+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SUMMA F1612 flatbed for packaging prototyping

Junior Member nijebitno is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

SUMMA F1612 flatbed for packaging prototyping

Hi to all.

My company is expanding from digital wide format prnting to packaging prototyping and we want to purchase summa flatbed cutter f1612. Does anybody have experience with the machine and what software is have best cost/value ratio for start. Any advise is velcome.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nijebitno For This Useful Post:

Member todesign is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Hi

I work in the Uk and have worked with a ZUND p700 and now with a ZUND m800

I can really recommend them for packaging, that's what we mainly use are for along with the odd bit of kiss-cutting labels and short run brochure work.

There is another brand I've heard great stuff about.

kongsberg made by ESKO

Never heard of SUMMA but that doesn't mean anything since I'm from the UK.

Their camera registration recognition software looks good. For my machine that's an extra £9000 so we've got to get some more work to justify spending that first.

If your interested in something like that you'll have to ask them if they do some sort of LED "edge of sheet"detection system I've heard ZUND do it and i gather it's half the price of the camera might be worth looking into.

I can highly recommend any cutting system for packaging prototypes though they are invaluable, and will make the money back very fast if you can get the work for them are old machine was paid off within the first year.

There's loads of packaging software available for prototypes.

Heidelberg Package designer
    Engview standard
    kasemake
    esko ArtiosCAD
    GTK software from ZUND
    Pack Z from ZUND

Hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to todesign For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you for fast reply.

Regarding summa, they are new in flatbed routers with f1612 since last year. Its entry level machine priced below 50.000 eur so we have plans when volume increases to upgrade to zund (that is our goal and best case scenario).

You said you upgraded from 700 to 800? What is main diference? Can 700 be found used for sale?

Regards.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nijebitno View Post
    Thank you for fast reply.

Regarding summa, they are new in flatbed routers with f1612 since last year. Its entry level machine priced below 50.000 eur so we have plans when volume increases to upgrade to zund (that is our goal and best case scenario).

You said you upgraded from 700 to 800? What is main diference? Can 700 be found used for sale?

Regards.
    Our old machine was a P-700 their about 20 years old now apparently but that didn't stop us using it, The only restriction is the size of the table and the noise it makes, not the quietest of machines as its numatic, the tools driven by air pressure, the m-800 its motorized hence most of the noise is gone. Also the tools aren't intelligent on the 700 everything has to be adjusted by hand, which wasn't a problem, The tools are intelligent on a 800 and you can adjust Z offset (blade height adjustment) on the computer.

There was one on eBay before Christmas that went for £12000.
    What sort of packaging are interested in producing?

We mainly worked with carton board and E flute packaging (e flute is very thin)

What you've got to remember is the thicker the material you want to cut the more blade you need lowered on the tools, so thicker you cut the more over-cut you get. You can get software that compensates for this but we never had it. On material like carton board its not noticeable when you start moving on to fluted material you start to see it, still not noticeable if you stick to thin flutes. Just something to bear in mind. I think there are different knife tools to avoid this but we only used like the standard disposable knifes which are like a £1 each and they were more the enough for almost all materials.

Would not have a clue where to get one from though.

Maybe worth contacting zund directly.

Anything else you want to know?

Thanks
    Thank you,

I will sure have more question about zund in future time bacuse we are in contact with zund sales representative for our region. We are looking for S3 cutter with 1600x1800 bed. So hope to go forward with it :))

Regards.

And onother thanks for info ;)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nijebitno View Post
    Thank you,

I will sure have more question about zund in future time bacuse we are in contact with zund sales representative for our region. We are looking for S3 cutter with 1600x1800 bed. So hope to go forward with it :))

Regards.

And another thanks for info ;)
    S3 don't they cost loads?

The Zund guy said most of them go over 100k

We are only renting the m800 at the mo to see if its worth the money but we've just done it's second job and we've already paid that months rent off so :)

Member jacunda will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I've only had experience with DataTech and Kongsberg tables. I don't think DataTech is in business anymore. Konsberg has a strong partnership with Esko and their tables are top notch for sample making.

http://www.esko.com/en/Products/Overview/kongsberg-xp/overview/

+ Reply to Thread