+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CMYK Profiling with i1 Basic Pro

PRC Member moutonnoir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

CMYK Profiling with i1 Basic Pro

Hey!

What softwares works with the i1 pro? I am probably about to get the i1 pro basic and want to avoid the $1300 cost of the iPublish version.

Is there any cracked versions of iPublish floating around?

Is there another workflow that we can use, that ideally has a good user experience, not the Argyll experience!

Thanksss!

Donor T. Schruda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    profilemaker is prob the easiest and working for you!..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to T. Schruda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks!

I am now trying to use Onyx ProductionHouse RIP - it has RGB profiles for all the papers i would want to use - but not CMYK.

Any idea if it is still suitable for primarily CMYK, graphics type stuff?

Thanks!

Member ColorProofer is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    As far I know there is no cured iPublish version availabel.

But you can use Profilemaker or Monaco Profiler.

Why don't you want to use Argyll - it delivers excellent results and is free.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorProofer For This Useful Post:

Junior Member rhguru is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    normally every other software than i1family products can use i1basic for every profile, cmyk android rgb, input and output. limitation in licence is only in i1 apps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rhguru For This Useful Post:

Member PanozJani is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i would also recommend ArgyllCMS. it's free, has better support than "xleft" and makes as good profiles as i1Profiler (better than ProfileMaker5). If you prefer GUI, you can use MeasureTool (part of PM5) for generating and measuring testcharts than convert the results to argyll specific format, calculate the profile with argyll (you can make devicelink profiles also!!!). thats basically 2 commands what you have to learn..

There is a free GUI available for Argyll and it is quite easy to use.
    Last edited by aaron125; 04-07-2012 at 02:38 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PanozJani For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorProofer View Post

I dunno.. I keep seeing the shnazzy iPublish\x-rite software screenshots, and it looks easy and quick for me and my designers to use - but the argyll approach looks difficult, unplesant, and hard to evaluate without more experience than we have...

But we do not need to use this stuff daily - i think I am getting the i1Pro Basic for $675 new, then I will simply purchase iPublish later if the software choices here are no good for me.

Thanks for the info guys!

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorProofer View Post

Sure there is - it's just that one has to pay for the patched version of i1Profiler. I know someone from here who paid about $200 (I think) to a cracker/hacker for a fully working, patched i1Profiler. But the problem is that he had to give his i1Pro serial number to the hacker to get the patch, so it is not transferable to other i1Pro devices. I know, I tried it but it wouldn't work for me.

If anyone here knows how to read the internals of a ~25MB exe, I think I still have the patched file - maybe someone can remove the serial number part from the exe, or even better, let us know how we can insert our own i1Pro serial into the exe and then we too can have a fully working version of the app.

I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting though...

Re: Argyll - if wanting to do anything with CMYK profiling, one absolutely must use a RIP as Argyll is only a profile creation app, it cannot over-ride the standard GDI drivers and turn an RGB printer into a CMYK device. So, even if using Argyll, one still requires the RIP to actually print with a CMYK printer.

Onyx would be the way to go - or if you must, EFI XF 4.5.x will work too.
    Last edited by aaron125; 04-07-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Argyll

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    Sure there is - it's just that one has to pay for the patched version of i1Profiler. I know someone from here who paid about $200 (I think) to a cracker/hacker for a fully working, patched i1Profiler. But the problem is that he had to give his i1Pro serial number to the hacker to get the patch, so it is not transferable to other i1Pro devices. I know, I tried it but it wouldn't work for me.

If anyone here knows how to read the internals of a ~25MB exe, I think I still have the patched file - maybe someone can remove the serial number part from the exe, or even better, let us know how we can insert our own i1Pro serial into the exe and then we too can have a fully working version of the app.

I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting though...

Re: Argyll - if wanting to do anything with CMYK profiling, one absolutely must use a RIP as Argyll is only a profile creation app, it cannot over-ride the standard GDI drivers and turn an RGB printer into a CMYK device. So, even if using Argyll, one still requires the RIP to actually print with a CMYK printer.

Onyx would be the way to go - or if you must, EFI XF 4.5.x will work too.
    I have Onyx installed and working - but as our workflow is roughly 80% CMYK graphic stuff and 20% RGB web\device\app stuff that does not need printing in general, i dont know how I feel about the Onyx 'RGB Profiles'. I do not have the experience to evaluate their performance..

Hoping the photosctrometer will give me more data and experience to evaluate this stuff with!

Thanks
    An additional interesting note about your friend's cracked device - it sounds similar to how I upgraded my Huey Basic to a Huey Pro using a hacked firmware update.

In that case i think the crack asked for the serial on the device, but i cannot remember - it still works as a pro on any computer I plug it in to.

It is possible a memory debugger and\or hex editor and knowledge of the original serial in the crack would be enough to hunt down the serial string and change it - but i am inexperienced in these steps, i just know the first steps for cracking many things is a memory debugger that lets you change stuff in your actual RAM memory banks!

15. Your ad here

aaron125
    I've heard of them but never had any reason to look into trying to use a mem debugger.

But all that's necessary to get i1Profiler working is a simple hex-editor (I think) to edit the exe in the position where the serial hides. I know this because the only info the guy gave the hacker was his i1 serial and the only thing he received for his $$$ was i1Profiler.exe

So if anyone's game, or has a clue about how to edit of the exe file, let me know.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    I've heard of them but never had any reason to look into trying to use a mem debugger.

But all that's necessary to get i1Profiler working is a simple hex-editor (I think) to edit the exe in the position where the serial hides. I know this because the only info the guy gave the hacker was his i1 serial and the only thing he received for his $$$ was i1Profiler.exe

So if anyone's game, or has a clue about how to edit of the exe file, let me know.
    The mem editing thing is pretty similar to the hex editing thing - same sort of bank view and ability to change hex\ascii. I actually used a memory debugger to get Esko Suite Working a few years back.. It worked, but was tricky even with specific instructions! I also once downloaded a 'cracker mega pack' type zip file from a torrent which had txt files and borland debugger to try and learn to crack something.. I failed, sadly - but it was interesting

If you can send me the file, I will try it as soon as I get a i1 pro..

If you want to send me the software and your serial #, I will attempt to reg-edit it and send it back to you as that is well within my ability. If we have a working iPublish solution, I will order a i1 very soon!

The hard part might be that we probably want the serial of the device it is programmed to work with now - otherwise we might not find what to replace.

aaron125
    Ahh, that's exactly why I made sure to specifically mention that the rather huge exe file requires internal (hex?) editing - nothing whatsoever to do with the registry unfortunately, as I have no probs doing a decent bit of reg editing but never done any hex/file internal editing.

I'm happy to give you the file but I can guarantee that it will require editing the internals of the exe, specifically the i1Pro device serial number to get the app working and no amount of registry editing will help getting the file to work for us/anyone.

Just for clarification, when you say you want a working iPublish, you actually mean you're wanting a working copy of the i1Profiler application, right? I1Publish is not actually software, it is the name of a specific i1Pro/i1Profiler combination, with all features and functions available to use in the software. With the i1 serial-patched exe, any i1Pro device (must be an i1Pro because the i1, A.K.A. i1Monitor device will still be restricted to just emissive measurements as that is hardwired into the device firmware) is essentially turned into the i1Publish package, as the serial-patched app allows all features and functions of the app to be used.
    Last edited by aaron125; 04-08-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: i1Publish = i1Profiler?

Thanks
    oh.. i meant hex editing... mind slip.

i actually write code in several languages, and sometimes use debugging tools for entirely legit reasons as well

;)

Junior Member vispro is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

color manager

Is efi Color Manager option workable with the i1?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast