+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to calibrate your printer step by step?

ogninga is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    ill try out some of these steps for my espon. cause the colors are always slighty weird when i print.

Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMeKanik View Post
    Gamut or not blah blah blah, But Printing Gamut usually should not exceed 1.8 Gamma on photoshops printing curve, gamma pretty much is Gamut. 2.2 is usually for monitors and is for Windows video gaming curve / format usually used any monitors and any gaming consoles in general. And is just not reproducible on paper format unless you can back light it in someway. So set your gamma to 1.8 in color calibration as in Adobe Gamma application, and your prints will look natural or fine. Hope this is helpful to you. =o) Been in the printing industry over 20 years now. so just try it.
    Please avoid posting like this.
    Compare color gammut and Gama. This two words describe two different things.
    Gama is two dimensional curve. Color gamut is 3d space.
    Your expirience in Graphic Art are welcome. This "Blah Blah stuf" are not, and is not helpful to anyone.

Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poiupoiu View Post
    i have an epson 1400 and an epson 2200, while the epson 1400 printed KINDA close to the colors on glossy, it still has that color shift problem so i picked up a 2200 and i swear i can calibrate that damn thing to save my life. im using EFI FX 4.0 rip and still sometimes i cant even get it to print close to the actual colors on screen on certain papers.
    You're right.
    it depends of media. You cannot reach big color gammut with low quality media.
    There is no rule but glossy and semmimat media have bigger gammut than matt.
    GIGO

Donor Cornbread is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    My printer has an "environment match" calibration that should be set with each new day for best output results. Failing to do this has resulted in overspray and other annoying problems.

Donor T. Schruda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    guys im still struggeling to create a CMYKRGB profile for my Z3200. and i was lookin all over the net.. and there is absolutely nothing about how to profile a 7 color system with a HT rip.
    i tried EFI and now wasatch.. i cannot get a good profile!..

i am pretty sure i got the lin right. all channels are cut down to individual limits and dont bleed. total ink lim is 275. that works.

then i chose 7 channel profile in monaco, i was asked for the Lab values of my 3 RGB channels. i put in the numbers i read in the 100% patch on the lin. i asume this was right?.. then it decides i have to print a chart with 2154 patches. i do. thru the RIP with lin active. then i read the patches..
    and now dont know which black generation to use.. tried the gradients of the RGB inks. profile looks OK, but some gradients (magenta to black and yellow to black) are totally bumpy and skintones are reddish..

there must be anybody who has actually done this before . ???

thnx

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Schruda View Post
    guys im still struggeling to create a CMYKRGB profile for my Z3200. and i was lookin all over the net.. and there is absolutely nothing about how to profile a 7 color system with a HT rip.
    i tried EFI and now wasatch.. i cannot get a good profile!..

i am pretty sure i got the lin right. all channels are cut down to individual limits and dont bleed. total ink lim is 275. that works.

then i chose 7 channel profile in monaco, i was asked for the Lab values of my 3 RGB channels. i put in the numbers i read in the 100% patch on the lin. i asume this was right?.. then it decides i have to print a chart with 2154 patches. i do. thru the RIP with lin active. then i read the patches..
    and now dont know which black generation to use.. tried the gradients of the RGB inks. profile looks OK, but some gradients (magenta to black and yellow to black) are totally bumpy and skintones are reddish..

there must be anybody who has actually done this before . ???

thnx
    You shouldn't be creating a multi-color profile. once you've made a linearization for all the (7) colors your printer has, you shouldn't have to deal with the inks individually anymore-- make a CMYK profile using Profilemaker or MonacoPROFILER using a decent amount of patches and you should get a good result--

print with the linearization active but any other color management OFF-- you only want the linearization doing anything-- then print your CMYK target, read it in as CMYK-- leave the ink limit at THIS point at the maximum (since your linearization is already handling ink limiting) and leave the black generation at the default value (in profilemaker this is usually 40% black start, max 100% K) then you should be able to import that profile into your rip so that it is automatically applied to files you send it-- set the rip to convert them to your profile as relative colorimetric-- this should result in the EXACT same result as converting your file to that profile in photoshop, then sending it to print through the rip again with color management OFF, only using the linearization.

The only reason I could see for ever using a multicolor profile is if you aren't using a linearization, and the data is being sent straight to the printer-- the reasons for using a HT driver should just be to control the individual ink limiting (which is usually too much work to even bother if you have the option of using a CT driver) but profiling should remain in the RGB or CMYK domain on top of the linearization or you really risk having banding issues caused by too many corrections pulling colors in different directions.

Hope this helps-- this stuff gets so complicated that its difficult to explain without losing track of where you're at sometimes

Donor rasselin is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Calibrate printer with Onyx productionhouse x10

Can we have it simple please.

How do we find the ideal ink limit?

Junior Member ferydiansyah is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    use x-rite hardware

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ferydiansyah For This Useful Post:

Junior Member aneheli is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Have you?

Have You some film on yotube or pictures of how to calibrate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2