+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I found an interesting book on Digital Color Management.

Junior Member Dazzlemm is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

I found an interesting book on Digital Color Management.

I found an interesting book on 'Digital Color Management Principles and Strategies for the Standardized Print Production' on internet which you may interested too.

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    This book describes color management for the print production with a focus on implementing standards for separation, soft proof, contract proof, data delivery and printing. The basics and strategies are targeted at setting up vendor-independent color management workflows which can easily be realized with leading applications from e.g. Adobe, AGFA, GMG, Heidelberg, Kodak and X-Rite. The author explains with a unique graphical concept how different standards such as ISO 12647, SWOP, GRACoL, G7, ICC profile format and PDF/X fit together. He describes the main points for setting up color management and quality control from the print buyer over photography, agency and pre-press to the printer. The book has a strong focus on communication between print buyer, photographer, agency, pre-press and printers. Based on the best practice in communication it explains the important steps for quality control for digital data, contract proofs and prints.
    Last edited by super silja; 10-03-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Junior Member michel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

problem

the problem is that the clients will not bother reading any thing remotely technical.
    so you can Do and Talk BUT...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to michel For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Desp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Interestingly, only translate into my native language is very difficult

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Desp For This Useful Post:

Donor leo68 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Someone can compare this to "Real World Color Management"?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leo68 For This Useful Post:

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by leo68 View Post
    Someone can compare this to "Real World Color Management"?
    I can, I've read both cover to cover several times. RWCM is much much older book, doesn't have anything concerning GRACoL, G7 or anything 'reasonably new' like that. But what RWCM does have is much more detail concerning how printers work, why one would want to have fewer patches or more patches in a profile target, in depth break-down of profile tags & internal components of a profile, etc. & a much more broad range of topics are covered in RWCM.

But just from the titles of the two books, one can see they really are concerned with vastly different aspects of profile technology & creation. Obviously, with "Strategies for the Standardized Print Production" in the title, one can tell this book is not going to be about scanner or monitor profiles, etc. It is quite specific in it's range of topics covered but everything in the book is accurate when written & still accurate today. And the author explains various ideas & hardware & other subjects quite well.

Read both this book & RWCM as they aren't covering the same ground & both can contribute very well to expanding one's understanding of ICC colour management.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Gunchie is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    I can, I've read both cover to cover several times. RWCM is much much older book, doesn't have anything concerning GRACoL, G7 or anything 'reasonably new' like that. But what RWCM does have is much more detail concerning how printers work, why one would want to have fewer patches or more patches in a profile target, in depth break-down of profile tags & internal components of a profile, etc. & a much more broad range of topics are covered in RWCM.

But just from the titles of the two books, one can see they really are concerned with vastly different aspects of profile technology & creation. Obviously, with "Strategies for the Standardized Print Production" in the title, one can tell this book is not going to be about scanner or monitor profiles, etc. It is quite specific in it's range of topics covered but everything in the book is accurate when written & still accurate today. And the author explains various ideas & hardware & other subjects quite well.

Read both this book & RWCM as they aren't covering the same ground & both can contribute very well to expanding one's understanding of ICC colour management.
    thanks for the detailed explanation.

Banned smilem is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thank you for sharing such a wonderful book :) I like how it explains

No ICC Parameters for the Proof of RGB Data
    Simple Workflow with CMYK Data
    Papers with Optical Brighteners in the Profile Chain

And other things that were missing or not explained easily in real world color management 2nd edition. I recommend this book for anyone building ICC profiles.

Junior Member subnurbs is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    the problem is that the clients will not bother reading any thing remotely technical.
    so you can Do and Talk BUT...
    Even if you talk your way out, you will not change their thinking that all screens shows the same colors...

Junior Member vyktors is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Just took a look, this is great book, many things in one place, explains variuos aspects like pdf/x-3 and pdf/x-1a differences. Must have for prepress men.

V.

Junior Member Kiwilopo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    After you register (free), there is plenty of books at http://library.nu/search?q=color%20management

15. Your ad here

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiwilopo For This Useful Post:

Bob12345
    Great post!

I too have read Real World Color Management 2nd Edition, over and over again, cover to cover. At first glance this looks so good I might just have to go and get the wood pulp version (still can't beat real pages in your hands, IMHO).

Thanks!

Junior Member Kaplis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    hope this is as simple as charts in kindergarden.
    its quite hard to technicaly explain need for colour management for blondes working in Corel.

Junior Member toughthrone is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    this is good in theory, but it is expensive to execute. moreso, you need to align all people to follow the system!

aaron125
    Everything is good in theory, isn't it? What you mention is the same for most any process regarding colour management. This book is still quite informative concerning many aspects of profiling in general and printer/press profiling specifically. It could also be used for one's own purposes, to get a better match or try to create more accurate profiles. That's what I use it for.

Donor Tom01 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Second is: Professional Color Management, Fraser, Bunting, Murphy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast