+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Color replacement with i1

Donor stoteg is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Color replacement with i1

Here is the situation:
    I have the example of color I need to get and the file with spotcolor. I replace this spotcolor with the measured color by i1 in ColorGate PS7 and it does not look like example after printing. Am I doing something wrong or this method never worked? )
    Thnx for answers

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stoteg View Post
    Here is the situation:
    I have the example of color I need to get and the file with spotcolor. I replace this spotcolor with the measured color by i1 in ColorGate PS7 and it does not look like example after printing. Am I doing something wrong or this method never worked? )
    Thnx for answers
    Hello stoteg,

this method will do work if:
    • ICC profile corresponds to printer actual behavior (including substrate hue matching);
    • target color is in gamut;
    • visual assessment should be performed under normalized lighting conditions.
    Cheers,
    CW

Donor stoteg is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    ColorWizard
    Tank You, but there are still difficulties.
    I measure the color, printed by the same printer with the same profile and same material, but it differs after printing again.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stoteg View Post
    I measure the color, printed by the same printer with the same profile and same material, but it differs after printing again.
    If your printing process is not stable (so called long-term & short-term color stability), then you won't be able to get right color, because the color actually printed will not be corresponded with the color predicted by icc profile.
    First of all, I would recommend you to check the printing process against its ICC-profile. You can use [URL="http://www.ugra.ch/uppct.phtml"]Ugra Proof and Print Certification Tool[/URL] control tool in demo mode.
    If you will be satisfied with printer icc profile accuracy, then check if target color is in-gamut of printer icc profile. For that purpose you can use [URL="http://www.printroot.com/forum/f21/chromix-color-think-pro-3-a-178/"]Chromix ColorThink[/URL] or any other tool, even Photoshop
    Cheers,
    CW

Junior Member 647689321a is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    First thing to do is to meke sure that the profile is right. The way to do it is have a patch set well keeped like Colorchecker. Always do it with the same instrument. Make the ICC profile, read patches from a Colorchecker or a Pant book and print the LAB readings in absolute colorimetric. If everithing is well d the patches should match. I can give you more information if you like. I make profiles and color management for some kind of industries like textile printing.

+ Reply to Thread