+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom ink mixing calculation software

Donor TPJozsef is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Custom ink mixing calculation software

This seemed to be the best place to post this type of topic.

Can any recommend me a software that can calculate (or in other words map) ink mixing to Pant colors from custom colors.

That probably needs some explanation: so right now I'm working on a screen printing project.
    I got at my disposal a few basic plastisol colors: blue, red, green, yellow, white, black (and a few other colors/shades I can order from the distributor like orange or transparent).
    I would measure these base colors with an i1pro and theoretically the software should be able to calculate color mixing formulas for some of the pant colors.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Junior Member werdizthaword is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    typically the manufacturer offer such programs.

here is for union inks
    http://www.unionink.com/unionink/software/index.html

qcm ink
    http://qcminks.com/products/color-mixing-calculator.aspx
    requires reg. but is free

rutland ink
    http://www.rutlandinc.com/products/screen-printing-products/technical-information/online-color-mixing-calculator.aspx
    same as qcm

if you dont already have you will need a digital scale that measures atleast to the 100ths.

also if you didnt already know, union,qcm,rutland are now all owned by parent company, but still operate independently. When I am mixing custom colors if I dont have the exact same color it asks for then I use the closets and adjust from there granted I like to say I have a good eye for color and more or less know if something is missing.
    Screen Print wizard of sorts

Thanks
    These look like great resources.
    The only problem is that I use AMEX ink (www.amexsrl.it)

Thanks

Thanks
    Their site doesnt allow me to look in their products or look at a color chart, but those companies I listed above should have color charts for veiwing, I would just use their color charts compared to what color ink you have and mix using colors you have or can potentially purchase from them or equivalent shades. In my opinion unless it is a picky corporate client they will not notice if it is a shade or off, but most colors on almost every color I have seen are basically the primary shades used to make custom shades needed.

here is a google link from a search I performed that has other companies with calculators that you try.
    https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=mw#bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=67c14 05c67fd780&hl=en&q=color+mixing+calculator+for+ink

another suggestion is to email this lady and see if they have you can download. She is the contact for customer service. I dont see why they wouldnt offer .
    [email protected]

also check out this other forum that is strictly dedicated to the embellishment industry
    http://www.t-shirtforums.com/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to werdizthaword For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    if you get me a pant color I can try to give you a formula based on what i apps i use.

Thanks
    In these situations I like to do things the "hard way", if I can manage to find the tools that I need.
    Basically the idea is to manually measure all my base paint colors with my i1pro and if I can find a software that can extrapolate from a few base mixtures to build a custom color mixture database for this paint.

Banned Algis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I know that RIP software show how much ink (preliminary) the machine will use, but I always add some extra kg's to the number, and I never miss.

+ Reply to Thread