+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HP Designjet 130 Postscript RIP

Donor bortbox is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

HP Designjet 130 Postscript RIP

Hello peoples!

Here is a nice little program for one of the most underrated and trash-talked wide format printers on the market - The HP Deisgnjet 130.

It isn't a bad machine, it really isn't; it just doesn't come with everything one would need to get the most out of it. In fact, I have been able to exceed the gamut of the Z2100 and Z6100 machines on most stocks with this little 24" workhorse. Don't get me wrong, you will pry my Agfa and Z3200 machines from my cold dead hands, but I can still get decent proofs for the Indigo 5500s from this guy.

Most of the higher-end software I use with this machine is already posted elsewhere, so I don't have too much to contribute outside of this: The HP Software RIP for the Designjet 130. It adds true postscript and CMKY support for the machine, and allows for work-group management. It isn't offered any longer, which is a shame as it provides functionality that should have come with the printer from the get-go.

I hope someone gets some use out of it as I sure have.

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by PrePress_Man; 10-18-2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: add [CODE] to link

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bortbox For This Useful Post:

Donor sumilux is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Designjet 100 rip

Quote Originally Posted by bortbox View Post
    Hello peoples!

Here is a nice little program for one of the most underrated and trash-talked wide format printers on the market - The HP Deisgnjet 130.

It isn't a bad machine, it really isn't; it just doesn't come with everything one would need to get the most out of it. In fact, I have been able to exceed the gamut of the Z2100 and Z6100 machines on most stocks with this little 24" workhorse. Don't get me wrong, you will pry my Agfa and Z3200 machines from my cold dead hands, but I can still get decent proofs for the Indigo 5500s from this guy.

Most of the higher-end software I use with this machine is already posted elsewhere, so I don't have too much to contribute outside of this: The HP Software RIP for the Designjet 130. It adds true postscript and CMKY support for the machine, and allows for work-group management. It isn't offered any longer, which is a shame as it provides functionality that should have come with the printer from the get-go.

I hope someone gets some use out of it as I sure have.

[URL="http://hotfile.com/dl/132366021/c669964/HP_DesignJet_130_Software_RIP.rar.html"]http://hotfile.com/dl/132366021/c669964/HP_DesignJet_130_Software_RIP.rar.html[/URL]
    Enjoy!
    Thanks for this, it may help.

I have the straight 4 colour Designjet 100. Pretty basic but adequate for a series of mural size print experiments that I'm about to embark on.

The 4 colours of my DJ100 will do me just fine but I'm completely new to this business of rips.

Could you offer any advice on what is the best software for producing mural size prints with the designjet 100 (I'm guessing its supported where the 130 is too?) onto A1 wide roll which is then hung in strips like wall paper.

Onyx production shop looks promising but could anyone here offer advice on what else to look at?

The actual printing needn't be super hi rez, 4 colour 1200 dpi is adequate. What I need specifically is to work out which software allows great control of print margins and scaling so that accurate prints which can be aligned in perfect registration are produced.

Can anyone here offer advice and or thoughts to someone completely new to large scale printing and rips.

I use PC but also a late model Mac G5 tower at my disposal which should make a perfect RIP. Can anyone suggest the best software on the mac that will also run on G5?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by sumilux; 10-16-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sumilux View Post
    Thanks for this, it may help.

I have the straight 4 colour Designjet 100. Pretty basic but adequate for a series of mural size print experiments that I'm about to embark on.

The 4 colours of my DJ100 will do me just fine but I'm completely new to this business of rips.

Could you offer any advice on what is the best software for producing mural size prints with the designjet 100 (I'm guessing its supported where the 130 is too?) onto A1 wide roll which is then hung in strips like wall paper.

Onyx production shop looks promising but could anyone here offer advice on what else to look at?

The actual printing needn't be super hi rez, 4 colour 1200 dpi is adequate. What I need specifically is to work out which software allows great control of print margins and scaling so that accurate prints which can be aligned in perfect registration are produced.

Can anyone here offer advice and or thoughts to someone completely new to large scale printing and rips.

I use PC but also a late model Mac G5 tower at my disposal which should make a perfect RIP. Can anyone suggest the best software on the mac that will also run on G5?

Many thanks.
    Well, the thing is that the 100 and 110 aren't really art / photo printers. HP made these units for plotting applications. Most people that have written positive reviews of this machine use it for landscaping plans, sewing patters, building diagrams etc.

As far as I am aware, there isn't any 3rd party RIP applications for this machine, so the maximum size would be 64" as defined by the driver (5 feet or so).

This unit also uses mixed dye/pigment inksets. The CMY use pigment, the black dye (could be the reverse). This leads to a very limited number of stocks that can be used.

If I find anything different, I will let you know, however most external RIPs have very complex color management systems, and since the gamut is so narrow on the 100, and the RIPs cost 10x the machine itself, support is slim.

Donor sumilux is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thanks for the informative response.

Should I instead focus on finding a simple poster printing application that uses the DJ 100's native driver?

I agree a photo printer its not but I'd like to experiment with CMYK halftones. The gamut isn't particularly important either.

Onyx production house apparently supports the DJ 130 with an option to print 4 colour only. I wonder if it would drive the DJ 100 in 4 colour mode. Probably a long shot but worth putting out there.

I'm an artist on a super tight budget. What other printers would you suggest for low cost but great compatibility and running cost. It needn't be super fast

My key thing right now is to produce half tones with the flexibility of a RIP, I guess I'd use the inkjet as a 4 colour proofer?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sumilux View Post
    Thanks for the informative response.

Should I instead focus on finding a simple poster printing application that uses the DJ 100's native driver?

I agree a photo printer its not but I'd like to experiment with CMYK halftones. The gamut isn't particularly important either.

Onyx production house apparently supports the DJ 130 with an option to print 4 colour only. I wonder if it would drive the DJ 100 in 4 colour mode. Probably a long shot but worth putting out there.

I'm an artist on a super tight budget. What other printers would you suggest for low cost but great compatibility and running cost. It needn't be super fast

My key thing right now is to produce half tones with the flexibility of a RIP, I guess I'd use the inkjet as a 4 colour proofer?

Thanks for your help.
    Well, no, the RIP bypasses the driver in most cases, and needs very specific machine information. Unless the program specifically mentions that it supports your printer, then it generally won't work. Most companies won't put in the time needed to code for a printer if they feel there isn't a market for it. Since price is your motivating factor, that usually means you are out of luck as EFI etc. are looking for people with deep pockets.

If you are looking for something to tile prints, or to do layout (multi-up, N up, etc) I would suggest Q image, or Acrobat with the quite imposing plugins.

If someone could help me figure out how to properly post links (so they are available to members w/ donations or 20 posts etc.) then I will gladly put QImage up.

Otherwise, the quite imposing plugin for Acrobat should be pretty easy to get.

Either way, you are limited to 64 inch length on that printer.

Donor donhan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader.

can someone re-upload this? thank you

kovacsbela
    This got removed...can anyone share it please? Does it work with Win 7 64bit? I guess no, but worth asking...

niko
    link dead...could someone please reupload the HP rip software

Junior Member jonnydrama is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    What was the name of the software?

Junior Member doggie is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The file was deleted, can some re-upload the file to somewhere else?

12. Your ad here

Junior Member Ngamia77w is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Please.

Also looking for some to reupload this file somewhere else. Since HP stopped producing this printer+RIP combination its been imposible to get support for it.

Donor koocat is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If some can send me me the download link or the OP can private message me I can download this and then I can host a link to it on my private disk server. I have a new synology DS just sitting here doing not much.

Thanks a million.

+ Reply to Thread