+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dye Sublimation & ICC Profiling

Donor Cornbread is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mae4444 View Post
    what the defrence betwen dye and inkjet
    Dye sublimation printing uses inks that need to be "heat transferred" (there are a few ways to do this) onto the finished fabric or substrate. Inkjet printing typically refers to solvent inks that are printed directly onto vinyl or a treated substrate.

niko
    I will be starting T-shirt printing next month...and this thread really helps in understanding a lot

BTS
    i have the same question but a simple question

what do patches mean in this principle?

moosi
    the printed colorchart has single patches. the number of the patches depends on the system you are using.

Junior Member tost is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

ICC profile for 97xx

I want the ICC profile sample for the 97xx printer for the dye-sublimation process..

can any one send me the ICC profile ?

THanks in advance

Junior Member mich is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tisoypinoy View Post
    I'm very familiar with dye sub printing and profiling. Question is, are you using a RIP or Regular printer driver. A RIP will give you better color control. Ask me any questions. I'd be happy to answer them.
    Hi, In your experience, what is the best rip for an Epson 9700 with sublimation system?

Junior Member luca73 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have installed today one 9700 with Ergosoft Posterprint 14.
    Sublimation inks Sensient Elvajet TFP.
    GPS proofing module inside Posterprint rip.
    Fantastic results.

Banned dazzul is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Be sure to use the highest grade of paper possible, just for getting set up and your profile fixed.

This way if you ever have issues with lesser paper you know you can go back to the best stuff

Junior Member Kaplis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Last 2 years i got thrown off from offset/digital to clear digital fabric printing stuff.

The first thing is first. I can definetly say, that first thing to burn in hells fire, when talk goes about textiles, is i1.
    Its measuring aperature is too smal, even to gather scattered light from textile surface. Technicaly, its impossible (IMHO) to get some meaningfull results on fabrics. Maybe on some, at least 16 MM (textile people will know it ) silk, it will gather more or less reasonable "Lab number", but, when things goes to cotton, viscose knitted goods, or my personal favorite, when profiling, chiffon type silks, its useless.
    When i tried ( as i have at least two of them in house - got them for free ) to measure some patches on chiffon type silk i1 "said", that there is nothing there.
    So.. i got my Barbieri Spectro LFP, it has 6-8 mm measuring aperature, that works excelent with fabrics.
    Plus, RIP, color managment for textile must be for textile. Made in such way, that they conform to classic steps of textile processing.
    For an example, in my paper bussines on one hand for wide format prints i have EFI Fiery XF. It has 5 bloody steps to get only a linearisation done.

And now imagine, cycle - fabrics pretreatment(im talking here about diret jetting on fabrics), print, fixation in steamer ( in my case, still the easy way, for silk, its 20 min @ 104 C atmosferic steaming), washoff, drying, measurement.
    On other, for textiles i have Ergosoft Texprint - 1 step linearisation, TIL, and profiling. its it. in about 3 steps you have already usable profile. that can be improved, by printing additional charts while already doing some actual jobs and already getting paid for your printed orders!

Recently, my boses to, throwed me in polyester things. And, despite its simplicity amongst other textile print proceses, its a mayor pain in arse.
    1. clients, that thinks, ow, its that simple, print and its it, i can today throw you a file(at about 4:45 PM, and tomorrow at 9:30 he will be already calling, where is my fabric rolls!!)
    2. transfer paper, that costs a fortune, if it doesnt cost a fortunte its definetly gona soak up ink, get blistered and streak the hell out of printheads

3. tons of shitty, "low" fastnes inks ( most of disperse inks ar made for soft signage, and their wash/light/rub fastneses are imposibly low. As im also in some research projects about this all, i have access to quite good textile testing labs.. and its proven, scientificaly, with quartz lamps..)

Junior Member printer1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

PosterPrint

Hello,
    I don't know were to really post this, and here it goes.
    I have some icc profiles for Wasatch for Dgen Teleios V8 Printer, but i don't have the software. I have a PosterPrint 14 with license, but don't have the ICC profiles. My question is: can I use the ICC profiles from Wasatch in PosterPrint? Thanks for replying

11. Your ad here

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by printer1 View Post
    Hello,
    I don't know were to really post this, and here it goes.
    I have some icc profiles for Wasatch for Dgen Teleios V8 Printer, but i don't have the software. I have a PosterPrint 14 with license, but don't have the ICC profiles. My question is: can I use the ICC profiles from Wasatch in PosterPrint? Thanks for replying
    why dont you have a try???

Junior Member printer1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I don't know how to do that. I need to make a .prnv file. any ideas?

Junior Member mags1892 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

profiling sublimation

Ive done a lot fo this and as previously mentioned profiling cotton and thick weave items is almost impossible as the weave fools the measuring device as to the colour. Also if white materials sometimes its worth using a UV filter as products like ISUB white placemats have a lot of UV Brighteners in them to make them very white.

Ive had the most success profiling on that sort of product (isub placemats) print charts with as many colours as possible I try and use min 918 patches. Ive had great success with INKTEC sublinova range of inks which have very good blacks, so much that I now sell these inks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2