+ Reply to Thread

Thread: guide ink chanel limit for EFI 4.5 pls ?

Junior Member phamgia is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

guide ink chanel limit for EFI 4.5 pls ?

Hello Dear all
    pls help me guide ink chanel limit for EFI 4.5 ? What i don't know? can anyone tell me do ink chanel limit ? what do it ?

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you don't have clear understanding of per-channel ink limiting, the better way would be to leave the values recommended by EFI XF. In most cases recommended values are quite acceptable.

If in brief, determining of limit values ​​of chromatic colors (CMY) are based on maximum chroma values, limit values of achromatic colors (K) are based on minimum lightness values.

In addition, for chromatic colors (in practice it is generally true for only Cyan and Magenta) hue shifting ("hue hooking") should also be taken into account. You should limit any of C, M, Y channels by values with maximum chroma or by values before significant hue shifting (hooking).

Black channel should be limited by value with minimum lightness. In practice, the values of lightness between 10...12 is quite enough. The values below 10 may be excessive (depends on a substrate you use). While you determine ink limit for black channel you should also take into account that the substrate is capable to accept only certain amount of liquid per unit area.
    Cheers,
    CW

Junior Member phamgia is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello Dear
    Thanks you. Can you show me the value of CMY and K as above example is how much? Can you tell details of limit chanel colors values ? Thanks you. i am sorry, i am new Color Proofing Management. Best regards.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    As I've wrote in my previous post, without clear understanding what you do, the better solution would be to leave the values recommended by EFI XF as is. Just don't touch anything and go ahead.

In practice, mostly no need to change the values calculated by EFI if you use original inks and high quality substrate.

In other cases, I'd recommend to find a local professional or, at least, you can give EFI XF a try, don't change calculated values.

I don't specialize in remote calibration. More over, without colorimetric info on measured patches it's absolutely impossible to help you with choosing a 'right' value. You should provide additional info such as Lab values for every ink limit value.
    Cheers,
    CW

+ Reply to Thread