Thanks
    GMG Color proof uses MX3 and MX4 and its similar to ICC

Junior Member artigrafiche is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    undoubtedly oris

Junior Member David is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think that GMG is better than EFI.

Moderator babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi

i think Oris is better enough

follow this link

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f35/oris-pressmatcher-colortuner-cgs-setup-files-emulator-complete-package-7222/

God Bless
    "People with a good Heart...is a good Person...God Bless"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babajingjumong For This Useful Post:

Caden
    Quote Originally Posted by leo68 View Post
    With GMG ColorProof a standard ICC profile for the media is not enough, the process of calibrating a new (non GMG) media is quite an hassle
    I agree GMG is not user friendly. I use the EFI's rip to drive two Epsons. I demoed the GMG software and had a hard time getting it setup. Granted this was almost 2 years ago, so they might have made it more user friendly. As for color, both can be controlled very well.

Junior Member IvanPhan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

GMG is quite good

I use both GMG and Monaco profiler and MasterProof but I think GMG is better.

Junior Member jameszheng is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    10years cms work, i only say: software only tools!!!

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by babajingjumong View Post
    i think Oris is better enough

follow this link

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f35/oris-pressmatcher-colortuner-cgs-setup-files-emulator-complete-package-7222/

God Bless
    as far as I can tell, this package is still not cracked? I have a legit copy of EFI, and in my experience the quality of the profiles is pretty terrible-- In general I have excellent results with ProfileMakerPro, but I would love to give Oris a shot if its actually in working order at some point....

Junior Member valaxedo is on a distinguished road valaxedo's Avatar
    Thanks
    According to my knowledge, this is not a good question.

Why?
    Because it depends on the quality you need, the final result you want to share with others and the type of system you like.

For the ISO 12642-7 they are many different solutions available that you can easily compare on the FOGRA website. You will see that the interaction between RIP, printer and paper is obviously the most important.

You also have to consider if you want to work in an full ICC world compliant or a specific proprietary system.

Today, a lot of systems are equal in term of quality and consistency. (Except for the ISO 12647-8 which refers to the validation print format).

So don't be sheeps, It is just a smokescreen. Let try by yourself, experiment and see what you really need and no that the marketing want to sell you.
    ”It is important that you know where you come from, because if you do not know where you come from,
    then you don’t know where you are, and if you don’t know where you are, then you don’t know where you’re going.
    And if you don’t know where you’re going, you’re probably going wrong .”

Junior Member ruifil7 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alvindp View Post
    GMG Color proof uses MX3 and MX4 and its similar to ICC
    I can not disagree more with this quote.

MX3 and MX4 profiles from GMG are a completely different approach. When using icc profiles in proofing, you always have Lab color space in the middle. With GMG profiles, Lab data is the end itself, not a mean for. All color transformations are made directly cmyk2cmyk.

If you say that the result is similar, I'll have to tell you again that you are wrong. It could be just ok for you, but in a higher level of demand, people will notice the difference.

For instance, with a icc profile environment, if you have a grayscale image, the software will use all colors to print it (this is the icc world). On the other hand, GMG will use only black.

Not to mention when you want to simulate the screen used at your final output (offset, flex, whatever). But this is a discussion to have when you say mx5 profiles are similar to icc.

12. Your ad here

Thanks
    Dear,

I totally agree with you according the fact that GMG doesn't use the ICC "protocol".
    They obviously are in the fields of device-links which offer more usage than the classical ICC approach. And these limitations are often difficult for several end users…

but not for all. It of course depends of your needs.

And don't forget the most important thing: today we are far away from a real hard proof copy that will totally match the run. When you think that most all users deliver a proof which emulates the F39 whatever the final printing process…

The most important is not only the technology under the hood but also the communication throughout the process, no?

Cheers!
    ”It is important that you know where you come from, because if you do not know where you come from,
    then you don’t know where you are, and if you don’t know where you are, then you don’t know where you’re going.
    And if you don’t know where you’re going, you’re probably going wrong .”

Junior Member ruifil7 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Yes, you are correct in everything you say.

And, yes, most people makes their proof to match F39. But it's important to educate them to get their proof matching the final printing process. It's not a big deal to change the target output in the proofing software.

Another problem is when the print house can not achieve the standard, because they don't have the process calibrated and/or controlled: and this is a very common problem.

Communication always have and still is the main problem in the graphic arts world. There is always some to blame. But, if you have the right tools, you can always tell where the problem is (design, pre-press or press).

This is the ideal world, not the real . But I can dream, can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by valaxedo View Post
    Dear,

I totally agree with you according the fact that GMG doesn't use the ICC "protocol".
    They obviously are in the fields of device-links which offer more usage than the classical ICC approach. And these limitations are often difficult for several end users…

but not for all. It of course depends of your needs.

And don't forget the most important thing: today we are far away from a real hard proof copy that will totally match the run. When you think that most all users deliver a proof which emulates the F39 whatever the final printing process…

The most important is not only the technology under the hood but also the communication throughout the process, no?

Cheers!

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ruifil7 View Post
    Yes, you are correct in everything you say.

And, yes, most people makes their proof to match F39. But it's important to educate them to get their proof matching the final printing process. It's not a big deal to change the target output in the proofing software.

Another problem is when the print house can not achieve the standard, because they don't have the process calibrated and/or controlled: and this is a very common problem.

Communication always have and still is the main problem in the graphic arts world. There is always some to blame. But, if you have the right tools, you can always tell where the problem is (design, pre-press or press).

This is the ideal world, not the real . But I can dream, can't I?

A friend of mine who is prepress consultant has almost the same expression than yours.
    He call that the "blue sky effect". In a perfect world with a perfect model and perfect process, all is obviously possible. I have this dream every day too. And even if it's not so too difficult to do the right job, it is more problematic to change the habits; especially when they are reluctant to the change. But as I like to think, it is not necessary to hope for undertake nor to succeed for persevere!

Junior Member stika is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I tested ORIS Press Matcher // web and I can confirm that is very easy to understand and to use.
    PROS: It is great because you can process a PDF to have another PDF as output, to print with bundled sw of your plotter. The advantage is that you can change your printer without thinking to the rip.
    CONS: price :-)

Banned ananza is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    yea this is the best software for usage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast