+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ArtiosCad 7.6

Junior Member roger555 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Big problem hoping some might have some ideas! I have been running a cracked version of artioscad 7.6 at work for a few years now. Recently it stopped opening and I get the error about the license manager is shutdown or initializing (something along those lines). So after poking around it turns out the norton securities they have setup started blocking this file from initializing at startup "FNPLicensingService.exe"

"Anti-spyware Maximum Protection:Prevent installation of new CLSIDs, APPIDs and TYPELIBs Action blocked"

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

I actually remember this happening before when I first installed it a few years back but I think I was able to add this to the exceptions list. However now any changes I make revert back once I restart so apparently locked by the admin.

Any ideas?? Is there a way to install Artios so its a stand al program without the license service stuff running in the background?

Member jacunda will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    As far as I know even with stand al installation you still need the licensing service running. You really need to get Norton to accept the service on a permanent basis. Will your admin help you with this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jacunda View Post
    As far as I know even with stand al installation you still need the licensing service running. You really need to get Norton to accept the service on a permanent basis. Will your admin help you with this?
    I'm tempted to ask I just don't know how to explain why I need this license manager running in the first place. I just don't want them to start looking into the programs I'm running and find out somehow that it shouldn't have Esko in the first place.

Thanks
    Do you have local admin rights on the system? If so I would think that you should be able to update norton or better yet, remove it and install a less intrusive solution :) If you don't have local admin there are solution out there which can help you to enable it without the 'admins' assistance as long as there is a local account that is a member of the administrators group.

Thanks
    Umm yes I believe I have local admin rights I'll confirm tomorrow though. I misspoke on the anti virus its actually McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise V8.8.

I have tried disabling the "Anti-spyware Maximum Protection" mode and/or just adding FNPLicensingService.exe to the exceptions list which appears to work without error however after applying the changes then reopening the changes have been reverted back.

Any more info on the workaround to enable it that you mentid below? Or in the meantime I need to at least get a substitute program that I can use to quickly draw box templates that doesn't require a license server. Any ideas?

Thanks
    On another note I downloaded ArtiosCAD 12 posted on page 2, install went fine but I am getting the Advantagecad error. I moved the files and added the environmental variable but why is the data file have a .com extension? doesn't seem to do anything with that file.

1) Install, select licensing type "Local License/Standal"

2) unrar "artioscad.exe" & "inttune.dll" to C:\Esko\Artios\ArtiosCAD\Program
    unrar "datacenter.exe" to C:\Esko\Artios\datacenter\Program\English
    unrar "printroot.com" to C:\

3) Setting the ESKO_LICENSE_FILE Variable

1.Open up Control Panel, User Accounts, Change my environment variables
    2.Under User Variables click the New button.
    3.In the Variable text box type: ESKO_LICENSE_FILE
    4.In the Value text box type: c:\printroot.com
    5.Click OK.

Thanks
    The workaround was for giving you local admin rights on a computer that you have an account on but does not have admin rights on your login account.

The extension on the license file does not mean anything. For that matter neither does the file name. You could change it to license.dat if you wanted to. You just have to make sure you set the environmental variable to the exact location of the license file.

It looks like your installation notes are correct. thing that I picked up on was updating an expiration date in the license file. You can check out the discussion and fix here: http://www.printroot.com/forum/f21/artioscad-expire-message-25415/

It might be that Windows does not like having the license file in the root of the C: drive. I installed v12 also and placed my license file here: C:\Esko\flexlm\license.dat

The other thing I recommend is running the installation as "admin". You know that option if you right click the installation file and select "Run as administrator".

Thanks
    I actually did try doing it like you suggested, renamed the printroot.com file to license.dat and directed it toward C:\Esko\flexlm\license.dat like Artios 7.6.

Unfortunately this did not work either so for the heck of it I threw in the old license.dat file from 7.6 and I got a different error this time saying that I need to have ArtiosCAD12 to use this program.

I tried clicking on that link but I dont have permissions to access that section of the forum. Would you be able to post the relevant data here?

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks
    Here is the post from the link:

Artioscad "expire" message

Does anybody else have this message?

The license for option
    Connection
    will expire on:
    Sunday, Spetember 01, 2013

Any idea?
    Shall we wait until september?

Edit with the notepad the file printroot.com. Change the word "1-sep-2013" with the word "permanent" or another date.

Thanks
    The only other thing I can think of is that something happened during the install that corrupted it. Maybe a re-installation will help.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member snapi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I am installed artioscad version 12 following message:
    "feature is not available
    Esko artioscad
    Need for this feature to purchase of the Following Options:
    advantagecad
    connection"

I did exactly the steps described here:

1) Install, select licensing type "Local License/Standal"

2) unrar "artioscad.exe" & "inttune.dll" to C:\Esko\Artios\ArtiosCAD\Program
    unrar "datacenter.exe" to C:\Esko\Artios\datacenter\Program\English
    unrar "printroot.com" to C:\

3) Setting the ESKO_LICENSE_FILE Variable

Windows XP

1.Open up Control Panel, System, Advanced, Environment Variables.
    2.Under User Variables or System Variables, click the New button.
    5.Click OK.

Windows Vista/Win7

1.Open up Control Panel, User Accounts, Change my environment variables
    2.Under User Variables click the New button.
    5.Click OK.

Notes:
    On some antivirus scan, cracked files can reveal Type Win32 or Trojan Type virus ...
    Don't be stupid, It s not a virus or anything else like that.
    Just some packers/cryptors which have same binary signature.

PrintRoot

I worked for a while then error occurs:
    "feature is not available
    Esko artioscad
    Need for this feature to purchase of the Following Options:
    advantagecad
    connection"

who solved the problem that you please post it here thanks a lot

Thanks
    I wonder if your license file is corrupted? I am using v12 with no problems. I uploaded the license file I am using. You can download and try if you want to:

http://ul.to/jm8utxhy

Also- Cross posting is usually frowned upon if forum communities. Not sure about this so I am speaking in generalities.

Thanks
    I got my artios 12 working after I changed the dates inside the license file. If the file jacunda posted doesnt work I can help you mod your license file just let me know.

Thanks
    That's great news roger555! I'm glad to hear you got it working.

The license file I posted has the date fix implemented.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jacunda View Post
    That's great news roger555! I'm glad to hear you got it working.

The license file I posted has the date fix implemented.
    For a second I got excited and thought maybe thats what happened to my license file at work too. I checked and it already had the date as permanent :( . However I did notice something weird in the "services" panel in windows at work there are flexnet servers listed and of them is running. I checked the same thing here at home in the services panel and there is only flexnet and it is the same that is running at work. So i'm wondering now if there is something else going on besides the anti virus ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast