+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Efi ColorProof XF and command work station 5.3

Uploaders pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice
    Thanks

Efi ColorProof XF and command work station 5.3

Hello guys i have a small Xerox 7500 and i can print works but i want know if is possible use CWS 5 for more production because now is my printer who rip work and i want speed an color management.

The question is posible get CWS5 working with efi colorprof xf for production and other question is what is the diference bettween colorprof and fiery because the iso is the same size if get direct from efi servers ftp.

Thanks for help.

Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Thanks

efi ws fiery

colorproof xf and fiery xf are sw rips.
    Fiery is hw rip and CWS is client interface to hw fiery rip.

fiery hw rip is usually connected to digital printing press and color/bw copiers
    xerox 7500 is supported with colorproof xf/Fiery xf

Fiery is more expensive than xerox 7500 and as i know there is no hw rip for 7500
    b/r
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

Uploaders pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice pennismen is just really nice
    Thanks
    Ok i understand you very good but i think that FIERY HW is only a COMPUTER with a SOFTWARE.

I don´t know the diferente between Fiery XF and Fiery HW. I know that XF support 7500 because i use but i want a RIP that have spool for so in future i need repeat a work.

I am waiting your answer or other answer. Thanks a lot for info and help.

Junior Member rhguru is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    fiery xf and colorproof xf are the same products. difference is in name and licence options, when your're buying it from efi. Fiery xf has more large format printers outputs, full color manager and spot color tool. There are the same output options for xerox but i'm not sure if yours is on the list. if not then hou can use file output option and use it only for color management and then cm as an output only.
    this fiery name always make people confused :) because original efi fiery is a laser printer output driver usually with dome piece of hardware to run outputs and managed by command workstation.

Junior Member Lemond will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Am I right, that you cant use the Command Work Station 5.3 if you dont have Fiery Hardware. No workaround available. I tried to install it, but it always ask for a login and pass on startup, and I assume thats the login and pass, from your Fiery Hardware.

Junior Member rhguru is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    as i remember login for cm is Fiery.1 password is the same. it should run as server / client app but something like pif hw card is needed. its related to your printer if its controlled by hardware card (like canon ipf series)

Thanks
    Thanks to all persons that want help me!! yeah 2 days ago a person explain me the diferent between Software and Hardware FIERY.

It would be fine can use it but if i can´t don´t happen nothing it is fore repeat works because is more fast and the color is more accurate.

Lemon if you can run it .... please make me know!! i hope you can and you want share it after.

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pennismen For This Useful Post:

Teuflutch
    Hi
    Command workstation work only with and hardware RIP .
    The Fiery RIP work with software and daughterboard with an EPROM containing the software lisences.
    Colorproof Xf is just a RIP software and he is not compatible with Cws5.
    I think it is easy to manage color with efi RIP you just have to use the sale setting with Xf and Fiery.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teuflutch For This Useful Post:

robaat
    Hey there,

so what did you get?

Junior Member borgwarrior is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhguru View Post
    as i remember login for cm is Fiery.1 password is the same. it should run as server / client app but something like pif hw card is needed. its related to your printer if its controlled by hardware card (like canon ipf series)
    Indeed, Fiery.1 is the default administrator password. Dongle is needed for the CWS though.

13. Your ad here

Junior Member Iceprojeckt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by borgwarrior View Post
    Indeed, Fiery.1 is the default administrator password. Dongle is needed for the CWS though.
    You DON'T need dongle to run CWS. Dongle only for Fiery options, such as impose and compose..

CWS is a remote application to a Fiery server thats all. You still able to install CWS to any computer, but serve nothing if you don't have the fiery server. In order to make it works you need to add a Fiery server to the CWS

Junior Member borgwarrior is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceprojeckt View Post
    You DON'T need dongle to run CWS. Dongle only for Fiery options, such as impose and compose..

CWS is a remote application to a Fiery server thats all. You still able to install CWS to any computer, but serve nothing if you don't have the fiery server. In order to make it works you need to add a Fiery server to the CWS
    True, sorry. CWS isn't as useful without the options though.

Junior Member printrooot is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    EFI colorproof fiery is so slower~

+ Reply to Thread