+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: colorengine for multicolor profile

Donor T. Schruda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

colorengine for multicolor profile

im still workin to get a perfect ICC for proofing.

the colorengine in EFI for CMYK+RGB is pretty week and doesnt include decent swaps.

i used profile maker to print some 3000+ patches swaps and got decent results.

the only problem is the limited channel controll within profilemaker.

even with max K CMY starts at 0 and K at 10.. sometime even including RGB in the gray axis.. baba

monaco has better controll. is there a way tho to use the large charts that i have generated with PM in monaco?

or what other colorengines are there that give better controll? how can i import that testform to heidelberg? that would be it! thnx

Thanks
    just realized i can use colorport and see if then monaco can work with it.
    kinda pain in the neck as i had to rename channels and so on to make it fit. but at least it prints.

the heidelberg would be ultimate i think

edit: not working.. colorport doesnt export this kind of 7 channel in monaco format.

so .. im waiting for a chance to use heidelberg ..
    Last edited by T. Schruda; 02-20-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Junior Member leftdriver is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    can you explain it a little bit more in detail, what you want to import in Heidelberg? What Heidelberg do you mean exactly? Color Toolbox 10? There you can import .txt and .it8-files. It should be possible to import a measured chart from another software. I'm not sure, but I have heard that EFI-charts are not in a proper condition. Sorry I can't tell you more about that or how you can fix that.

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    In my experience I do not get good profiles thru EFI directly, but I've gotten much improved results creating a Linearization in EFI WITHOUT creating a profile, then printing a PMP target thru efi using that Linearization with Color Management OFF (so it uses just the lin and no profiling) then creating the profile in Profilemaker Pro, then using Color Manager in EFI to connect that newly created PMP profile back to the Linearization I made thru EFI--

I have some suspicion that EFI's profiling engine does not compensate for optical brighteners, which in my case has lead to off-neutral greys using an i1 i/o and Chromaticity Validation Satin paper. But either way, the profiles are not as smooth when created with efi's profiler as they are when made with PMP. I'm sure one could use a similar method to make a profile with monaco

Thanks

h

Hi lessbones.. yes. That was also my aproach.. i printed a pretty large chart with 3800 patches built in pm5 thru efi. The thing is that the tools are too limited in pm to get the best. Even if i say start black 0 it wont start before 20 and i get at least cmy alnog the axis. In multichanel mode i get even rgb to build gray. Thats nonsense.. so im lookin for a colorengine that actually makes sense for cmykrgb inkjetters... If there is one.. its stupi f.e. to introduce rgb at less then lets say 20. You only get large dots! And the gray axis should be mainly grays and black! And actually my gamut was smaller then with efi alone and only had 86% of isocoated

Thanks
    you have only the standard EFI? I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but EFI Colorproof XF with Color-Manager and Color-Verifier-Option is able to get very good results with full gamut of ISOcoated_v2

Thanks
    EFI colorproof XF 4.5.1..

Thanks
    the size of the gamut is determined by your ink limiting-- so that would be handled during the linearization in EFI-- anything that happens after linearization isn't going to improve your black point, gamut, etc. You should be setting your K start values in the linearization-- most of the tools in PMP are useful only if it is the only thing you are using-- not as much so when combined with a linearization--

what printer/paper/measuring device are you using? are you using the iso_coated profile as a reference in the advanced dialog for ink limiting in EFI? Also are you using a halftone or a contone driver?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lessbones For This Useful Post:

Junior Member GlennA is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Multi Color Profiles

I1Profiler has wrapped up some of Monaco's best features.....great gamut mapping and very aggressive GCR...into a new package that outperforms both Monaco and the old Profile Maker product. I'd start there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GlennA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    good to know, sounds interesting
    do you have own experiences?

13. Your ad here

Thanks

7 Color

I previously used Monaco for a 7 color expanded gamut project that was the subject of my presentation for the 2008 G7 Extreme conference in New Orleans. I'm currently working with i1Profiler for a similar project.

Banned maeiwill is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    what is efi

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maeiwill View Post
    what is efi
    this is exactly why i think the 20 post rule doesn't work (and is misleading, since you don't get any kind of automatic access by simply posting 20 times). It floods threads with this kind of garbage.

Thanks

N Color profile for inkjet

Quote Originally Posted by T. Schruda View Post
    so im lookin for a colorengine that actually makes sense for cmykrgb inkjetters... If there is one.
    There is no need at all for an n-color profile for inkjet profiling. You inkjet will use all of its colors even though you use a CMYK or RGB profile (The correct choice here depends on your rip's setting, and whether the inkjet is being driven as an RGB or CMYK device).

Even if your inkjet prints with CMYKOG, for example, no advantage will be gained by creating a CMYKOG profile.

Thanks
    nonsense

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast