+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [MAC] basICColor display 5.3.0 b41.47

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks

Thumbs down Read the rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Munkoli View Post
    Thanks for this.
    ...or get banned!

Junior Member Munkoli is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sorry, missed that bit about the thanking button. Does anyone know how to change the machine ID in the licence for this software? It says my machine ID has already been used for a 14 day trial. I thought that there would be a workaround. I tried changing my ethernet address already but the machine ID stayed the same. I have also removed the licence file from ~/library/Preferences
    Seems to have installed something else very hidden as problem persists after uninstalling and reinstalling. Thanks

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    I thought that there would be a workaround. I tried changing my ethernet address already but the machine ID stayed the same. I have also removed the licence file from ~/library/Preferences
    Seems to have installed something else very hidden as problem persists after uninstalling and reinstalling. Thanks
    MachineID calculation differs for different OS: under Windows MachineID is system HDD serial number, under OS X this is PlatformSerialNumber.
    License code depeneds on MachineID. So, under OS X it can be quite difficult to change MachineID.
    Cheers,
    CW

Moderator Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    MachineID calculation differs for different OS: under Windows MachineID is system HDD serial number, under OS X this is PlatformSerialNumber.
    License code depeneds on MachineID. So, under OS X it can be quite difficult to change MachineID.
    Tricky indeed, although the below method has had success with various generations of Mac's.

Dont fry your Mac, I'm not gonna be responsible for void warranties...

http://rogersm.net/icloud-problems-mountain-lion-serial-number

Thanks
    Thanks. Also, any idea where the secret file is that basiccolor has left somewhere on my hdd?

Moderator Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanks. Also, any idea where the secret file is that basiccolor has left somewhere on my hdd?
    no, sorry nfi. If it's phoning home it may be just putting it back every time you re-install.

/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Saved Application State has some files under

de.basICColor.display5.savedState
    de.basiccolor.RemindMe.savedState

Doubt it will make any difference tho.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Willburwilde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willburwilde View Post
    Tricky indeed, although the below method has had success with various generations of Mac's.

Dont fry your Mac, I'm not gonna be responsible for void warranties...

http://rogersm.net/icloud-problems-mountain-lion-serial-number
    I just checked that link, but it's only for setting a serial number where there isn't one. The tool can't be used to change one's it sounds like too risky a thing to do anyway. No doubt all the Apple services would break and any other software that is tied to my hardware serial.

Thanks
    I just checked that link, but it's only for setting a serial number where there isn't one. The tool can't be used to change one's it sounds like too risky a thing to do anyway. No doubt all the Apple services would break and any other software that is tied to my hardware serial.
    Yes, depending on the era of your mac....various methods such as changing your HD, battery or other hardware will result in a blank serial number, then one can change.

Not for the light hearted...and very off topic.
    Last edited by Willburwilde; 03-30-2016 at 03:45 PM.

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Deleting the license file (demo license?) will not help you. I will explain why.
    A license file, but actually a license code, is tied to a serial number. After you got a time-limited license file from basICColor, your MachineID was recorded in their database. If you will try to request another time-limited license for the same MachineID you will get only an error message. So, if you don't want to change a serial number, you have to either find another license generator (online or offline) or a crack... or to buy it :)
    So, your options are:
    • to get a time-limited license for other MachineID
    • to get a demo license from a dealer
    • to find an alternative (usually illegal) way to use this app.
    Cheers,
    CW

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    Deleting the license file (demo license?) will not help you. I will explain why.
    A license file, but actually a license code, is tied to a serial number. After you got a time-limited license file from basICColor, your MachineID was recorded in their database. If you will try to request another time-limited license for the same MachineID you will get only an error message. So, if you don't want to change a serial number, you have to either find another license generator (online or offline) or a crack... or to buy it :)
    So, your options are:
    • to get a time-limited license for other MachineID
    • to get a demo license from a dealer
    • to find an alternative (usually illegal) way to use this app.
    i guess there is another option:

just install the app inside a virtual machine!

this way you may revert to initial state or
    fiddle with the machine id parameters to your needs.

12. Your ad here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    i guess there is another option:

just install the app inside a virtual machine!

this way you may revert to initial state or
    fiddle with the machine id parameters to your needs.
    Absolutely! Thank you good Samaritan!
    Thanks to God, this is not my option!
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    Thanks. Problem is, is that I have something that replaces two file inside the macOS folder inside the app. But it doesn't work. It should do, but somehow it knows that I have done trial before. Yes buying is always an option, but I would like further testing before committing.

Thanks
    Thanks. Problem is, is that I have something that replaces two file inside the macOS folder inside the app. But it doesn't work. It should do, but somehow it knows that I have done trial before. Yes buying is always an option, but I would like further testing before committing.
    I think that "something you have" is actually a crack... that doesn't work as you expect.
    You said also that you still need more testing before buying. May I ask you, what exactly you are looking for? What did you test already and which results?
    IMHO, you will get much better results (in terms of calibration results) for non-hardware calibrated displays using ArgyllCMS (+3rd party GUI). But basICColor display is not expensive and gives you not bad result out of the box.
    If you are looking for a crack for a non-expensive tool, I doubt that you are actually going to buy it. Am I wrong?
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    You are probably right in saying I should use Argyll. I have tried, but couldn't get my puck to load, but should give it another try. (I have old Display 2). When I tested the Basiccolor first time I found it a more accurate calibration than other options available at the time. But I wanted to see if it still holds up to other options.

Thanks
    You are probably right in saying I should use Argyll. I have tried, but couldn't get my puck to load, but should give it another try. (I have old Display 2). When I tested the Basiccolor first time I found it a more accurate calibration than other options available at the time. But I wanted to see if it still holds up to other options.
    There are not many solutions for the display calibration/profiling, but among them I would prefer to use ArgyllCMS, at least, for the display calibration. Sometime I use the tandem of ArgyllCMS + basICColor display.
    As I already said, ArgyllCMS is especially useful with non-hardware calibrated displays. Don't waste your time, give Argyll another try.
    Cheers,
    CW

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast