+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: colorengine for multicolor profile

Junior Member GlennA is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by T. Schruda View Post
    nonsense
    Well, you seem to be as sure of yourself as you are spare with words, so I will tread carefully here. There certainly are rips that require an n-color profile to fully exploit the additional colors of some proofers (The Isi, or Starproof, rip being one example, I'm sure there are many others).

However, it is far from nonsense to state the rather obvious fact that in many (perhaps the majority) of cases, no such n-color profile is needed in order to exploit the full color range of a given multicolor printer.

Epson's X900 series of proofers, to cite a single example of what may be the world's most widely distributed proofing platform, use in addition to CMYK, Light C, Light M, Medium Black, Light Black, Very Light Black, Orange and Green.

Interestingly, though, I've never had any need to construct an 11 color profile. Even more interestingly, though my profile doesn't explicitly define green and orange, my orange and green cartridges continue to empty themselves. I wonder where all that ink is going.

Donor T. Schruda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Glenn, i am not spare with words.. but you have obviously not read my question nor the whole thread.

i never stated that n-color profiles are NEEDED. not even a RIP is NEEDED..

i was plain out asking!! a question.. and therefore i am lookin - politly - for answers to my question.. and not for a discussion if a n-channel profile is needed.

you sated: "no advantage will be gained by creating a CMYKOG profile."

that is nonsense. there are advantages you can gain.

and then you state: "I wonder where all that ink is going. "

and that is the difference between us.. you wonder where your ink goes.. and i know where my ink goes..

no offense.. just back to the topic.. if you have experiences with colorengines that can build a 7-color profile.. please.. i am very curious!

thank you

Thanks
    i never stated that n-color profiles are NEEDED. not even a RIP is NEEDED. i was plain out asking!! a question.. and therefore i am lookin - politly............
    If you had been acting politely, you would not have responded to another person's post by calling it nonsense. I don't understand your attitude, nor am I particularly fond of answers in all caps.

Thanks
    again.. i agree it aggravates me when people dont read threads but just answer to it.

and again.. your statement :"no advantage will be gained by creating a CMYKOG profile."

is nonsense.. plain out.. i just said one word which is the thruth.. i did not mean to be rude or unpolite. i just stated a fact.

if i had been rude or unpolite i would have said its bullshit!.. *smile*

dont take any offense please. you may answer my question in the thread start of course or proof that i am wrong and i will of course appologize.

but so far.. it is just nonsense

Thanks
    if i had been rude or unpolite i would have said its bullshit!.. *smile*
    I see. Goodbye.

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    just out of curiosity I'm gonna ask this again:

what printer/paper/measuring device are you using? are you using the iso_coated profile as a reference in the advanced dialog for ink limiting in EFI? Also are you using a halftone or a contone driver?

Using a halftone driver with EFI should be able to give you exactly the control you need (although I don't have experience with a printer that has RGB inks) But what exactly is the actual problem you are having with your current profiles? Are the blacks too light? are the colors not right, or having banding problems or something? I think its probably more to the point to let us know what the actual problem is, because there might be alternate approaches to solving your problem

Thanks
    hi again lessbones

i tried to use EFI for fineArt in the past but didnt like the results.
    i use qimage for that.. or onyx - their engine gave very detailed and colorful results.

so here it is about proofing. where as EFIs dynamic wege is the perfect! thing for me i am trying not to miss.. ;-)

there is only a HT driver for the Z3200ps.. ! orig. inks. and a mitsubishi paper that is fogra certified..

im having the biggest problems with yellow!. the HP yellow seems to be not light enough on that fogra cert. paper which itself tends to be a little darker and yellowish!

i do get a dE of 1.9 for yellow on the first profile i build. but with every iteration where after 2 i get avg of 0.8 and max of 5.7 .. the yellow is at 4.5!!

i tried different restrictions.. always giving the same exact results. i did get a decent result with colorgate that doesnt shift the yellow out.. using the contone driver. but im missing the dynamic wedge there so would like to stick with EFI.

my yellow is 88, -5,101 in the LIN. when opting on the first already 88, -6.53, -89,73 and instead of shifting back to 88, -5, 93 of isoC.. gets worse to 87.26, -5.62, 88.95

either the HP yellow is freakin differing.. or maybe the lin is not straight enough.. in the saturated yellow ? or light cyan ?..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2