+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HP Indigo 7500 Color Management

Junior Member adobestudios is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

HP Indigo 7500 Color Management

Hi all,

Got a quick question about the color management in the Hp Production pro server.

We got absolutely no color management software at all. (I know.... But it's not up to me....)

What are the settings do you use in the color management software screen.

Do you tick the render intention (CMYK > Relative ; RGB > Perceptual) ?

Keep pure K in CMYK output ?

Black point compensation ?

Are you using the default GreyLinkGlossExp05Only.icc ?

Input profile ?

Cheers,

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    As soon as you are going to use colormanagement, you must to specify which color rendering intent to use.
    In our typical scenarios for CMYK-CMYK transformation we use Relative RI + BPC, while for RGB-CMYK transformation - Perceptual RI.

To avoid possible missregistration, yes, it's advisable to activate option keep pure black (for text only).

To use or not to use source profile (read, colormanagement) in your workflow will depend on some factors. In our workflow we do use source profiles (including embedded ones) to make color accurate transformation to output profile (we do not use preinstalled output profiles).

But I'm think, it's quite possible to get pleasurable results using preinstalled output profile with calibration to the corresponded LUT values.
    Cheers,
    CW

PRC Member odda will become famous soon enough odda's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adobestudios View Post
    Hi all,

Got a quick question about the color management in the Hp Production pro server.

We got absolutely no color management software at all. (I know.... But it's not up to me....)

What are the settings do you use in the color management software screen.

Do you tick the render intention (CMYK > Relative ; RGB > Perceptual) ?

Keep pure K in CMYK output ?

Black point compensation ?

Are you using the default GreyLinkGlossExp05Only.icc ?

Input profile ?

Cheers,
    Hi,
    I've never used an Indigo, but your questions do touch on some basic color management principles, so I'll answer in that manner...
    CMYK-CMYK; typically, Relative Colorimetric Intent with black point compensation enabled. However; a device link profile in this type of transform is preferred, and yes, one would typically want to keep pure K from the source, to the destination.
    RGB-CMYK; typically, Perceptual Intent (HOWEVER, if you have the time to evaluate the differences between Perceptual and RelCol with Blk Pt compensation, you may find the latter as the most pleasing transform in many instances. Perceptual is the safe bet for batch processing though.)
    We ALWAYS honor embedded source profiles; we assume that the provider knows what he/she is doing...our bad.

+ Reply to Thread