+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: basICColor display 5

Donor Tom01 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

basICColor display 5

New version. Hardware callibration EIZO/NEC/Quato monitors.
    basICColor_display_501.zip
    For Windows
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    And for mac
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Last edited by aaron125; 02-04-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added Mac link, thanks go to ravenwing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom01 For This Useful Post:
    pep

Junior Member Siberia-media is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Question

But how to cure?

quyu
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia-media View Post
    But how to cure?
    Need equipment, such as I1, LINO/SCAN

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia-media View Post
    But how to cure?
    Quote Originally Posted by quyu View Post
    Need equipment, such as I1, LINO/SCAN
    Obviously every profile creation type of app needs a HW device to perform the measurements (sure, you can import previous measurements (how'd you get those?) or if brave, one can 'hand-make' a measurement file, but who would ever want to profile their hand?), but that doesn't consititute a "cure", it is simply a necessary requirement.

IMHO, the "how to cure" is obviously asking for a patch/crack for the use of the proggy after the 14-day trial period ends. Anyone got any ideas?

Would LOVE to get the new BasICColor Improve 'cured' and working permanently, no demo mode crap.

Anyhoo, gonna give Display 5 a try on my CG242 using an i1d3 and see what the new version of the proggy is like and if it's any good.

What are people's experiences so far?

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron125 View Post
    ...Would LOVE to get the new BasICColor Improve 'cured' and working permanently, no demo mode crap.

Anyhoo, gonna give Display 5 a try on my CG242 using an i1d3 and see what the new version of the proggy is like and if it's any good.
    Hi aaron125,

IMHO, in order to get an idea of ​​how well the program is, the 14 days demo license is more than enough, isn't it?

In the middle of february I'm planning to test v5 with Eizo CG245W. I'm going to compare the results obtained with basICColor v5 and ColorNavigator v6 in terms of ∆Emax and ∆Eavg using the same calibration targets.

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to compare with basICColor v4 because it's not able to use the SWING sensor and to communicate with monitor for hardware calibration.

Based on available information, it's unlikely that in v5 calibration algorithm has changed, so the results of calibration should be predictable. IMHO the most effective calibration algorithm in ArgyllCMS. Unfortunately it can't perform hardware calibration.
    Cheers,
    CW

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    Hi aaron125,

IMHO, in order to get an idea of ​​how well the program is, the 14 days demo license is more than enough, isn't it?

In the middle of february I'm planning to test v5 with Eizo CG245W. I'm going to compare the results obtained with basICColor v5 and ColorNavigator v6 in terms of ∆Emax and ∆Eavg using the same calibration targets.

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to compare with basICColor v4 because it's not able to use the SWING sensor and to communicate with monitor for hardware calibration.

Based on available information, it's unlikely that in v5 calibration algorithm has changed, so the results of calibration should be predictable. IMHO the most effective calibration algorithm in ArgyllCMS. Unfortunately it can't perform hardware calibration.
    For sure, 14 days is enough, but please tell me, who cares about trialling/getting an idea of a proggy? Aren't we all wanting the same thing... that being fully patched/fully working copies of whatever apps we like to use? Perhaps there might be 1 function of this (or any other) app I like and would like to use in the future, so not interested in any 14-day demo stuff. Of course I use the 14-day license to actually see what the program can do, how it works, etc., but it definitely is not enough, let alone more than enough ;-)

Regarding your CG245 testing, how can one possibly make use of the same calibration targets as ColorNavigator 6 does, when it doesn't actually use any? I'm also guessing you meant to say 'characterization targets', not calibration as there is no such thing as a calibration target for any Eizo CG screen, or any other brand (in my knowledge). Sure, printers make use of calibration targets, but I've never heard of the same being used with high-end, hardware calibration screens. I can't really even understand how one could do this or how it would be possible. Please do explain your process and methodology, I'm very interested.

Finally, why do you say the v5 algorythm wouldn't have changed from v4? I've not yet used the new Display v5 (but will be later this evening), but what would be the point of releasing an entirely new app version and charging paying customers for said app if there wasn't any improvement (or even any change) from the v4 inner workings? I doubt anyone would want to waste their hard-earned on a program/company which simply re-releases old software/technology in a new packaging?

But like I said, I've not yet used the app, so of course, I could be mistaken and it might make use of the exact same algorythms as v4, which would be a major bummer. Will give some feedback as to what the new v5 proggy is like.

I still doubt it will come close to Eizo's own ColorNavigator v6, I've not yet found anything that does.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    For sure, 14 days is enough, but please tell me, who cares about trialling/getting an idea of a proggy? Aren't we all wanting the same thing... that being fully patched/fully working copies of whatever apps we like to use?
    You are absolutly right. Fully working app allows you not to worry about how much time is left until the end of demo.
    Who cares about demo/trial apps? Perhaps, I am one of those who sometime are intrested in demo license. Because, in some cases, a demo license is the only way to get the fully working app (e.g. PowerSWITCH), and, probably, the one of the simple and fast ways to patch the app. But it depends on application, of course... and it doesn't mean that I will prefer demo-version if I can get the patched one! :)
    I am sure, until you get the patched Display 5, 14 days trial woul allow you to answers your questions about what this app is like, and if it's any good. I think it shouldn't takes you all 14 days to test i1d3 on your CG242. That is what I meant when I talked about the trial.

Perhaps there might be 1 function of this (or any other) app I like and would like to use in the future, so not interested in any 14-day demo stuff. Of course I use the 14-day license to actually see what the program can do, how it works, etc., but it definitely is not enough, let alone more than enough ;-)
    No doubt, in general, you are right. For example, planning and testing of Alwan CMYK Optimizer took me more than 14 dyas, but if we talk about Display 5, trial period should be sufficient to plan and perform all possible tests :) That is my point of view.

Regarding your CG245 testing, how can one possibly make use of the same calibration targets as ColorNavigator 6 does, when it doesn't actually use any? I'm also guessing you meant to say 'characterization targets', not calibration as there is no such thing as a calibration target for any Eizo CG screen, or any other brand (in my knowledge). Sure, printers make use of calibration targets, but I've never heard of the same being used with high-end, hardware calibration screens. I can't really even understand how one could do this or how it would be possible. Please do explain your process and methodology, I'm very interested.
    Usually I try to use the correct terminology, but perhaps due to the fact that English is not my native language, I could made a mistake. Let me explain, what I meant.
    By the calibration targets I meant the target/desired values of parameters which will be adjusted during display calibration to bring its color response to a known state. Typically for display calibration these parameters are:
    • Brightness
    • White Point/Color temperature
    • Gamma
    • Black Level/Contrast
    In ColorNavigator you can create a set of targets (e.g. 'Printing', 'Photo', 'Web' etc.) in which you specify the target values for display calibration. ColorNavigator manual calls them 'Adjustment targets'.

I didn't mean 'characterization targets' because of 'device/display characterizing' is the process of recording the way a display reproduces the color. IMHO, schematically there is no difference in process of calibration/profiling of output devices, including printer or display. In base of it lies the calibration process which objective is to adjust the color response of a device to a know state. In ICC terms this is the basis for a additional color characterization of the device and later profiling.

In case of display profiling, the process of calibration, characterization and profiling typically occurs sequentially and without a breake. One of the applications which allow you to performs these processes separately is Argyll.

I'm going to calibrate CG245 with the same target values for Brightness, Gamma, Black level and Color temperature using built-in Eizo Swing sensor with ColorNavigator 6 and basICColor Display 5. So I can be sure that the color values will be measured with one HW on the same screen location. Results of calibration will be avaluated using Validate function of Colornavigator. It allows use the custom targets for validation and displays the results using three different dE formulas.

Finally, why do you say the v5 algorythm wouldn't have changed from v4? I've not yet used the new Display v5 (but will be later this evening), but what would be the point of releasing an entirely new app version and charging paying customers for said app if there wasn't any improvement (or even any change) from the v4 inner workings? I doubt anyone would want to waste their hard-earned on a program/company which simply re-releases old software/technology in a new packaging?
    Sure upgrade do contains the improvements. They do change UI, adding some new options, probably they made an improvements to calibration algorythm, but unlikely that the calibration algorytm has been significantly altered. This is not a statement but rather a suggestion. :)
    Frankly, I am pleased with the overall quality of calibration/profiling of non professional displays which I can get using basICColor Display with ArgyllCMS.

I still doubt it will come close to Eizo's own ColorNavigator v6, I've not yet found anything that does.
    CG245 is my first Eizo screen, so I haven't enough experience using different apps for display calibration/profiling.
    Cheers,
    CW

Junior Member Wratten is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I am unable to calibrate my hardware calibration screen as NEC P241W due to their current support lists. Buyers beware.

Donor ravenwing is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom01 View Post
    New version. Hardware callibration EIZO/NEC/Quato monitors.
    basICColor_display_501.zip
    Code:

And for mac
    Code:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ravenwing For This Useful Post:

Bob12345
    [QUOTE=aaron125;36469]

...what would be the point of releasing an entirely new app version and charging paying customers for said app if there wasn't any improvement (or even any change) from the v4 inner workings?

The point would be to make money!

[QUOTE=aaron125;36469]

I doubt anyone would want to waste their hard-earned on a program/company which simply re-releases old software/technology in a new packaging?

No, nobody would 'want' to, but it sure as heck happens!

(I'm not saying this is the case with Basiccolor - it clearly is not!).

By the way, Aaron, thanks for the heads-up (in another post) about the i1 Display 3. Interesting.

This might be of interest to you and others:

X-Rite EyeOne Display 3 Colorimeter with ChromaPure

http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure_EyeOneDisplay3.shtm

13. Your ad here

Bob12345

BasICColor 5.0.1 Fix [PC only]

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f35/basiccolor-display-5-0-1-%5Bfix-only%5D-8281/#post37501

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob12345 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Would LOVE to get the new BasICColor Improve 'cured' and working permanently, no demo mode crap.
    If you are still looking for basICColor IMprove app, you will find it [URL="http://www.printroot.com/forum/f21/basiccolor-improve-8610/"]here [/URL](special for you! )
    It would be great if you could share your experience with this tool!
    Cheers,
    CW

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Junior Member kamilo1973 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wratten View Post
    I am unable to calibrate my hardware calibration screen as NEC P241W due to their current support lists. Buyers beware.
    Try to download original NEC software SpectraView II - this is very good software ... i think for NEC better than basICColor ...

Used for P221W with i1d2 and i1pro - great accuracy ...

Donor ravenwing is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    If you are still looking for basICColor IMprove app, you will find it [URL="http://www.printroot.com/forum/f21/basiccolor-improve-8610/"]here [/URL](special for you! )
    It would be great if you could share your experience with this tool!
    Is there any chance for you to have a fix of the mac version of basICColor display 501?
    It would be greatly appreciated
    I would like to try this on Lion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
    Is there any chance for you to have a fix of the mac version of basICColor display 501?
    It would be greatly appreciated
    I would like to try this on Lion.
    Not sure about version 5, but in earlier versions, the application didn't perform an additional check of the demo license expiration. So, to launch the application after the license has been expired, you have to change the system date to the date of license. Once the application is running, you can change the system date back.
    That's not a crack :) but it could be a simple workaround to run the application after the demo license has been expired.
    Cheers,
    CW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast