+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Color measurement program

PRC Member M@CK is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Color measurement program

I find myself matching tons of jobs from Offset on my Xerox 700. Is their a stand alone tool that I can take say an i1 take a spot measurement and then start form their ...
    I do this sometime on the GMG spot color editor but the RIP is on the other side of the shop and its not very practical. What I do like about this tool (on the GMG) is you can take a target measurement and a current measurement and see the difference.

Thanks for the help.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I find myself matching tons of jobs from Offset on my Xerox 700. Is their a stand alone tool that I can take say an i1 take a spot measurement and then start form their ...
    I do this sometime on the GMG spot color editor but the RIP is on the other side of the shop and its not very practical. What I do like about this tool (on the GMG) is you can take a target measurement and a current measurement and see the difference.

Thanks for the help.
    hi!

you didnt tell us your system specs. there is an old but great freeware from xrite called eyeone share:

[URL="http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=765&Action=support&Softwa reID=505"]http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=765&Action=support&Softwa reID=505[/URL]

this allows you to compare color measurements by delta e.

unfortunately it doesnt support the latest mac os 10.6 and windows 64 bit.

but maybe this will help you.

Thanks
    Great ! Ill give it a shot. As for specs, the Xerox RIP is a Windows XP machine and I run a Mac pro on Snow Leopard next to it, so I have a choice.

Thanks for the help.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Great ! Ill give it a shot. As for specs, the Xerox RIP is a Windows XP machine and I run a Mac pro on Snow Leopard next to it, so I have a choice.

Thanks for the help.
    so you might try windows xp.
    the mac version is ppc only and doesnt run without rosetta.

Thanks
    Exactly what i had in mind. Just to busy right now to try it out.

aaron125

Works perfectly in Win7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    there is an old but great freeware from xrite called eyeone share:

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    this allows you to compare color measurements by delta e.

unfortunately it doesnt support the latest mac os 10.6 and windows 64 bit.
    I used i1Share 1.41 just last week on Win7 SP1 x64 and I have been using it with x64 Windows for at least 4+ years now. No problems whatsoever with Windows x64.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    I used i1Share 1.41 just last week on Win7 SP1 x64 and I have been using it with x64 Windows for at least 4+ years now. No problems whatsoever with Windows x64.
    so please tell us where did you get the version 1.41.

the xrite site only offers version 1.4 from year 2005 and claims that there are problems with 64 bit systems and gives no support for windows 7!

[URL="http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=765&Action=support&Suppor tID=5152"]i1share doesnt see i1 on 64bit [/URL]

aaron125
    Apologies, my bad... using version 1.4, not 1.41. Still never had one single issue with this proggy in the many years I've been using it.

Not exactly sure what you're trying to point out with the support page you've linked - the solution described in the X-Rite page is exactly what I've been doing ever since I initially purchased my i1Pro, over 5 years ago. And right there on that page you linked it explains how to get i1Share working on Windows x64.

One should always make sure they have the most recent version of the EyeOne.dll file in every application which uses the i1. Sometimes wierd things can happen if even just 1 program folder still has an old or very old version of EyeOne.dll, it can cause system-wide issues when trying to use the i1, even if the app with the old EyeOne.dll has absolutely nothing to do with whatever program is not working correctly.

For me, every time I update 1 of my colour management/profiling apps, I copy EyeOne.dll into about 10 or more different folders to keep it updated everywhere on my system. I created a simple batch file to do this for me so I don't have to go trawling through so many folders.

Nemesis
    Well even on 64 bit windows you have Program Files x86 for 32bit applications. So naturally i1Share will work without any trouble.

While on Mac OS X SL and Lion, to install i1Match and i1Share you need to install Roseta first.

aaron125

FYI - not all 32bit apps will work on a 64bit OS

The problem with i1Share has nothing at all to do with any specific OS folder. It is simply an out of date dll file, nothing more, nothing less. Extremely quick and easy fix.

Also, just because a 64bit OS has a Program Files (x86) folder for native 32bit apps, this does not mean that every single x86 app in existence will work. Unfortunately it often is not something which cannot be fixed unless one knows how to code their own dlls, drivers and various other settings which I have absolutely no clue about.

But in the past 7+ years in which I have been using a Windows x64 OS, I certainly have encountered a number of apps which simply refuse to even install, let alone actually running the app. And no amount of compatibility mode setting changes will help. Other times, an app might install ok but when trying to actually use the app, either it will not start or if it does, comes up with errors straight away and then the app either crashes or freezes up.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member sakharov is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Windows x64 / Vista x64 issue (i1 Share can not see i1 Pro) is very common.
    It could be resolved by dll change:
    https://xrite.co.uk/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=792&Action=Support&Sup portID=5152

Junior Member jonl8038 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Fiery latest command workstation V5.3 can make a single measurement like just what you have in mind, hope that it help....

Banned smilem is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi, I too use i1share (actually this is gretagmacbeth program not xrite), from the day1 when I got my i1Pro :)

The problem I'm having that cxf files made by i1share are incompatible with i1Profiler, I can open light source measurement files, or spot color files.

Is there a work around this problem?

aaron125
    I know that i1Profiler is not compatible with CXF v1 as i1Share outputs but can't you just use i1Profiler to measure your spot colours or light/flash measurements? Surely there must be a function in there somewhere so that one could measure a single patch with an i1, which is the same as measuring a spot colour. And I'm guessing there would be an equivalent to do the same but for light or flash measurements, instead of reflective, surface measurements.

I've not yet had the chance to use i1Profiler so I can't tell you with 100% accuracy that this is the case, but I would think X-Rite would have put this function into the software. Or maybe X-Rite have released a conversion app to convert from CXF v1 to CXF v2. You should email them and ask.

Junior Member geoman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I can confirm that the Mac version works on Snow Leopard.

Available from xrite.com:

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=765&Action=support&Softwa reID=505

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast