+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: best program for create ICC profile?

Junior Member tremor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    Actually it CAN! Just select two or more measurements in Assets/Measurement data and drag them to Measurement icon. ANd you will get Multiple Fiels Averaged header in measurements window.
    hi,

Thanks a lot for the info, had been looking for this!
    Actually any idea where to get the manual?

Junior Member mrdee999 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    on Profile Maker, with this soft it is not as much about its cost it is about the fact that it is pretty old and I'd say it hardly can handle modern monitors especially Wide Gamut ones. basICColor is a great choice and i1Profiler is good one it is among 'unbranded' monitor calibration apps. if someone got NEC or Eizo than there is only one answer is either SpectroView II for NEC and ColorNavigator for Eizo

Bob12345
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdee999 View Post
    ... if someone got NEC or Eizo than there is only one answer is either SpectroView II for NEC and ColorNavigator for Eizo
    You are right there! I am fortunate enough to have an Eizo. One huge reason to buy an Eizo (or NEC) is for the incomparable quality of the profiling - with the hardware LUT plus dedicated software (ColorNavigator or SpectroView) it's the only way to go if: 1. you are really serious about your colour reproduction and 2. you can afford it!

Teuflutch
    I use EFI Color Profiler Suite v3 with ES-1000 to create ICC profil. He is easy too use and work fine with RIP Fiery.

Junior Member quantic is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    For fiery driven CLC there is Fiery color profiler suite wich is a good intergrated tools.
    The result is quite ok as long as you recalibrate your CLC every day or every time condition change that could be several time a day if the clc is in some room subject to high temperature/humidity change during one day

Junior Member Wratten is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I would say that both dispcalgui and basiccolor are the most effective color management softwares specifically for software and hardware calibration. They are easy to follow with custom features to meet most calibrators' demand.

megaeric
    I have a epson 7880C but I have problems with colors has any icc file to solve the problem or I need a Rip software (problems with colors like red is not red its orange and black also )

Junior Member sakharov is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by megaeric View Post
    I have a epson 7880C but I have problems with colors has any icc file to solve the problem or I need a Rip software (problems with colors like red is not red its orange and black also )
    You do not need RIP. You should first of all linearize your printer by Epson ColorBase (free at epson.com). Spectrophotometer required (for example i1 Pro)
    If it will be not enough, you should create custom profile. Or order profile creation.

megaeric
    Can you explain it more easy give more advices please ? Because I got this machine less than 2 months and I think thoses results can be better than now

Bob12345
    The first step is to use the right profile (a small file with a ".icc" or ".icm" extension in Windows) for the paper you are using.

You must also get familiar with all the settings in your printer driver (in other words, use what you already have, first). Pay attention to putting the right media setting ("Photo" quality for glossy photo paper, "Matte" for mate paper etc.).

Your printer driver is also the place to use the profile. Look for "Color Management" (or similar) and set "ICC" (or similar) and point it to the appropriate profile.

(Profiles should be put in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color" folder to be useable).

As long as you use quality papers from makers like Epson, Hahnemuhle etc. you will find the manufacturers supply free downloadable profiles. This is reason enough to choose your paper carefully - check profiles are easily available before you buy the paper - otherwise you're into making your own profiles, which is more complicated and expensive.

You don't "need" a RIP, but once you have used one, you will never go back - a good RIP effectively 'supercharges' your printer and makes many things possible that are not possible without one.

Hope that helps for starters.

11. Your ad here

Thanks
    Can you explain it more easy give more advices please ? w
    Let's try.
    You download linearization software
    http://www.epson.co.uk/Printers-and-All-In-Ones/Large-Format/Epson-Stylus-Pro-7880/Drivers-Support?supportLandingPage=true

You should have one of supported spectrophotometers: Eye-One, Eye-One iO, Eye-One iSis, iCColor, SpectroScan, SpectroScanT, DTP20(Pulse), DTP70.
    Actually, you should have one of them if you want to control your printout.
    You should also have some Epson papers ColorBase support.
    Even if you do not plan to use Epson paper (I use Hahnemuhle in most cases) you should use Epson paper for linearization. ColorBase configured for Epson papers only.
    So, you install ColorBase and follow the steps in for print and later measure test pattern.
    As soon as you did it correctly (ColorBase check measure result) actual correction table will be embedded into standard Epson driver.
    So, for measured paper type your printer is linearized.
    No you can use not only Epson profile for this paper, but also third parties papers/profiles based on selected Epson paper driver settings.

For example, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag profile from Hahnemuhle site made for Epson Velvet paper driver settings. So, if you use Epson Velvet paper for linearization, not only Epson profile for Velvet will works good for Epson Velvet, but Hahnemuhle profile for Hahnemuhle Photo Rag if you configure Epson print driver for Epson Velvet.

Of cause, you can use real RIP for the same and many different tasks.
    But right RIP usage is not very simple :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sakharov For This Useful Post:

megaeric
    Thanks a lot man , but I looking for a Rip software because I not print on paper , this printer is modified to textile with especial ink like a silk screen digital that's the reason I make a test with a rip PowerRip DG but this one do not support large media because my print is adapted on flatbed table so I need a rip to support large formats like 600 x 1200 mm so if you help me with a rip program to make some tests I will be so greatfull with your help. Anyway thanks a lot if you have any advice be free man

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks a lot man , but I looking for a Rip software because I not print on paper...
    Sorry, I print FineArt only on different types of paper and canvas.
    Looks like you really need RIP for your task.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sakharov For This Useful Post:

megaeric
    So you know a good Rip and where I can get one to make testes ?

Thanks
    So you know a good Rip and where I can get one to make testes ?
    I know ImagePrint from ColorByte, but it is not for your task.
    Epson recommend EFI.
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Pro/SeriesStylusPro79009900efi/Overview.do
    http://w3.efi.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast