+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epson stylus pro 7500 and print wysiwyg

Junior Member samjana is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks

Epson stylus pro 7500 and print wysiwyg

Remeber WYSIWYG? i do and i dont get it!, im very new to printing wideformat. I got gifted a old epson 24" pigment printer, Im an electronics tech and managed to fix it :). I got some ink cartridges et and done a few prints.... prints are way off!

I did do research since and discovered profiles, rips etc ... head hurts

currently i can get prints somewhat close from flexisign pro's production manager but still cant get anywhere near as close in my fav photoshop and illustrator...

can someone please help me out with a nudge towards right learning materials?

thanks
    Last edited by samjana; 02-09-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling

aaron125
    First problem is your printer - it will cause no end of headaches and problems trying to get any sort of decent colour match as it uses such incredibly outdated technology and inks. Even an upgrade to a $300 photo printer would be a huge improvement towards your goals.

As for learning resources, you should definitely read through the following titles thoroughly and several times, cover to cover:
    Real World Color Management - Bruce Fraser, et al
    Color Management for Photographers - Andrew Rodney
    Gretag Macbeth ProfileMaker Professional 5.x Instruction Manual

Thanks
    thanks, its a wide format printer, if i can get it to print decent - alot of learning to go, then ill look at getting a much newer printer.
    A friend of mine bought a roland versacam sp300 years ago for over 20k NZD! he still has not bothered to learn about colours etc. I might be able to buy it off him soon so i got this to learn in the mean time :), hey it was free and came with a roll of inkjet adhesive vinyl :)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    First problem is your printer - it will cause no end of headaches and problems trying to get any sort of decent colour match as it uses such incredibly outdated technology and inks. Even an upgrade to a $300 photo printer would be a huge improvement towards your goals.

As for learning resources, you should definitely read through the following titles thoroughly and several times, cover to cover:
    Real World Color Management - Bruce Fraser, et al
    Color Management for Photographers - Andrew Rodney
    Gretag Macbeth ProfileMaker Professional 5.x Instruction Manual

i would have thought that when they first came out they would have been the lateast and greatest lol anyways it must be able to do some decent prints - even though its old tech. my goal is to try and get something decent out of it. In the mean time im learning a ton so one day when i do manage to get myself a new unit i wont have to muck around and learn while unit gets outdated. anyways thanks

+ Reply to Thread