+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: best program for create ICC profile?

aaron125
    OK cool. So I'm guessing you don't have any hardware for profile creation? What kind of printshop are you & what printers are you using - inkjet, offset, etc?

For general profile creation probably the easiest place to start would be either X-Rite ProfileMaker Pro 5.0.10 or X-Rite MonacoPROFILER 4.8.0 or 4.8.3, all of which can be found on these forums. I recommend these 2 apps as they don't necessarily produce the absolute best possible output or highest accuracy but they have been around for so many years that most people know them well, there is heaps of info about them both on the web & will give you a good introduction to profile creation/profile creation software.

If you have any specific questions about using these or any other colour management/profiling apps or just questions about something in the profiling process or colour management in general, just create a new thread in the correct forum section & I'm sure someone here will be able to help you with whatever problems you happen to run into.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

Donor tanman10000 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    OK cool. So I'm guessing you don't have any hardware for profile creation? What kind of printshop are you & what printers are you using - inkjet, offset, etc?

For general profile creation probably the easiest place to start would be either X-Rite ProfileMaker Pro 5.0.10 or X-Rite MonacoPROFILER 4.8.0 or 4.8.3, all of which can be found on these forums. I recommend these 2 apps as they don't necessarily produce the absolute best possible output or highest accuracy but they have been around for so many years that most people know them well, there is heaps of info about them both on the web & will give you a good introduction to profile creation/profile creation software.

If you have any specific questions about using these or any other colour management/profiling apps or just questions about something in the profiling process or colour management in general, just create a new thread in the correct forum section & I'm sure someone here will be able to help you with whatever problems you happen to run into.
    Thanks for the very helpful information! We're so new to the sign industry (we just got our first wide-format printer -- Mutoh 1614), and we waste a lot of material with trial and error. The techs at Feller's aren't super helpful in this area, so we've just been Googling for months... not really knowing what to search for. Color matching with Pantone swatches against Illustrator has been troublesome. Although, I've had much better luck with Flexi.

The other thing is that we're running PCs. One of these days I'll probably shell out the extra dough for a Mac so we can have a calibrated monitor. (That should help for "part" of our problem since most of our clients expect what they see on screen to be the exact final output.)

We have a big job coming up, and the color matching has to be a spot on match, and that's when I discovered this forum. Very cool forums, indeed! *bookmarked!*

Thanks again!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanman10000 For This Useful Post:

aaron125

You don't need a Mac. You do need a screen.

Just have to let you know there is nothing in colour management/profiling that can't be accomplished on a PC, which a Mac can. Maybe in some circumstances in certain fields in the music or graphics, graphics design industries Mac has a few apps which are Mac specific & no Windows equivalent but not in colour management.

And you shouldn't wait to get a hardware calibration screen. Especially being that your clients expect what they see on the screen will be the same or similar to the final output (and why shouldn't they?), a quality hardware calibration screen really is a must. The colorimeter you would need to calibrate the screen is only around US$200 or so. Happy hunting.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

Donor tanman10000 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Okay, thanks!

Just have to let you know there is nothing in colour management/profiling that can't be accomplished on a PC, which a Mac can. Maybe in some circumstances in certain fields in the music or graphics, graphics design industries Mac has a few apps which are Mac specific & no Windows equivalent but not in colour management.

And you shouldn't wait to get a hardware calibration screen. Especially being that your clients expect what they see on the screen will be the same or similar to the final output (and why shouldn't they?), a quality hardware calibration screen really is a must. The colorimeter you would need to calibrate the screen is only around US$200 or so. Happy hunting.
    I'll have to check that out. I was under the impression I'd need a monitor that was calibrated with the video card and such... more of an overall calibrated system from the manufacturer (i.e Mac)... but if I can just get a good calibrated monitor, that's awesome. Thanks for the tip! =D

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanman10000 For This Useful Post:

Rav
    Junior Member Rav is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    X-Rite has released v1.1.1 of i1Profiler. Looks very good, but it won't produce profiles with my i1 Pro without a license update. Digital Dog says the profile engine is superior to ProfileMaker Pro.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rav For This Useful Post:

aaron125
    It's not just him, every review or comparison I've seen has unanimously stated that the new i1Profiler engine is superior to both the ProfileMaker Pro & MonacoProfiler engines for CMYK & RGB.

Does anyone here have a serial or patch or activation crack for this program though? I've got the same problem, my i1Pro doesn't allow for printer profiling. I'd love to give this app a try.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

Rav
    Thanks

Does anyone here have a serial or patch or activation crack for this program though? I've got the same problem, my i1Pro doesn't allow for printer profiling. I'd love to give this app a try.
    me too....

I don't want to pay $440 for the X-Rite i1Profiler upgrade package A, USA price, or $770 Australian Price!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rav For This Useful Post:

Rav
    Thanks
    BTW - here are the links for the upgrade:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=wishListDetail.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=759155& is=REG

http://www.imagescience.com.au/products/X%252drite-i1Publish-Upgrade.html

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rav For This Useful Post:

aaron125
    hey there cobber! Nice to see another Aussie here.
    I thought for sure one of the bigger groups would be onto this app as soon as it was released to create a patch or somethine but every time I do a bit of looking around I can never find anything to get it going. No serials, no cracks, no patches, dll, nothing!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

Rav
    Thanks
    hey there cobber! Nice to see another Aussie here.
    I thought for sure one of the bigger groups would be onto this app as soon as it was released to create a patch or somethine but every time I do a bit of looking around I can never find anything to get it going. No serials, no cracks, no patches, dll, nothing!
    Hi, if I find anything, I'll be sure to let you know - but so far - no luck.

20. Your ad here

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rav For This Useful Post:

Rav
    Thanks
    Actually, these big color management packages are slow to get any scene attention. I mean, if it was Windows 8, they'd be onto it before official release :-)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rav For This Useful Post:

Digitix

PM Packaging substitute ....

Now that Lion has come to Mac, and are obsolete ProfileMaker different applications ... we as a substitute for PM Platinum i1 Profiler, but no solution for PM Packaging?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Digitix For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Wratten is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    My frequent usage in these two programs : dispcalGUI & basiCColor display

Junior Member patmak82 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    haha, i only use the built-in icc profile in PS

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wratten View Post
    My frequent usage in these two programs : dispcalGUI & basiCColor display
    I totally agree with Wratten.

For monitor calibration & profiling it's a great tandem!

As for me, Argyll dispcal gives the most acceptable results of software calibration in terms of gray balance. This is especially true when dealing with monitors in which the color temperature of white and black are very different! As much as possible dispcal allows me to achieve the most uniform gray ramp with smaller range of chroma variation.
    Cheers,
    CW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast