7-496_ProductComparison_EN_012412.pdf"]X-Rite Product Comparison PDF File[/URL]