+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Color manager for Xrite 528 Espectrodensitometer and i1 pro serie1

Junior Member camicov is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Color manager for Xrite 528 Espectrodensitometer and i1 pro serie1

Hi!

I was wondering if someone can give me an advise, I currently have a software called Color touch that makes an Xrite i1pro colorimeter able to give densitometer numbers and store diferent job´s color variables, I want to do that with my Xrite 528, what´s the best option for that? how do you control and store the color measurements?

best regards.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    There are two options that come to my mind:
    • Excel
    • basICColor catch

In some cases, using Excel is the most flexible option. It allows you to calculate both colorimetric and densitometric metrics from the same spectral data. But it requires a lot of programming.
    basICColor is good, but the paid option. I'm not sure, but I think it should work with X-Rite 528, because it supports X-Rite 530.
    Cheers,
    CW

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks Wizard, I´ll take a look into Basiccolor, do you use it on your workflow?

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by camicov View Post
    thanks Wizard, I´ll take a look into Basiccolor, do you use it on your workflow?
    I built a set of Excel macros for my purposes, so I use Excel a lot, but basICColor catch is on my basket as well
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    Would you share the macros?

Thanks
    I'm sorry I can't share it yet, because it's still not ready for the public sharing.
    Here are the examples of the computations made from spectral data:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Actually, I would prefer to share the knowledge and not the result of work
    Cheers,
    CW

Junior Member shampa is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Is not knowledge the result of work?

I have done similar calculations in excel. The basics were actually pretty easy. The hardest part was finding a proper reference for the density filters.

I do not have the file on hand atm, but I think it was basically just create lists containing the spectral data for the illumination, filter and sample and do a sum of products between them. This will give you reflectance which you then convert to density (by taking an inverse logarithm? my memory is a bit sketchy on that part.)

You can do a similar thing to obtain the XYZ values which then can be converted into other color systems such as Lab.

I found the source of python-colormath to be a convenient reference for the various spectral data, and Bruce Lindbloom's site a good reference for the various colorimetric conversions.

Junior Member KamilT is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hey,

you can use free tool ColorPort from X-Rite site, this tool report spectral, Lab and density values (beside other). You can export values to excel for further use.
    Also you can use ToolCrib and send values right to Excel.

for formules, there is great site http://brucelindbloom.com/

Cheers,
    kt

Quote Originally Posted by camicov View Post
    Hi!

I was wondering if someone can give me an advise, I currently have a software called Color touch that makes an Xrite i1pro colorimeter able to give densitometer numbers and store diferent job´s color variables, I want to do that with my Xrite 528, what´s the best option for that? how do you control and store the color measurements?

best regards.

+ Reply to Thread