+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Creating ICC Profile with Prinect ColorTool

  1. #1
    Donor luzterin is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Creating ICC Profile with Prinect ColorTool

    Hello All, I have one question regarding using ColorProofPro and ColorTool to creating and calibrating one Epson Stylus Pro 9880 Printer. A breef explanation to all the steps .. and my problem.

    First I start to create a base linearization with the color proof pro. There are 5 steps. Last step print the Iso 12642-2/ANSI IT8.7/4 Random.
    I measure it with color tool and create the ICC file for the printer. Switch back to color proof pro and connect linearization with icc. Now I have a print profile to my media. This one appear in MetaDimension. After this step I need to check everything with anohter Iso 12642-2/ANSI IT8.7/4 Random. I use the fogra test d6357_iso12647_7_evaluation_a.pdf
    I put it in the MD hotfolder and printed it with a previously created print profile.
    Mease it with a ColorTool and check the results. It's not bad but still have a space for impoving.

    My question is: How to add the last measurment to the previously created icc profile, to readjust it in ColorTool. ?

  2. #2
    Donor luzterin is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Hey Guys,
    Any guesses about this color tool. I check both version 3.5 or 2010. No clue how to make this ...

  3. #3
    Donor luzterin is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    I meen if you compare it with Efi ColorProof XF.
    In Efi there are option to readjust the profile with a 3cc files, which you put in the L*A*B* Optimization tab.
    How you guys make this with a ColorProofPro and ColorTool from Heidelberg (ColorProofPro is the same as efi, but awfully crippled. When I try to install Efi on the same computer with MetaDimension, it's says that I have a efi software installed on it.)
    When I uninstall CPP the printers from MD are gone, so .. i'm stuck with this. ???

  4. #4
    Junior Member rooftop is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    There is an editing tools in Color Tools that you can use.
    You put your Press Profile (the txt file), the Proof Profile (txt file), and also the measurement data of proof result with those 2 profiles.

    The tools will recalculate the deviation of the proof result and the press profile and evaluate the proof profile and calculate again the new proof profile. This is some kind of iteration calculation to make the proof proof profile closer to the press profile.

    Hope can help....

    rgds

  5. #5
    Donor luzterin is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    I found this editing tools and specially this place with a press profile and print profile. I think that this is a little mess with a explanation like press profile and proof profile and in the help file also. I'll try it. At the moment I solve my problem with a efi colorproof, so easy with it.

    Regards

  6. #6
    Member PanozJani is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
    One little trick: print two copies of it874 and average them before creating the first profile. If you have enough time measure both charts two times so you can minimize measurement errors and the small deviation of your printer. Using the iteration in colortool is a little confusing for the first time but read the help - it explains all.
    I got good results with one iteration (passing the ISO12647-7 criteria).

  7. #7
    Junior Member AlexG is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luzterin View Post
    I found this editing tools and specially this place with a press profile and print profile. I think that this is a little mess with a explanation like press profile and proof profile and in the help file also. I'll try it. At the moment I solve my problem with a efi colorproof, so easy with it.
    By the way, Prinect ColorTool has one very usefull feature for press profile creation. It's a "Smoothing" tool. It helps to improve gradation curves of measurements to make profile more smoother, without bumps etc.
    There are such tools (or settings) in i1Profiler and ArgyllCMS, but ColorTool smoothing is outstanding. If you need to profile flexo or low quality offset then this tool make an amazing job for you.

  8. #8
    Junior Member alex_prihodko will become famous soon enough alex_prihodko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 40 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PanozJani View Post
    One little trick: print two copies of it874 and average them before creating the first profile. If you have enough time measure both charts two times so you can minimize measurement errors and the small deviation of your printer. Using the iteration in colortool is a little confusing for the first time but read the help - it explains all.
    I got good results with one iteration (passing the ISO12647-7 criteria).
    I think right use profile ISO Coated v2 (ECI)

  9. #9
    Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Thumbs down stop fooding

    Quote Originally Posted by alex_prihodko View Post
    I think right use profile ISO Coated v2 (ECI)
    alex,
    please stop flooding

  10. #10
    Junior Member jonl8038 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luzterin View Post
    Hello All, I have one question regarding using ColorProofPro and ColorTool to creating and calibrating one Epson Stylus Pro 9880 Printer. A breef explanation to all the steps .. and my problem.

    First I start to create a base linearization with the color proof pro. There are 5 steps. Last step print the Iso 12642-2/ANSI IT8.7/4 Random.
    I measure it with color tool and create the ICC file for the printer. Switch back to color proof pro and connect linearization with icc. Now I have a print profile to my media. This one appear in MetaDimension. After this step I need to check everything with anohter Iso 12642-2/ANSI IT8.7/4 Random. I use the fogra test d6357_iso12647_7_evaluation_a.pdf
    I put it in the MD hotfolder and printed it with a previously created print profile.
    Mease it with a ColorTool and check the results. It's not bad but still have a space for impoving.

    My question is: How to add the last measurment to the previously created icc profile, to readjust it in ColorTool. ?

    Do you mean iteration cycle to make the gamut mapping more tighter tolerance??

  11. Your ad here

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. best program for create ICC profile?
    By peopleV3 in forum Color Proofing Management
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 01:22 AM
  2. How convert Mx4 to ICC profile
    By pete in forum Color Proofing Management
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 06:20 AM
  3. Profile Maker 5.0.0 and Patch (Mac)
    By entropik in forum Full Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 01:26 PM
  4. Binuscan Profile Plus
    By Apa_Cska in forum Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 11:00 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 04:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts