+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: EFI Colorproof XF how to

  1. #31
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    I think, it's impossible because XF cannot create RGB icc profiles. You can take measurements in XRite COlor Port (freeware) and make RGB icc profiles in any other profiling software.

    wrong
    you can generate rgb icc profile in efi xf

  2. #32
    Junior Member AlexG is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    wrong
    you can generate rgb icc profile in efi xf
    Actually, yes, it can create RGB profiles for devices connected to EFI directly. But lucaferr's question was about indirect connection of printer, which EFI don't support directly. In such case it's not possible to make RGB icc in EFI.

  3. #33
    Junior Member alex_prihodko will become famous soon enough alex_prihodko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 40 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    Actually, yes, it can create RGB profiles for devices connected to EFI directly. But lucaferr's question was about indirect connection of printer, which EFI don't support directly. In such case it's not possible to make RGB icc in EFI.
    I think right use profile ISO Coated v2 (ECI).

  4. #34
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by alex_prihodko View Post
    I think right use profile ISO Coated v2 (ECI).
    hello alex, welcome to board, what you talking about?

    Quote Originally Posted by AMAlexG
    Actually, yes, it can create RGB profiles for devices connected to EFI directly. But lucaferr's question was about indirect connection of printer, which EFI don't support directly. In such case it's not possible to make RGB icc in EFI.
    solution is
    1. make EPL file
    2. print chart from preview or from adobe print utility, not from efi
    3. measure normally in Profiler
    4. Generate ICC profile

    take care that printer driver have sRGB PCS (read, small gamut)

    Quote Originally Posted by djah
    The only things I know is if you want to print photos, use photoshop with icc profile for the paper you want to use made with profilemaker, and forget EFI XF... To me, EFI colorproof XF is really dedicated to prepress because with a rip you can print with a real CMYK mode (not a cmyk file printed on rgb mode) ... Another thing, it is useless to want to build CMYK + RGB profile for printing photos because the largest gamuts are in RGB, not in CMYK.. A CMYK gamut is smaller than a RGB gamut
    hmmm you are wrong. RGB and CMYK are color spaces. You talk about RGB devices and CMYK devices
    truth is that sRGB monitor have smaller gamut than CMYK printing press.
    Printer color gamut is question of printing media and ink you use
    If you choose input profile ECI RGB or Adobe RGB EFI will simulate input profile as much as output (paper) profile allow.
    i could not say what is better. RGB or CMYK workflow. in both case when i compare printout with ref. data everything is fine.
    maybe with Fogra LAB wedge ( which i don't have) i would measure/say different things
    till than, i/you will guess

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to super silja For This Useful Post:

  6. #35
    aaron125
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    solution is
    1. make EPL file
    2. print chart from preview or from adobe print utility, not from efi
    3. measure normally in Profiler
    4. Generate ICC profile

    take care that printer driver have sRGB PCS (read, small gamut)
    Not sure exactly how this would work because if an EPL file (linearization file) can be created from within XF (and that's the only way an EPL can be created) then the entire profile could also be made inside XF/Color Manager. Also, if one were to print the profile target from the Adobe Print Utility as you suggest, they would then not be making a profile for their printer/XF, because XF was not used to print the target. For the profile to be accurate, it has to be made using the exact same print procedure as what will be used for final printed output.

    sRGB is not a PCS (profile connection space) & has not ever been a PCS nor will it ever be a PCS. It is just a simple ICC profile, which itself uses a PCS but it cannot be a PCS. Don't know exactly what you meant there.

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    When you create linearization and media profile,you need a EYEone or X-rite equipment.
    You can use any brand of spectrophotometer to create a linearization & profile, as long as it is supported by XF. No need for it to be an X-Rite product.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

  8. #36
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    Not sure exactly how this would work because if an EPL file (linearization file) can be created from within XF (and that's the only way an EPL can be created)
    Hi aaron125,
    EPL = Efi Printer Linearisation
    Prelinearistion give best result, but you can work without.
    then the entire profile could also be made inside XF/Color Manager. Also, if one were to print the profile target from the Adobe Print Utility as you suggest, they would then not be making a profile for their printer/XF, because XF was not used to print the target.
    That is exactly what we need
    print without EPL, without linearisation, because when we print from photoshop, we can't use it EPL file
    For the profile to be accurate, it has to be made using the exact same print procedure as what will be used for final printed output.
    thats exactly what we do! Purpose of Efi color manager is to acquire data and to generate icc profile
    sRGB is not a PCS (profile connection space) & has not ever been a PCS nor will it ever be a PCS. It is just a simple ICC profile, which itself uses a PCS but it cannot be a PCS. Don't know exactly what you meant there.
    PCS - profile connection space is link between input and output, "a translation between two color spaces can go through a profile connection space" - citation
    ICC describe that PCS could be CIE lab or CIE XYZ. in that way every human visible color can be described. Vendors like Heidelberg, EFI, Xrite use CIE Lab or CIE XYZ as pcs.

    sRGB is color space
    sRGB icc profile describe sRGB color space. Everything (from input) is converted inside printer driver to sRGB and after that converted to Printer/media color space. In that way sRGB is PCS
    you can find article on internet what is sRGB
    [URL="http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=what+is+sRGB"]http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=what+is+sRGB[/URL]
    but, because sRGB can't describe every visible color, printing without high end rip, using plain printer driver,
    your print output is limited with sRGB color space

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to super silja For This Useful Post:

  10. #37
    Donor drago13 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    There is another interesting way. With the help of a composite PDF Flexoperfection with rasterized separation. It and print it. Colour accuracy is within reason, and batch processing to automate the process.

  11. #38
    Junior Member JoeColor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    EFI Colorproof/Fiery v4.5 CAN generate true RGB ICC profiles. These "Media Sets" can also be used in EFI's eXpress Photo application.

  12. #39
    aaron125
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by super silja View Post
    That is exactly what we need
    print without EPL, without linearisation, because when we print from photoshop, we can't use it EPL file

    thats exactly what we do! Purpose of Efi color manager is to acquire data and to generate icc profile
    This is incorrect - EFI can very easily be used to print directly from Photoshop. All one needs to do is print to the EFI Virtual Printer and that will therefore use the entire EFI workflow from start to finish, including any EPL, prelinearization, linearization, EFI print profiles, etc.

    An even easier way is to simply do whatever needs to be done in Ps and then just save the TIFF and take that TIFF directly into EFI and print from there.

  13. #40
    hustleruk
    Guest
    can efi express be calibrated in the same way?

  14. Your ad here

  15. #41
    Junior Member AlexG is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hustleruk View Post
    can efi express be calibrated in the same way?
    Yes, but eXpress cannot create neither EPL (linearization), nor icc profiles. You should:
    a) use standard epl or to create the custom one with EFI XF;
    b) create RGB icc profile with the third party software - i1P, ProfileMaker, Monaco, ArgyllCMS etc.
    c) Connect a to b in ProfileConnector to create media set.

  16. #42
    Junior Member slayertr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Efi

    Quote Originally Posted by kospe View Post
    Hi to all, does anybody have a step-by-step guide to configure a proof system based on EFI Color proof?

    Many thanks
    EFI color management portion of the program is already a step by step guide you. No need for another document

  17. #43
    Donor mrhooper is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts

    Photo proofing.

    What are people using to print Photography prints? I have an epson 9800 with an efi rip. I have only gotten good results if I convert photos to CMYK first. Are there any products that will take raw images from a camera and proof out the photos without converting them?

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    thanks

  18. #44
    megaeric
    Guest
    Anybody knows if EFI will help me with epson 7880C textile ink to get beter results with colors ?

  19. #45
    Teuflutch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by megaeric View Post
    Anybody knows if EFI will help me with epson 7880C textile ink to get beter results with colors ?
    I think Efi Color Proof Xf can allow you to Profile and lineariz on any media and have a good result.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teuflutch For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Efi ColorProof XF 4.01
    By pennismen in forum Full Software
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 10:43 AM
  2. EFI ColorProof XF
    By peto31 in forum Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
  3. colorproof-xf 4.5
    By peopleV3 in forum Recycle Bin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 07:01 PM
  4. EFI ColorProof XF 4.5
    By Cyclones in forum Recycle Bin
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts