+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i1 iO table problem

Donor Scanman2012 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

i1 iO table problem

Hello members. I hope soneone will have a solution. The static mat on my iO table doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have a similar problem or a solution?

EBewiz
    When you press the button, what color is the led light?

Junior Member Ray Vega is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

XRITE repair policies and the MONOPOLY

Xrite as many of us know has become a monstrous monopoly, and squeezes customers with high flat rate repair fees. This is especially frustrating when machines (sorry Gretag) that are built like children's toys (The i1IO) break after very little use. The solution I've found is to repair these devices yourself if you're handy and comfortable with electronics. The alternative is to support Xrite's extortionist strategy against its customers on service and training. But, if you cannot repair it, send it back for repair with a letter letting them know that they are losing allegiance in the market, and that customers like you are contacting their competition in other countries to let them know there is a new market opportunity growing for them as more and more people stop drinking the cool aid.
    Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray Vega For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Ray Vega is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Repair

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned when I recommended considering self repairs that I haven't dealt with the static issue, so I wouldn't know how to advise on that. However, there are (5) torque screws (just looked - this is the first version i1 IO) underneath the unit's table which look like they would remove the cover to the compartment housing the electronics which drive the static creation. I would look in here and see if anything looks cooked. It's doubtful it's mechanical wear at wire connections, but maybe. Another important consideration is the wall wart power supply - power supplies go frequently in machines for a variety of reasons (they're often doing the most "work"). If the voltage falls below the threshold required or becomes an unstable signal, then certain components within a system may fail.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray Vega For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread