+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: basICColor display 5

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    Sure upgrade do contains the improvements. They do change UI, adding some new options, probably they made an improvements to calibration algorythm, but unlikely that the calibration algorytm has been significantly altered. This is not a statement but rather a suggestion. :)
    Just finish some additional tests. Have to say the calibration algorithm actually has been changed a little. Depends on the option choosed in the preferences, the calibration process can be performed using more grid points and more itterations. According to the manual, this optons effects not only the calibration process, but also on the process of profiling.
    In addition, new options has been added to the 'Tonal response curve', including CIECAM02 curves.
    And one more, once the icc profile has been created, for some hardware calibrated monitors, possible to emulate the shape and size of a different color space.
    This is not an exhaustive list of all the new features in version 5, but in my opinion, the most important of those that I found.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    I still doubt it will come close to Eizo's own ColorNavigator v6, I've not yet found anything that does.
    You were right, aaron! With Display 5 I wasn't be able to get the results as good as I get with ColorNavigator 6. As a measurement hw I have used both i1Pro Rev.D and Eizo Swing colorimetr. It had no effect on the result.
    Cheers,
    CW

Junior Member sunmage is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Mac versions is little amount buggy.

darky_mtp
    Version 5.0.3
    [URL="http://license.basiccolor.de/files/basICColor_display_503.zip"]Windows[/URL]
    [URL="http://license.basiccolor.de/files/basICColor_display_503.dmg"]Mac[/URL]

darky_mtp
    Windows patcher for 5.0.3.
    Adapted from the previously posted patch.
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to darky_mtp For This Useful Post:

IuriBernardi
    Some bug, on MAC, also with 5.0.3.

Working no probs Win7 x64
    Last edited by aaron125; 05-29-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: info for Windows users

aaron125
    Just finish some additional tests. Have to say the calibration algorithm actually has been changed a little. Depends on the option choosed in the preferences, the calibration process can be performed using more grid points and more itterations. According to the manual, this optons effects not only the calibration process, but also on the process of profiling.
    One would certainly hope so, otherwise it would be pointless as there's no sort of 'real' or actual calibration happening on an LCD screen. Not like the ol' days where gain and bias and various other adjustments would indeed calibrate a CRT. Definitely weren't good ol' days though.
    In addition, new options has been added to the 'Tonal response curve', including CIECAM02 curves.
    And one more, once the icc profile has been created, for some hardware calibrated monitors, possible to emulate the shape and size of a different color space.
    This is not an exhaustive list of all the new features in version 5, but in my opinion, the most important of those that I found.
    Hmm, sounds extremely similar to the feature-set found in ColorNavigator 6, especially the profile emulation. The emulation does come in handy sometimes though, that's for sure. But I really wouldn't trust it all that much unless it's done completely or a large portion of it in hardware/high-bit internal LUTs as per the method ColorNavigator 6 uses.
    You were right, aaron! With Display 5 I wasn't be able to get the results as good as I get with ColorNavigator 6. As a measurement hw I have used both i1Pro Rev.D and Eizo Swing colorimetr. It had no effect on the result.
    A Swing eh? Are you using a CG245 or CG275 mate? Do you calibrate/profile to L* or X.Ygamma when using ColorNavigator? If you want, I have setup the 1617 patch IT8.7/4 GRACoL target for use with CNav so that it can be used for the verification - would be most interesting to find out how much difference there is between whatever screen you're using an my CG242 over the 1617 patches?

One more thing... does your CNav give incorrect readouts in the verification section? Mine does, and after contacting Eizo Australia, they are getting the identical results in their tests. What happens is that the profile/monitor WP is always measured as 100,0,0 whether the WP is set to 5000K or 6500K, etc. Obviously a WP of 6500K is noticeably non-neutral and indeed noticeably blue. The correct measurement for a 6500K WP should be in the vicinity of -7 to -20ish for the b* measurement. That's how it always used to be with CNav 5.x but hasn't ever read correctly so far in the various versions of CNav 6.x.

Most interested to find out what your results will be like.

Donor Mogly is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have an Eizo CG243W and if I try to pass the verification Fogra 39 after having calibrated to 90 cd. 5800 ° and 1.8 gamma is always some value fails the check, and did it with a pro and a i1 i1 display. And when I compare a picture with some form he had in the company and he was sure it was OK because the company had custom profiles and an offset machine CG211 calibrated correctly representing reasonably similar colors to printed colors in the I get very yellow CG243W with respect to the form. All with the latest version CNAV 6.

Tomorrow I'll take the empreso and I will compare with the GC 211.
    I'll tell you.

aaron125
    WOW!!! I can't believe your CG243 is unable to pass. That is most worrying as the CG243 even has official certification from FOGRA as a class 1 (or whatever is the highest level, can't remember the exact name atm) monitor. You should absolutely DEFINITELY have the screen inspected by Eizo to see if there are any problems or anomolies which could be repaired under warranty. And because Eizo has an industry leading 5 year warranty, you should not have any hassles with it being expired.

My own CG242 passes with flying colours (no pun intended), both the colour bar test and also the full 1617 patch test. It's been a couple months since I last tested my screen in this manner, but from memory, I'm pretty sure I was seeing results of <1dE94/2000 average (I think it is more like <0.5dE but I'd have to check to be sure) and a maximum dE94/2000 just a little over 2.0dE94/2000. And that's for the entire 1617 IT8.7/4 target using GRACoL2006_Coated1v2 profile, not just the colour bar.

I've tested the 242W using 3 different instruments: i1Pro Rev. B, i1d2, i1d3. The i1display colorimeters, whether the newer i1d3 or the older i1d2 are both far more accurate than the i1Pro spectro, especially when it comes to measuring any of the darker target colour patches.

Just out of curiosity, why do you profile your screen with a setting of gamma1.8? Even Mac's don't use this anymore, I believe all new MacBook/Pro, iMac, etc. have had their screens set to gamma2.2 for some time now, since MacOS X 10.6. Do you not like the L* setting? I find it's the best for photographic, proofing, retouching type of work. If I'm gaming or watching movies, I usually change to a profile/calibration which has a gamma2.2 setting for the darker blacks and greater contrast.

Donor Mogly is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I called the service and send me a replacement while they repair the wrong.
    The 1.8, because I use it mainly for prepress and after reading a lot and look at the UGRA certification, recommend a gamma of 1.8 (maybe I'm wrong) but also recommend 120 cd and I use 80 but hey, I'll tell you.

Junior Member asch75 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    darky_mtp; waht's the password of the patch file?
    Thanks.

12. Your ad here

Junior Member darky_mtp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    printroot.com as required by forum rules.

Junior Member asch75 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sorry to ask; I'm a newbie...
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2